Congrats! Review the Oct. LSAT...

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Congrats! Review the Oct. LSAT...

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:19 pm

Best of luck with your apps (remember those?)

If you're somehow not ready to expel the LSAT from your life completely, and want to geek out with us on Wednesday night, we're reviewing the Oct LSAT live online. It's a free workshop.

twentie4hrs

Re: Congrats! Review the Oct. LSAT...

Postby twentie4hrs » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:18 pm

i got a 1633 on the lsat :( and I have a 3.75 gpa...any chance of any law school....really wanted to go to Memphis
Last edited by twentie4hrs on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d0nk

Postby d0nk » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:36 pm

is the oct lsat definitely being published as PrepTest #64? Haven't seen any confirmation of this

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:39 pm

d0nk wrote:is the oct lsat definitely being published as PrepTest #64? Haven't seen any confirmation of this

Yes - it will be called PT64. That's how LSAC referred to it when releasing it to licensees.

d0nk

Postby d0nk » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:45 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:Best of luck with your apps (remember those?)

If you're somehow not ready to expel the LSAT from your life completely, and want to geek out with us on Wednesday night, we're reviewing the Oct LSAT live online. It's a free workshop.

you should make the video available for download after you finish - this would allow those of us who did not take the Oct Lsat and wish to use it as a preptest before learning specific Qs from it.

d0nk

Postby d0nk » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:45 pm

funstuff

Postby funstuff » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:48 pm

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:58 pm

twentie4hrs wrote:i got a 143 on the lsat :( and I have a 3.75 gpa...any chance of any law school....really wanted to go to Memphis

I know you want to jump right in, but no law school worth your time and $$$ will accept you with that LSAT. A 3.75 GPA is great though!!!

May I ask what kinds of study you did before the test? Have you taken an LSAT course? I know that LSAT courses are really good for people scoring below 150. If you have, I recommend the Logic Games Bible from Powerscore and the Manhattan LR Book.

Taking a course or doing those 2 books will help your score tremendously.

Your current LSAT has you at denied from ALL the top 100 law schools. If you can get up to 160, you could crack the top 30, but definitely be in a tier 1 school. Don't waste your time and $$$ on a law school that's not going to give you good job prospects.

twentie4hrs

Postby twentie4hrs » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:29 pm

noleknight16 wrote:
twentie4hrs wrote:i got a 143 on the lsat :( and I have a 3.75 gpa...any chance of any law school....really wanted to go to Memphis

I know you want to jump right in, but no law school worth your time and $$$ will accept you with that LSAT. A 3.75 GPA is great though!!!

May I ask what kinds of study you did before the test? Have you taken an LSAT course? I know that LSAT courses are really good for people scoring below 150. If you have, I recommend the Logic Games Bible from Powerscore and the Manhattan LR Book.

Your current LSAT has you at denied from ALL the top 100 law schools. If you can get up to 160, you could crack the top 30, but definitely be in a tier 1 school. Don't waste your time and $$$ on a law school that's not going to give you good job prospects.

I just really wanna go to university of Memphis...you think any chance?...i have family there

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:42 pm

twentie4hrs wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:

I just really wanna go to university of Memphis...you think any chance?...i have family there

No, you would likely be denied at Memphis as well. In order to ensure acceptance to Memphis, you need around a 152 with your GPA. You should aim for Tennessee or Vanderbilt if you wish to stay near family. I cannot recommend Memphis to you because it's simply just not that good of a law school.

twentie4hrs

Postby twentie4hrs » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:55 pm

noleknight16 wrote:
twentie4hrs wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:

No, you would likely be denied at Memphis as well. In order to ensure acceptance to Memphis, you need around a 152 with your GPA. You should aim for Tennessee or Vanderbilt if you wish to stay near family. I cannot recommend Memphis to you because it's simply just not that good of a law school.

I just want to paper that says I'm a lawyer..i don't want to practice...what do you think I would need to do to get into Memphis....TN and vanderbilt are allot harder to get into aren't they?

Maye

Postby Maye » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:05 pm

twentie4hrs wrote:I just want to paper that says I'm a lawyer..i don't want to practice...what do you think I would need to do to get into Memphis....TN and vanderbilt are allot harder to get into aren't they?

Why do you want a paper that says you're a lawyer if you don't actually want to practice? What's the point? You'd just be wasting 3 years and a lot of money.

d0nk

Postby d0nk » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:06 pm

perhaps a better option for you is to skip law school altogether and just work on passing the Coors Light Bar Exam.

twentie4hrs

Postby twentie4hrs » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:14 pm

d0nk wrote:perhaps a better option for you is to skip law school altogether and just work on passing the Coors Light Bar Exam.

ok....thats what i will do...how about some helpful insights?

paul34

Postby paul34 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:16 pm

twentie4hrs wrote:I just want to paper that says I'm a lawyer..i don't want to practice...what do you think I would need to do to get into Memphis....TN and vanderbilt are allot harder to get into aren't they?

Don't forget the state bar.

Is there a specific career you're targeting with this approach? IMO it sounds like you need to take a step back and review what you actually want to do.

twentie4hrs

Postby twentie4hrs » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:38 pm

paul34 wrote:

Is there a specific career you're targeting with this approach? IMO it sounds like you need to take a step back and review what you actually want to do.

not really ..i think it will help me in my current career

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:48 pm

You need a 152 to have the chances in your favor for Memphis.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:13 pm

d0nk wrote:

you should make the video available for download after you finish - this would allow those of us who did not take the Oct Lsat and wish to use it as a preptest before learning specific Qs from it.

Sorry, we can't make the recording available to everyone for LSAC copyright reasons, but we do put it up online for our class students and the folks who buy our class recordings.

jasonxu89

Postby jasonxu89 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:02 am

Hello Noah, good to see you here!

I scored 6 points higher than my June test after the course with Manhattan (now 168). Thanks so muchhhhhhhhh!

achewood

Postby achewood » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:22 am

twentie4hrs wrote:
paul34 wrote:

whats your current career?
because a J.D. only helps you become a lawyer unless you're playing one in the films (still not very helpful)

odoylerulez

Postby odoylerulez » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:49 am

achewood wrote:
twentie4hrs wrote:
paul34 wrote:

whats your current career?
because a J.D. only helps you become a lawyer unless you're playing one in the films (still not very helpful)

Not really true. Having a J.D. is a fast-track to many government positions as well, particularly in the FBI. Most of these government positions don't pay nearly as well as a lot of decent law-firm jobs, though.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:15 am

jasonxu89 wrote:

Hello Noah, good to see you here!

I scored 6 points higher than my June test after the course with Manhattan (now 168). Thanks so muchhhhhhhhh!

Woo-hoo! (again :) )

twentie4hrs

Postby twentie4hrs » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:51 am

where can I find help for my personal statement?

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:59 am

There's another forum on TLS for that. http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=18

There's paid consultants too - pm if you want some names.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:22 am

Thanks to everyone who came out last night - great participation, great class.

Good luck to all the re-takers and to all the folks who came who aren't studying anymore, you are a true fellow geek.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”