How much of a disadvantage if applying early January?

mikeylikesit

How much of a disadvantage if applying early January?

Postby mikeylikesit » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:11 pm

I know that applying early is best, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows just how much of a disadvantage it is to wait and apply with a December LSAT score. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kabuo

Re: How much of a disadvantage if applying early January?

Postby Kabuo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:13 pm

etymology

Postby etymology » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:23 pm

That link doesn't show much different between the October score submissions and the Dec ones.

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:13 pm

etymology wrote:That link doesn't show much different between the October score submissions and the Dec ones.

If you read closely, you'll see that all of the apps were on hold from December until March. So it was effectively a March submission. You could argue it was more like a January one since they were on the top of the pile as soon as the score came out in early March. Or you could say that's pretty off, which is what I would think. In any case, it's a good data point about the dangers of late apps in general.

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:19 pm

Kabuo wrote:
etymology wrote:That link doesn't show much different between the October score submissions and the Dec ones.

If you read closely, you'll see that all of the apps were on hold from December until March. So it was effectively a March submission. You could argue it was more like a January one since they were on the top of the pile as soon as the score came out in early March. Or you could say that's pretty off, which is what I would think. In any case, it's a good data point about the dangers of late apps in general.

Yeah, his listed LSAT was what he got from the February LSAT, so he had to wait till March to even have them review it.

etymology

Postby etymology » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:35 am

noleknight16 wrote:
Kabuo wrote:

Yeah, his listed LSAT was what he got from the February LSAT, so he had to wait till March to even have them review it.

But the OP asked about applying with a December LSAT...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”