October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

Postby sdphill » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:27 pm

Got mine a few minutes ago

Link to 10/2011 Conversion Table:

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

Postby Jeffort » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:45 pm

Thank god! (assuming this is real. The pdf looks authentic)

User avatar
LSAT Blog
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:47 pm

It's real.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

Postby kaiser » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:50 pm

Definitely real. Confirmed from clients of mine who accessed their scores.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

Postby Jeffort » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:52 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:It's real.


Good. I guess my typo in another thread where I said 2 p.m. PST instead of 11 a.m. by accident was pretty close!

I hope everyone that put in the time and quality study work gets results they are happy with. Image

Image

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

Postby lakers3peat » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:56 pm

hey where are mine?! -12 curve. i think thats good?

User avatar
LSAT Blog
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:57 pm

It's actually -13, and that's fairly generous, considering that the norm in recent years has been around -10.

ziegltic
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

Postby ziegltic » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:58 pm

That is a monster curve...

User avatar
Nestico87
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

Postby Nestico87 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:00 pm

Are the scores not all released at the same time? If I have not yet received an email with my results, should I be concerned?

User avatar
LSAT Blog
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:01 pm

LSAC releases them bit by bit over the course of the evening. Many people haven't received their scores yet.

User avatar
Nestico87
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

Postby Nestico87 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:03 pm

Thank you. (Your blog really helped me out, by the way. So thanks for that, too.)

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

Postby Jeffort » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:17 pm

Nestico87 wrote:Are the scores not all released at the same time? If I have not yet received an email with my results, should I be concerned?


It takes several hours for all the emails to be sent. Due to computer stuff and internet bandwidth and other technical stuff they send them out in batches and update students accounts with the disclosure pdfs in batches as fast as the computers and IT guys can do it.

Don't stress if you don't get the score email or if nothing shows up in your LSAC account right away. Sometimes some people don't end up getting the email until late at night or the next day due to various reasons (coffee and smoke breaks, the pizza delivery guy arrives, the servers need a rest so they don't overheat, a server fries, etc.)

As long as there is not a hold placed on your account for some reason, you'll get it soon.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:27 pm

Jeffort wrote:
Nestico87 wrote:Are the scores not all released at the same time? If I have not yet received an email with my results, should I be concerned?


It takes several hours for all the emails to be sent. Due to computer stuff and internet bandwidth and other technical stuff they send them out in batches and update students accounts with the disclosure pdfs in batches as fast as the computers and IT guys can do it.

Don't stress if you don't get the score email or if nothing shows up in your LSAC account right away. Sometimes some people don't end up getting the email until late at night or the next day due to various reasons (coffee and smoke breaks, the pizza delivery guy arrives, the servers need a rest so they don't overheat, a server fries, etc.)

As long as there is not a hold placed on your account for some reason, you'll get it soon.


How do we know if there is a hold on our account? Would we know by now?

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

Postby Jeffort » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:38 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
Jeffort wrote:
Nestico87 wrote:Are the scores not all released at the same time? If I have not yet received an email with my results, should I be concerned?


It takes several hours for all the emails to be sent. Due to computer stuff and internet bandwidth and other technical stuff they send them out in batches and update students accounts with the disclosure pdfs in batches as fast as the computers and IT guys can do it.

Don't stress if you don't get the score email or if nothing shows up in your LSAC account right away. Sometimes some people don't end up getting the email until late at night or the next day due to various reasons (coffee and smoke breaks, the pizza delivery guy arrives, the servers need a rest so they don't overheat, a server fries, etc.)

As long as there is not a hold placed on your account for some reason, you'll get it soon.


How do we know if there is a hold on our account? Would we know by now?



It would say it somewhere in the candidate services options, most likely in the area where your registration info and LSAT history/reported scores + the files are located. You would also have been sent an email if they put a hold on your account. If you filed a test center complaint, that would put a hold on your account. If you applied for a fee waiver and that didn't go through or is pending on something, that can hold it up.

If you don't have any irregularities, weren't written up or warned for being bad by a proctor, there wasn't some major problem at your test center, paid the fees, filled out your answer sheet properly and handed it back in, you'll get your score soon. Just have to be patient while the IT dudes, computers and tubes of the internet pump the data out.

User avatar
LSAT Blog
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Nestico87 wrote:Thank you. (Your blog really helped me out, by the way. So thanks for that, too.)


So glad to hear the blog helped you - let me know how you end up doing!

ahnhub
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: October 2011 LSAT Score are Out

Postby ahnhub » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:42 am

Hey would someone mind posting the conversion of scaled score to "percentage of test takers at/below?" I was just curious to compare the October table to June's.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, blackmamba8, connordalto, dontsaywhatyoumean, jen203, Tazewell and 12 guests