Can I see a cancelled score?

Ronburgandy2468
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:49 am

Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby Ronburgandy2468 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:03 pm

If you cancel your scores, do you get to see your scores?

Well, currently my situation is that my scores are "temporarily on hold"
LSAC gave me a 2 week period to decide if I want to cancel or not. (I had an awful test center).
So, my second question would be, if I would be able to see my scores then cancel it (unrealistic but one can hope- although I honestly wouldn't want to keep it anyways)?

Anyone with similar experience, your input would be appreciated.

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby emkay625 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 pm

Ronburgandy2468 wrote:If you cancel your scores, do you get to see your scores?

Well, currently my situation is that my scores are "temporarily on hold"
LSAC gave me a 2 week period to decide if I want to cancel or not. (I had an awful test center).
So, my second question would be, if I would be able to see my scores then cancel it (unrealistic but one can hope- although I honestly wouldn't want to keep it anyways)?

Anyone with similar experience, your input would be appreciated.


No - you cannot see a cancelled score and cannot see your score and then cancel.

Ronburgandy2468
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:49 am

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby Ronburgandy2468 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:17 pm

emkay625 wrote:
Ronburgandy2468 wrote:If you cancel your scores, do you get to see your scores?

Well, currently my situation is that my scores are "temporarily on hold"
LSAC gave me a 2 week period to decide if I want to cancel or not. (I had an awful test center).
So, my second question would be, if I would be able to see my scores then cancel it (unrealistic but one can hope- although I honestly wouldn't want to keep it anyways)?

Anyone with similar experience, your input would be appreciated.


No - you cannot see a cancelled score and cannot see your score and then cancel.



Really? what did I pay the 100+$ in testing for?
Do I at least get to have the copy of the test, or are they going to deprive me of that too?

User avatar
happyshapy
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:41 pm

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby happyshapy » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Ronburgandy2468 wrote:
emkay625 wrote:
Ronburgandy2468 wrote:If you cancel your scores, do you get to see your scores?

Well, currently my situation is that my scores are "temporarily on hold"
LSAC gave me a 2 week period to decide if I want to cancel or not. (I had an awful test center).
So, my second question would be, if I would be able to see my scores then cancel it (unrealistic but one can hope- although I honestly wouldn't want to keep it anyways)?

Anyone with similar experience, your input would be appreciated.


No - you cannot see a cancelled score and cannot see your score and then cancel.



Really? what did I pay the 100+$ in testing for?
Do I at least get to have the copy of the test, or are they going to deprive me of that too?


you will get a free copy of the test. but that is it.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby birdlaw117 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:30 pm

Ronburgandy2468 wrote:
emkay625 wrote:
Ronburgandy2468 wrote:If you cancel your scores, do you get to see your scores?

Well, currently my situation is that my scores are "temporarily on hold"
LSAC gave me a 2 week period to decide if I want to cancel or not. (I had an awful test center).
So, my second question would be, if I would be able to see my scores then cancel it (unrealistic but one can hope- although I honestly wouldn't want to keep it anyways)?

Anyone with similar experience, your input would be appreciated.


No - you cannot see a cancelled score and cannot see your score and then cancel.



Really? what did I pay the 100+$ in testing for?
Do I at least get to have the copy of the test, or are they going to deprive me of that too?

You paid for the opportunity to take the test, just like everyone else. Considering they had to do extra work by eliminating your score, you should be happy they don't charge you extra to cancel.

jessie
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:13 am

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby jessie » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Ronburgandy2468 wrote:If you cancel your scores, do you get to see your scores?

Well, currently my situation is that my scores are "temporarily on hold"
LSAC gave me a 2 week period to decide if I want to cancel or not. (I had an awful test center).
So, my second question would be, if I would be able to see my scores then cancel it (unrealistic but one can hope- although I honestly wouldn't want to keep it anyways)?

Anyone with similar experience, your input would be appreciated.


Just out of curiosity. What was wrong with the test center?

Ronburgandy2468
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:49 am

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby Ronburgandy2468 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:37 pm

jessie wrote:
Ronburgandy2468 wrote:If you cancel your scores, do you get to see your scores?

Well, currently my situation is that my scores are "temporarily on hold"
LSAC gave me a 2 week period to decide if I want to cancel or not. (I had an awful test center).
So, my second question would be, if I would be able to see my scores then cancel it (unrealistic but one can hope- although I honestly wouldn't want to keep it anyways)?

Anyone with similar experience, your input would be appreciated.


Just out of curiosity. What was wrong with the test center?


There was a soccer game going on.
Great, right?
In addition, proctor started the time with hardly a warning (a newbie).

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Usually those who cancel scores are without knowledge of the actual score, but that may depend upon the particular service representative that you get if cancelling by phone. If you cancel over the internet during the normal cancellation period, then the score is not revealed.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby Jeffort » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:41 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Usually those who cancel scores are without knowledge of the actual score, but that may depend upon the particular service representative that you get if cancelling by phone. If you cancel over the internet during the normal cancellation period, then the score is not revealed.


This is incorrect. You cannot cancel verbally over the phone, all cancellation requests must be submitted in writing with a signature. The phone representatives do not have access to/ability to see scores before they have been reported/released to the candidate. Once a score has been reported there is no turning back, it stays on your CAS report no matter what, except if handscoring is requested and determines there was an error in scoring the answer sheet.
Last edited by Jeffort on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:46 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
Ronburgandy2468 wrote:
emkay625 wrote:
Ronburgandy2468 wrote:If you cancel your scores, do you get to see your scores?

Well, currently my situation is that my scores are "temporarily on hold"
LSAC gave me a 2 week period to decide if I want to cancel or not. (I had an awful test center).
So, my second question would be, if I would be able to see my scores then cancel it (unrealistic but one can hope- although I honestly wouldn't want to keep it anyways)?

Anyone with similar experience, your input would be appreciated.


No - you cannot see a cancelled score and cannot see your score and then cancel.



Really? what did I pay the 100+$ in testing for?
Do I at least get to have the copy of the test, or are they going to deprive me of that too?

You paid for the opportunity to take the test, just like everyone else. Considering they had to do extra work by eliminating your score, you should be happy they don't charge you extra to cancel.

This is a dumb post, but yeah. It's not LSAC's fault that the environment was of poor quality

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:56 pm

RC FAIL

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby Jeffort » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:RC FAIL



Yeah, especially since LSAC typically offers students a free re-take along with the option to cancel when a legitimate facility problems complaint is filed. I suppose they may withhold the free re-take offer when the complaint is just lame whining that wastes their time. Unless people were playing the soccer game in the halls of the test center, the complaint is one of those 'find somebody to blame, it can't be my fault I did poorly, it's so unfair' ones.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Jeffort, the formal procedure for cancelling a score may be in writing, but you can certainly speak with CSR's & ask questions. I know of more than one instance in which a CSR revealed a score that a test-taker wanted to & ultimately did cancel. These were standardized tests for college admissions, not the LSAT. But, until you try, don't be certain that you cannot find out a score before canceling. The LSAT may differ, however, if during the cancellation period scores are not yet tabulated or if tabulated but unavailable to the LSAC service reps. I simply don't know the LSAC's internal procedures, but I know for certain that it has been revealed with other major standardized tests even though the policy states otherwise.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby 03121202698008 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:22 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Jeffort, the formal procedure for cancelling a score may be in writing, but you can certainly speak with CSR's & ask questions. I know of more than one instance in which a CSR revealed a score that a test-taker wanted to & ultimately did cancel. These were standardized tests for college admissions, not the LSAT. But, until you try, don't be certain that you cannot find out a score before canceling. The LSAT may differ, however, if during the cancellation period scores are not yet tabulated or if tabulated but unavailable to the LSAC service reps. I simply don't know the LSAC's internal procedures, but I know for certain that it has been revealed with other major standardized tests even though the policy states otherwise.


FWIW, my LSAT got lost in the mail so my score was delayed. When it finally showed up, my applications released but the score didn't show. I could look at it on the sent PDF though. When I called, even the supervisor couldn't access my score because it wasn't in their database. They claimed it didn't go in until it had been released. There is a wall in place. No idea why they'd lie. They spent nearly an hour trying to find a way to verify my reported score was really correct. Incidentally, my score never released until the next years administration in that same month.

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby suspicious android » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:01 am

This thread got weird all of the sudden.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:09 am

blowhard wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:Jeffort, the formal procedure for cancelling a score may be in writing, but you can certainly speak with CSR's & ask questions. I know of more than one instance in which a CSR revealed a score that a test-taker wanted to & ultimately did cancel. These were standardized tests for college admissions, not the LSAT. But, until you try, don't be certain that you cannot find out a score before canceling. The LSAT may differ, however, if during the cancellation period scores are not yet tabulated or if tabulated but unavailable to the LSAC service reps. I simply don't know the LSAC's internal procedures, but I know for certain that it has been revealed with other major standardized tests even though the policy states otherwise.


FWIW, my LSAT got lost in the mail so my score was delayed. When it finally showed up, my applications released but the score didn't show. I could look at it on the sent PDF though. When I called, even the supervisor couldn't access my score because it wasn't in their database. They claimed it didn't go in until it had been released. There is a wall in place. No idea why they'd lie. They spent nearly an hour trying to find a way to verify my reported score was really correct. Incidentally, my score never released until the next years administration in that same month.

No man, CanadianWolf has a good point. Even though LSAC is unequivocally explicit about not letting you see a score that you've canceled or cancel a score that you've seen, and he admits that he's never once heard of anyone getting around this policy, it's totally legitimate to give this poster false hope.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby Jeffort » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:39 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
blowhard wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:Jeffort, the formal procedure for cancelling a score may be in writing, but you can certainly speak with CSR's & ask questions. I know of more than one instance in which a CSR revealed a score that a test-taker wanted to & ultimately did cancel. These were standardized tests for college admissions, not the LSAT. But, until you try, don't be certain that you cannot find out a score before canceling. The LSAT may differ, however, if during the cancellation period scores are not yet tabulated or if tabulated but unavailable to the LSAC service reps. I simply don't know the LSAC's internal procedures, but I know for certain that it has been revealed with other major standardized tests even though the policy states otherwise.


FWIW, my LSAT got lost in the mail so my score was delayed. When it finally showed up, my applications released but the score didn't show. I could look at it on the sent PDF though. When I called, even the supervisor couldn't access my score because it wasn't in their database. They claimed it didn't go in until it had been released. There is a wall in place. No idea why they'd lie. They spent nearly an hour trying to find a way to verify my reported score was really correct. Incidentally, my score never released until the next years administration in that same month.



No man, CanadianWolf has a good point. Even though LSAC is unequivocally explicit about not letting you see a score that you've canceled or cancel a score that you've seen, and he admits that he's never once heard of anyone getting around this policy, it's totally legitimate to give this poster false hope.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This gave me good lulz. :lol:

Mr. CanadianWolf, you are most likely talking about ETS and the SAT. Imputing their organizational behavior and mistakes onto how LSAC might respond is a big mistake. LSAC has their $hit together pretty well and runs a tight ship to insure the fairness, integrity and accuracy of the testing and application process in all aspects, unlike ETS. When it comes to test integrity and security and other things, ETS is a bunch of foolish keystone cops in comparison to LSAC.

In one of the recent SAT cheating scandals ETS didn't even put a mark or notation they had even taken the test on the reports of a bunch of students that were caught cheating red handed and instead just deleted the scores and let the students take it again. Colleges those students apply to will have no idea they are admitting cheaters.

The LSAT is described as a high stakes test for good reason and LSAC takes the responsibility of protecting its integrity very seriously with all sorts of protections and protocols. Getting into college to have 4+ years of fun and partying while trying to figure out what to do with your life is one thing, getting a graduate degree in law to enter a profession doing things that involve very serious issues, strict rules and ethics is a totally different game that expects and requires higher levels of responsibility from all people involved.

.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:56 am

The other testing services are just as adament about non-disclosure of cancelled scores. I am sharing experience with other standardized tests, not with the LSAT.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Can I see a cancelled score?

Postby Jeffort » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:04 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:The other testing services are just as adament about non-disclosure of cancelled scores. I am sharing experience with other standardized tests, not with the LSAT.


You said that already and that is what makes your input to the OP in his current 'score on hold' situation about trying to get a phone CSR rep to break the rules irrelevant and absurd. Unlike ETS and other college entrance exam organizations, LSAC actually treats the written rules and policies as law, not as guidelines that can sometimes be circumvented if you sweet talk a CSR rep into doing a favor by ignoring/breaking the rules/policies in ways it occurred in the instances you described.

It will not happen with LSAC and the LSAT, you cannot and will not get lucky like that no matter how much you flatter a CSR rep or even if you send flowers and gifts and a marriage proposal.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cocotruffles, Lahtso Nuggin, proteinshake and 5 guests