LSAT terrible cold score

Chief Littlebighead

Re: LSAT terrible cold score

Postby Chief Littlebighead » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:06 am

Also thought this title said something about an LSAT cold sore. Funny how the human brain reads what it wants to read. Anyway, about your cold diagnostic sore, please don't let it keep you from pursuing your goal of being an attorney. You probably know by reading this site that the LSAT is a test that you can do well on if you put in the effort. It is by no means a raw intelligence test, as it evaluates your ability in a narrow selection of skills. What you have to focus on is improving the skills being tested.

For example, let's say I want to become highly proficient in playing Super Mario Kart. Now, let's assume that I've played some Super Nintendo games before, but had never touched this particular game. Unless I had prior familiarity with the skills necessary to start off playing well, I would most likely end up in last place. However, after untold laps around the Donut Plains, Ghost Valley, and Choco Island, I would gradually start to see my performance improve. By also sampling from the different racers, like Yoshi, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Mario (Powerscore, Mahattan, Velocity, etc.), I would find the one that worked best for my personal style. Now that I've spent some time with the game, I should be able to tackle the Rainbow Road with no problem.

I think it really just comes down to how much you want it. The grim reality is that for most people, studying for the LSAT isn't as fun as playing Super Mario Kart, and therefore they don't spend as much time with it. I'm sure that if you hang in there you will see your score improve once you make those laps around Vanilla Lake.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”