My LSAT Study Guide, feedback please!

misslaw1

My LSAT Study Guide, feedback please!

Postby misslaw1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:50 pm

So after a lot of research on these boards and other places, I have put together a tentative study guide for the LSAT. I am taking the June 2012 exam so I am giving myself 7 months starting in November. I want to write it out to get some feedback from people. What should I add, take out, etc? Is it balanced enough?

I will be studying around 4 hours a day, 6 days a week. The books I will be using are:

The Official LSAT Superprep
Powerscore LG, LR, and RC bibles.
All 3 of '10 More LSAT'
10 most recent preptests
Cambridge LSAT LG by type

Logic Games:
-Read LG bible cover to cover, doing all practice problems. Any questions I do not understand I will come on TLS or other resources to get explanations.
-Read through written portion of Superprep.
-Do LG problems by type from Cambridge LSAT LG by type. Make photocopies of all problems.
-Do 3 new games daily and 3 repetitions daily.

Logical Reasoning (pithypike's strategy):
-Read through LR Bible.
-Do the appropriate LRB section and then work through the corresponding chapter in Superprep. Review the LRB section thoroughly the first time, and then read the summary of points and strategies at the start of the question set to refresh myself. Do up to 10 problems at each sitting and monitor which question types give the most trouble.
-Review those questions heavily. Cut out particularly troublesome questions for later review. Write out explanations for question types I struggled with.

Reading Comprehension:
-Read RC bible.
-Do as many as possible.
-Develop a system of marking passages.
-Complete all 10 RC sections from first '10 LSAT Test' book.

Months 1-3: I have this planned out to focus solely on LG the first month, LR the second month, and RC the third month. During this time, I will take one timed practice test a week. I will get through each powerscore bible in their respective months.

Months 4 and 5: I will split them up between LG, LR, and RC doing questions from each and revising and looking over my mistakes. I will take 2 timed tests a week.

Months 6: I will focus on perfecting anything that is giving me trouble, dissecting questions from all three sections. Continue taking 2 timed tests a week.

Month 7: Take the 9 of the 14 most recent preptests in the first three weeks (3 a week) Take one test a day for the final week. Go over any problem that I get wrong and figure out why I got them wrong, explanations, etc.

I know this post was long but PLEASE give me feedback! Any suggestions are very welcomed! Thank you so much.
Last edited by misslaw1 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thelawschoolproject

Re: My LSAT Study Guide, feedback please!

Postby thelawschoolproject » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:05 pm

If I've learned anything from studying from the LSAT it's that my study-plan changed constantly. It looks like you're doing all of the right things, just be flexible. Make sure that you're practicing/drilling the things that YOU need to improve upon. Not everyone will struggle on every section, and therefore, you'd only be wasting your time studying those parts for large portions of time. The most important thing to do is to take as many real LSAT preptests as you can, and be sure to do them under the real time constraints. Also, make sure you're reviewing the answers you got wrong and the answers you were unsure of. And, review them until you 100% understand why the correct answer was correct.

Best of luck!

misslaw1

Postby misslaw1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:06 pm

@thelawschoolproject thank you very much for your suggestions!

osu888

Postby osu888 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:07 pm

180'd!!!

Im ni seasoned vet but I can't see you going wrong with that prep...from everything I've gathered lurking these boards, just don't BURN yourself out in the process

misslaw1

Postby misslaw1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:18 pm

@osu888 thanks! yea i will take a couple days off before the test to rest and to let everything sit.

glucose101

Postby glucose101 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:05 pm

I second everything thelawschoolproject said. BE FLEXIBLE. My schedule changed a million times. And above all, don't get stressed about anything--I think that's the only way to secure a high score.

misslaw1

Postby misslaw1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:40 pm

@glucose thanks for the advice. i think i will treat this more like just a guide and less like a strict schedule.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”