Where Can My LSAT Expect to be by December?

Impending1L

Where Can My LSAT Expect to be by December?

Postby Impending1L » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:24 pm

I just took my fourth full length practice test today and it came in at a 161. My first three tests came in at 151, 155, and 157 respectively. I'm -2 to -3 on LG each time and feel pretty comfortable with it. My LR tends to be anywhere from -6 to -8. Is it reasonable to think I can be at or above 170 by the Dec 3rd test?

xChiTowNx

Re: Where Can My LSAT Expect to be by December?

Postby xChiTowNx » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:42 pm

What's your RC like? Don't neglect that part of the test as well

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Impossible to tell. That's like somebody asking what their 40 time will be after saying they ran a 4.8 - who knows. Depends on how hard you work, how much time you have to practice, how good your instruction (self- or otherwise), and how high your ceiling is. People have made similarly large gains though in similar timeframes, though.

Impending1L

Postby Impending1L » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:50 pm

RC tends to be about -6 to -7. I know I haven't peaked with LR because when I go over my answers, I find that if I get a question wrong, the right answer is usually my second choice after narrowing the answers down. My biggest issue right now are the time-consuming questions like parallel reasoning, principle, etc. I spent a lot of time improving on LG and now I'm hitting that almost perfectly every time so I'd like to think I can get each of the other sections down to at least -3 to -4.

180asBreath

Postby 180asBreath » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:53 pm

Impending, it can be whatever score you want it to be; you just have to ask yourself what score you want and what you are willing to do to get it.

For my answers, my name should be somewhat revealing. As for the second part, I have stopped watching television.

Trust me when I say that the answer to the question in the thread title can only be answered by you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”