Starting my LSAT prep and pretty excited about it

Triveal

Starting my LSAT prep and pretty excited about it

Postby Triveal » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:13 pm

I took a diagnostic three weeks back (free test from Kaplan) and scored a 154. Went through the PS bibles in two and a half weeks, and took a practice test (PT 7) yesterday. Though I did take an unusually large break in the middle, I scored a 172. Lowered my LR from -10 per section to -3, and LG from -11 to -3. I'll admit this huge a jump could be a fluke, however.

In the last three weeks I've been really looking forward to prepping. I'm actually enjoying it. I can't understand why, but it's a nice feeling. What's even better is that I still have half a year until I sit for the test (June 2012) so I still have tons of time to improve as much as possible. Though I don't actually expect it to happen, my aim is a 180.

Just thought I'd give an update since TLS sparked my interest and provided me with a ton of information in the last month or two. Cheers!
Last edited by Triveal on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lulzalicious

Re: Starting my LSAT prep and pretty excited about it

Postby lulzalicious » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:17 pm

That is fucking awesome. Just keep it up and prep, prep, prep :) NO overconfidence. GL with the rest of it!

Seneca

Postby Seneca » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:21 pm

Congrats! While, as you said, that jump may yet be a bit of an anomaly at this stage in the game - you may fluctuate a little bit, then deviate to a norm or curve of improvement over time - it is extremely encouraging. In my experience, my study partners and myself seem to have retained significant improvements in LG, especially, fairly quickly, and picking up around ten questions like that is certainly going to reflect a significant boost in overall score. It's not unusual to enjoy LSAT prep, and it makes sitting down to study easier. Kudos to you for planning so far ahead, but don't be afraid to take some breaks to avoid burn out. Good luck!

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:17 pm

Nice job! Keep up the good work.

As far as the 180 goal goes, it's a great goal. However, aim to hit a 175+ practice test average the last week or two going in. So much of getting a 180 is luck, or prepping so much that you might as well run a test prep company because you know the test so well. The former is what you should rely on, the latter is going to negatively affect your sanity!

asunshinee

Postby asunshinee » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Triveal wrote:I took a diagnostic three weeks back (free test from Kaplan) and scored a 154. Went through the PS bibles in two and a half weeks, and took a practice test (PT 7) yesterday. Though I did take an unusually large break in the middle, I scored a 172. Lowered my LR from -10 per section to -3, and LG from -11 to -3. I'll admit this huge a jump could be a fluke, however.

In the last three weeks I've been really looking forward to prepping. I'm actually enjoying it. I can't understand why, but it's a nice feeling. What's even better is that I still have half a year until I sit for the test (June 2012) so I still have tons of time to improve as much as possible. Though I don't actually expect it to happen, my aim is a 180.

Just thought I'd give an update since TLS sparked my interest and provided me with a ton of information in the last month or two. Cheers!

Wow..This gives me some serious hope. I did Kaplan originally, and got a 15 point increase. Now I'm looking for a 5 point increase and just got the bibles in the mail. Hopefully I will have similar results!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”