Forgot to fill out a bubble for my name?

Marie34

Forgot to fill out a bubble for my name?

Postby Marie34 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:01 pm

So on the day of the LSAT as the proctor was collecting the answer sheets, I noticed at the last minute the last bubble for my first name was not filled in. I asked if I could have it back to fill in my name, and she pretty much just gave me the death stare and walked away. Now I know it's really not that big of a deal at all, but I was wondering if this could at all affect me getting my score back on time?

minnbills

Re: Forgot to fill out a bubble for my name?

Postby minnbills » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:02 pm

It might take them a little longer. Did you put in your ssn?

paul34

Postby paul34 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:19 pm

they have your account number and SSN on the sheet too so I think you're ok. I am assuming, of course, that they would delay in this sort of instance only if important information is missing. As far as stopping things because of a missed bubble, I don't know, but I would think not (especially if you wrote the letter above).

941law

Postby 941law » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:28 pm

call lsac?

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:10 am

That is a trivial mistake that is highly unlikely to create any problems. There are several layers of redundancy built into the answer sheet and test day forms that they process.

I wouldn't stress about it but you can call LSAC if you want. If you do that they might flag your file for investigation of the matter (they actually do provide good and prompt customer service for test takers if you ask them to look into something). However, that could delay the release of your score by several days or more since people might have to dig through all the paperwork and digital files to double check whether or not your answer sheet is processed properly.

If you filled out the rest of the information correctly I doubt there will be a problem.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”