How many days have you gone without studying?

notaznguy

How many days have you gone without studying?

Postby notaznguy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:43 am

I'm so swamped with school work right now that I haven't been able to study any LSAT material since Tuesday. So it's almost been a "week's time."

I'm going to force myself to do at least 2 games and 10 logical reasoning problems tomorrow. I feel if I don't do any of it soon, I'm going to lose it :( I freaking hate school and how it's just a huge obstacle that's preventing me from studying. FML.

lulzalicious

Re: How many days have you gone without studying?

Postby lulzalicious » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:16 pm

notaznguy wrote: I freaking hate school and how it's just a huge obstacle that's preventing me from studying. FML.

^So much about that is funny :D But relaxxx, seriously..I took a week off of studying and it actually helped. I was at the burn-out stage, but when I came back to everything after a little break my mind was able to tackle things fresh, absorb some new strategies etc...

Either way you have had this 'break'. Make the most of it and when you start your studying again maybe go back and look at some old problems, or ideally try some new stuff. Daves '180 and taking questions' thread has some really good tips if youre just getting back into studying :) Good luck!

gaud

Postby gaud » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:03 pm

^ Solid advice.

notaznguy

Postby notaznguy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:55 pm

Lol! I guess you can say that. But I really need to spend a good amount of time studying. I'm take the test in February and I'm still PTing at a 156-159 range. I'm trying to break into the low 170s or high 160s. I need all the practice I can get.

gaud

Postby gaud » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:19 pm

You have plenty of time to get within that range or even possibly higher.

Also, make sure throughout your studies that you ALWAYS understand why each and every potential answer choice is wrong or right

941law

Postby 941law » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:03 pm

Small piece of advice but I really believe it:

Wake up 10 minutes earlier each morning and do 1 LG or a few LR's. At the very worst you did a little bit that day but you're also conditioning yourself to do the LSAT in the morning. Obviously you should make it a goal to do a few hours at some point later in the day if possible.

KRog

Postby KRog » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:32 am

Took three months off and improved my new PT average (just the later scores) was 4-5 points higher. Relax!

LawSchoolGuru

Postby LawSchoolGuru » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:06 am

KRog wrote:Took three months off and improved my new PT average (just the later scores) was 4-5 points higher. Relax!

Took a year off and my new diagnostic was 171. FTW.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:10 am

~12 days. Hopefully after I get my October score back, I can let the number of days grow indefinitely.

Errzii

Postby Errzii » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:57 am

Everyone is different. Some people score worse after a break, others score better, some score the same more or less. The actual duration of the break matters too. IMO though, unless you're consistently scoring 170+ and are very "familiar" with the test format, you probably shouldn't go more than a week without review/practice/drilling. Personally I've gone a little short of 6 months without touching any LSAT and still score within 2-3 pts of what I was PT'ing before. I also feel like LG suffers the most from lack of practice, probably just because it's not really something you come in contact with outside of the LSAT.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”