Exactly 1 year til LSAT, help please?

Exactly 1 year til LSAT, help please?

Postby desiballa21 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Hey all,

I'm graduating from college in May and plan on taking the October LSAT after graduation. My plan has been to get the Powerscore bibles and slowly and steadily work on those from January until September-ish and then take the Testmasters course and take the LSAT right after that course and hope for the best. What are your thoughts on this strategy? Do you see a better way to prepare for the LSAT? Do you believe there is a better course than Testmasters and better materials than Powerscores to learn from? Thanks in advance! Look forward to posting here a lot more over the next year!

Re: Exactly 1 year til LSAT, help please?

Postby nmare » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:59 pm

With a whole year, I would buy the powerscore LR/LG bibles and hit those until you feel comfortable--whether it be a month or 6 months in. Once you feel confident enough, start hitting practice tests and drill in-between. If you are disciplined enough I would stay away from the courses and save yourself $1000+.

Postby CodyRuegger » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:42 am

^ Agreed.

Study the bibles and take boatloads of practice tests. That's going to get you a higher score than any prep course.

Edit: There's a lot of info in this section of the forums. I'd recommend looking at Pithypike's study guide (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41657) and adapting it to your needs.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 am

Read the bibles for sure but be careful with taking practice tests this early. I don't want to prescribe any study plan without knowing more about you (and my official October score in all honesty) but you can run out of new material quickly if you don't save the most recent tests for a few months before your date. Just my $.02.

Oh, and I'll add that you have to practice mastering individual question techniques untimed before you jump into fully timed practice tests. Consider getting some packets of questions to make sure you understand all of the different ways the LSAT can test you before anything else.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”