Best LR Course/Book/ Video, whatever i need heeeelpppp!

amnesiac84

Best LR Course/Book/ Video, whatever i need heeeelpppp!

Postby amnesiac84 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Hey everyone,
i am having a really, really bad time with LR, i am currently reading the PS bible and manhattan guide and i'm still having such a bad time with these, mostly with flaw!

I was planning purchasing the velocity comprehensive course since i saw the logic games explanations and they were pretty good compared to the PS and Manhattan somewhat.

I just need to be sure this course is the best for LR, i saw PS has a new advanced LR course online for $350 but i don't know if that is better than the Velocity option.

How did you get the hang of LR questions?
Any suggestions would help, this is driving me nuts i just can't get it even if i keep learning more and more theory.

180asBreath

Re: Best LR Course/Book/ Video, whatever i need heeeelpppp!

Postby 180asBreath » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:41 pm

Velocity's RC actually seems to be the most helpful of the 3 areas (LR, RC, LG), imo.

6lehderjets

Postby 6lehderjets » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:05 pm

180asBreath wrote:Velocity's RC actually seems to be the most helpful of the 3 areas (LR, RC, LG), imo.

^Agreed.

LSAT prep material rankings (IMHO):
1) Velocity
2) Powerscore
3) Manhattan

For gettting a hang of LR questions you MUST recognize what a question is asking you meaning you must be able to read a question stem and know exactly what the correct answer will do. Assuming you have taken practice tests already review those P/T's and find out what question types that give the most trouble. Start with focusing on those, drill those as recommended in Velocity/PS. To solidify your understanding Cambridge publishes a book with every LR question from PT 21-40 I would do the appropriate section with your studying. Your focus when you are understanding LR questions should be learning patterns, correct answer characteristics, and wrong answer characteristics NOT on time. Time will come later. Good luck!

josh43299

Postby josh43299 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:33 pm

You need to understand each question type so that when you go you will be able to say "okay, flaw question... okay, must be true" and know exactly what you should be looking for in the stimulus. The LR bible is pretty good, this guy has really good posts about it (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=161914). You need to study each question type in isolation and practice them in isolation, this is why things like the LR bible and courses are so valuable. I used the blueprint online course and I improved on this section. This wasn't my problem section though, but I went from probably and average of -4, to -1 average (I had studied for the LSAT prior to getting the course). I felt like they did a good job of breaking down the whole section into manageable parts and gave an insane amount of practice (you probably do just about every LR question that has ever been given).

tronredo

Postby tronredo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:15 pm

amnesiac84 wrote:Hey everyone,
i am having a really, really bad time with LR, i am currently reading the PS bible and manhattan guide and i'm still having such a bad time with these, mostly with flaw!

I was planning purchasing the velocity comprehensive course since i saw the logic games explanations and they were pretty good compared to the PS and Manhattan somewhat.

I just need to be sure this course is the best for LR, i saw PS has a new advanced LR course online for $350 but i don't know if that is better than the Velocity option.

How did you get the hang of LR questions?
Any suggestions would help, this is driving me nuts i just can't get it even if i keep learning more and more theory.

LR is made easy with powerscore's bible. Trust me

lulzalicious

Postby lulzalicious » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Also, CambridgeLSAT's bundle by question type book would prob be a big help for you. It groups questions by type and difficulty. Immensely helpful for drilling specific types, Im adding it to my arsenal for December re-take :) (Have already used Manhattans LR guide and PS LRB)

Good Luck!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”