Question about unusual LSAT test day speed

senorhosh

Question about unusual LSAT test day speed

Postby senorhosh » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:30 pm

I usually finish LR in 34-35 minutes. RC takes me the FULL 35 minutes (I don't finish sometimes)

However, on the test day, I BLASTED through it.
For LR I finished one in around 28 minutes and the other in 30.
I finished RC in 25 minutes, which i have never done in any PT, even those that I have retaken.
I did have trouble with time one one section though. Couldn't finish 3 questions and had to blind guess..

Now I'm starting to get worried. Everything I did was almost like it was second nature. I don't quite remember the test, I just feel like I "went through it as fast as possible" and at the end I felt like "wow what just happened".

Anyone else experience this? Was your score around your PT average regardless? Or was it much lower (which I expect) or higher?

Curious1

Re: Question about unusual LSAT test day speed

Postby Curious1 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:33 pm

senorhosh wrote:I usually finish LR in 34-35 minutes. RC takes me the FULL 35 minutes (I don't finish sometimes)

However, on the test day, I BLASTED through it.
For LR I finished one in around 28 minutes and the other in 30.
I finished RC in 25 minutes, which i have never done in any PT, even those that I have retaken.
I did have trouble with time one one section though. Couldn't finish 3 questions and had to blind guess..

Now I'm starting to get worried. Everything I did was almost like it was second nature. I don't quite remember the test, I just feel like I "went through it as fast as possible" and at the end I felt like "wow what just happened".

Anyone else experience this? Was your score around your PT average regardless? Or was it much lower (which I expect) or higher?

This kind of happened to me--not quite that I blew through everything, but I did think (the June test) was up there with some of my easier PTs. Still I walked out having no idea how I performed.

So this doesn't have to mean anything. Stop worrying so much and start writing your personal statement!

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Adrenaline does crazy things. It doesn't guarantee your score will be high or low--could go either way.

Last October I finished a LR section with 15 minutes to spare. (Not a typo. I blew through it in 20 minutes.) The other LR and RC were almost as fast: 10 minutes to spare. It turned out ok for me.

calvinlovehobbes

Postby calvinlovehobbes » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:28 pm

i can't figure out LR speed either. there's some sections where i run out of time with 3 questions left and some sections i finish with over 5 minutes to go...

imjustjoking22

Postby imjustjoking22 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:13 pm

I think one of my 175s when PTing I had 10-15 min left on each section, and more than 5 on LG. Seeing as I have scored lower than this many times while taking more time, I wouldn't spend too much time stressing about being faster than usual on test day. Statistically, your immediate answers are highly reliable, unless you were rushing so much you weren't able to fully process Q's and answers. In short, I'm sure you're fine.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”