Only Have Until Tomorrow to Cancel, HELP!

boilermaker11

Only Have Until Tomorrow to Cancel, HELP!

Postby boilermaker11 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:47 am

Hey guys I really need some advice. I took the LSAT last Saturday and I am starting to second guess it. I was PT'ing around 150 and I know I can do better. My score in DEC 2010 was a 144 and I really want to blow that out of the water and score in the high 160's. My GPA is not great, a 3.1. I was originally just going to take the low 150's score that I am expecting to get from my OCT LSAT and ED to IU-Indianapolis. I am from Indy and thought if I worked in Indy all of my life, that would be alright. But i'm looking at Georgetown and the many opportunities it would offer me. If I worked a few years and retook the LSAT I would not be as limited as going to a regional school. I have until tomorrow to cancel my score. What do you think guys? Please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

KMaine

Re: Only Have Until Tomorrow to Cancel, HELP!

Postby KMaine » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:03 am

Do you really have to do just one or the other? You are certainly not getting into a great school with the low 150s score, but you can see what your score is, apply to IU-Indy decide whether or not you want to go there in a few months. If you decide not to go there, just retake after a couple of years of work. By then, your old low scores will be a distant memory. Most schools only consider your highest score anyway.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:05 am

Schools are only going to look at your top score anyway so canceling does you absolutely no benefit right now unless you think you score worse than your first score. If I were you I would just keep it, you never know you might have done much better than you think you did.

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:06 am

IT's TL so I DR. BUT TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CANCEL NOW

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:07 am

Jack Smirks wrote:Schools are only going to look at your top score anyway so canceling does you absolutely no benefit right now unless you think you score worse than your first score. If I were you I would just keep it, you never know you might have done much better than you think you did.

I think a lot of people don't get this, outside maybe top 6, the schools just take tyour top score, because all they really care about is ranking.

Its only hysccn that have so many applicants that they can afford to this.

boilermaker11

Postby boilermaker11 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:32 am

Thanks everyone! I am definitely going to wait and see what I got. I was having a mild freak out and knew I wasn't really seeing all sides. I feel so much better!

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:34 am

boilermaker11 wrote:Thanks everyone! I am definitely going to wait and see what I got. I was having a mild freak out and knew I wasn't really seeing all sides. I feel so much better!

Np!

Everyonce in a while TLS regulars do something besides be assholes :) (just don't get used to it).

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:34 am

boilermaker11 wrote:Hey guys I really need some advice. I took the LSAT last Saturday and I am starting to second guess it. I was PT'ing around 150 and I know I can do better. My score in DEC 2010 was a 144 and I really want to blow that out of the water and score in the high 160's. My GPA is not great, a 3.1. I was originally just going to take the low 150's score that I am expecting to get from my OCT LSAT and ED to IU-Indianapolis. I am from Indy and thought if I worked in Indy all of my life, that would be alright. But i'm looking at Georgetown and the many opportunities it would offer me. If I worked a few years and retook the LSAT I would not be as limited as going to a regional school. I have until tomorrow to cancel my score. What do you think guys? Please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Do this. Don't really need to cancel

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:35 am

No offense but 144-->150'ish, you really need to prep better. A 160 is learnable by almost anyone who puts the effort in. I would maybe try something new since clearly what you've been doing isn't working.

No point in canceling though.

boilermaker11

Postby boilermaker11 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:39 am

Yes I know thats not a big improvement. Lack of $$ really limited my prep the second time and i'm really regretting not getting some help like a tutor or prep course. Something different than trying to teach myself. If I do retake I will definitely consider other options for prep.

mushybrain

Postby mushybrain » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:09 am

Lots of us only do self-prep. A course is certainly not a requirement to improve your score. You may want to reevaluate your study methods before deciding to spend the cash if you have limited resources.

zdamico

Postby zdamico » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:20 am

mushybrain wrote:Lots of us only do self-prep. A course is certainly not a requirement to improve your score. You may want to reevaluate your study methods before deciding to spend the cash if you have limited resources.

+1

Plenty of great resources on this site

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:40 am

zdamico wrote:
mushybrain wrote:Lots of us only do self-prep. A course is certainly not a requirement to improve your score. You may want to reevaluate your study methods before deciding to spend the cash if you have limited resources.

+1

Agree. I self-studied...several hours a day, 6 days a week, for several months. It takes effort (but so does law school). You just have to be willing to put the time in.

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:23 pm

blowhard wrote:
zdamico wrote:

+1

Agree. I self-studied...several hours a day, 6 days a week, for several months. It takes effort (but so does law school). You just have to be willing to put the time in.

self prepped from 148-165. From everyone I've talked to who took a class, they said the classes only benefit you if you can't kick your own butt to study. This is what some people need though. It depends on the person.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”