Powerscore Advanced Logical Reasoning- anyone try? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
NightmanCometh

New

Powerscore Advanced Logical Reasoning- anyone try?

Post by NightmanCometh » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:22 pm

Anyone try out their Advanced Logical Reasoning course?

I just took the October test, but after some thought decided am going to re-take. Have already done various bibles and study guides (PS and Manhattan) as well as real prep tests, so looking to really hone my skills to the next level.

I was PT'ing over 170 consistently before the test, but on the exam I didn't do as well as I would have liked. Obviously the difficult Games section first did not help. But what concerned me more was the fact that I was not nearly as comfortable with the LR as I thought I would be. This added to the disturbing trend that the LR had become a lot harder for me since the mid 50's (I was breezing through PT30-40s). They seem to be a lot less predictable and "neat" (in terms of diagramming conditionals etc).

So I am looking to take my Logical Reasoning to the next level, and was wondering if this new Powerscore class is it. Any other suggestions also appreciated. Thanks!

d0nk

New

Re: Powerscore Advanced Logical Reasoning- anyone try?

Post by d0nk » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:23 pm

i'd also be interested to know if anyone has tried this course.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:32 pm

They just came out with the online LR course about a few weeks ago, so you may not find too many people who've taken it yet. It's an online recorded video course.

juicej

New

Post by juicej » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:04 pm

I took it, it wasn't really all that helpful and I don't think it made my score particularly better - I did improve afterwards but the improvement I think could be attributed to more intense drilling than anything learned from the course. Basically you just go over some individual questions (albeit of the more difficult variety) while applying the methods learned in the LR bible. In fact, a lot of the time in the course is just reviewing what you learned in the LR bible. If you got money to blow the extra clarification might be helpful, but otherwise I think the Manhattan LSAT forum can be just as helpful in many cases or even just breaking down a question on your own.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”