Oct LSAT - Singapore RC-LR-LG-LR-LG, which is experimental? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tracy77

New

Oct LSAT - Singapore RC-LR-LG-LR-LG, which is experimental?

Post by tracy77 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:29 am

I did two LG sections, the first one (before the break) is pretty easy but the second one (after the break) is pretty hard. Someone told me that the Game section in North America containing the "ice cap" question is experimental, but the rest of the questions are not the same in North America and in Asia Pacific. The "ice cap" question for me appears in the second LG section (after the break). But as most people say the last 2 sections are always real.. does anyone have any idea if the last LG section could be experimental for me?

Trequartista

Bronze

Re: Oct LSAT - Singapore RC-LR-LG-LR-LG, which is experimental?

Post by Trequartista » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:39 am

tracy77 wrote:I did two LG sections, the first one (before the break) is pretty easy but the second one (after the break) is pretty hard. Someone told me that the Game section in North America containing the "ice cap" question is experimental, but the rest of the questions are not the same in North America and in Asia Pacific. The "ice cap" question for me appears in the second LG section (after the break). But as most people say the last 2 sections are always real.. does anyone have any idea if the last LG section could be experimental for me?
Are you sure the Ice cap was in the section after the break? For me it was before the break and I found it easy compared to the LG section after the break. Also do you remember anything about the game before the break, the one that was not Ice Cap? Did it have any thing on Visitor Areas/Operating Areas?

tracy77

New

Post by tracy77 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:56 am

Trequartista wrote:
tracy77 wrote:I did two LG sections, the first one (before the break) is pretty easy but the second one (after the break) is pretty hard. Someone told me that the Game section in North America containing the "ice cap" question is experimental, but the rest of the questions are not the same in North America and in Asia Pacific. The "ice cap" question for me appears in the second LG section (after the break). But as most people say the last 2 sections are always real.. does anyone have any idea if the last LG section could be experimental for me?
Are you sure the Ice cap was in the section after the break? For me it was before the break and I found it easy compared to the LG section after the break. Also do you remember anything about the game before the break, the one that was not Ice Cap? Did it have any thing on Visitor Areas/Operating Areas?
yes, the 5th section containing the ice cap is much harder for me. My section of LG before the break is simpler than the 5th. Seems I don't have the visitor/operating areas.. but perhaps I don't remember correctly. Did you take the exam in US? if yes perhaps we have different tests. Btw, then, do you know if your "ice cap" section is real or experimental?

hydeyu

New

Post by hydeyu » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:57 am

I did it in Hong Kong, not sure if it was the same as yours in Singapore, but I had LR-RC-LR-LG-LR, and my LG did not have an "ice cap" game.

Trequartista

Bronze

Post by Trequartista » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:00 am

tracy77 wrote:
Trequartista wrote:
yes, the 5th section containing the ice cap is much harder for me. My section of LG before the break is simpler than the 5th. Seems I don't have the visitor/operating areas.. but perhaps I don't remember correctly. Did you take the exam in US? if yes perhaps we have different tests. Btw, then, do you know if your "ice cap" section is real or experimental?
I did not take the test in the US. I took it in an Asian country like you did. In my test the Ice cap game was before the break so it should be experimental but in your test it was after the break so it should be real? This is very confusing. Can you remember any game from the section you did before the break?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Trequartista

Bronze

Post by Trequartista » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:02 am

hydeyu wrote:
I did it in Hong Kong, not sure if it was the same as yours in Singapore, but I had LR-RC-LR-LG-LR, and my LG did not have an "ice cap" game.
Can you remember any game from your LG section?

tracy77

New

Post by tracy77 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:08 am

Trequartista wrote:
tracy77 wrote:
Trequartista wrote:
I did not take the test in the US. I took it in an Asian country like you did. In my test the Ice cap game was before the break so it should be experimental but in your test it was after the break so it should be real? This is very confusing. Can you remember any game from the section you did before the break?
I'm really confused about that. My "ice cap" is definitely in the 5th section. I can only remember that the 1st Game of the 5th section related to sth like assigning several persons to WXYZ, but can't remember the details.

hydeyu

New

Post by hydeyu » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:10 am

Trequartista wrote:
hydeyu wrote:
Can you remember any game from your LG section?
Really can't remember a thing, sorry, but I believe there was no animal, food or anything as distinctive as "ice cap", just ordinary arrangements of performances, expo or deliveries, things like that.

hydeyu

New

Post by hydeyu » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:15 am

tracy77 wrote:I'm really confused about that. My "ice cap" is definitely in the 5th section. I can only remember that the 1st Game of the 5th section related to sth like assigning several persons to WXYZ, but can't remember the details.
Aha, this WXYZ one I also had in Hong Kong, and I only had one LG. So that's probably also the graded one for other Asian administrations. Just my guess.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Trequartista

Bronze

Post by Trequartista » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:21 am

I think I had this is the fifth section as well, but my ice cap game was in the third section. :lol: Looks like ice cap was experimental :(

This is just weird.

tracy77

New

Post by tracy77 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:28 am

Trequartista wrote:I think I had this is the fifth section as well, but my ice cap game was in the third section. :lol: Looks like ice cap was experimental :(

This is just weird.
Then do you remember if your third section of the LG is actually pretty simple? Much better than the 5th one..? (did i wrongfully remember that the "ice cap" is in the 5th.....@@@)

tracy77

New

Post by tracy77 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:29 am

Aha, this WXYZ one I also had in Hong Kong, and I only had one LG. So that's probably also the graded one for other Asian administrations. Just my guess.[/quote]

bad news indeed.. this is exactly the one i screwed up..

hydeyu

New

Post by hydeyu » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:45 am

tracy77 wrote:bad news indeed.. this is exactly the one i screwed up..
I also found that one the most difficult, skipped 2 questions but later was able to went back to them.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Humtytum

New

Post by Humtytum » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:42 am

Yeah...that game (Game 3 I believe) was tough.

Glad to hear I'm not alone in thinking that.

ionoiforgot

New

Post by ionoiforgot » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:23 am

I took my test in Korea, and had the LG sections 3rd and 5th.

I definitely recall ice-caps and a wine-labeling question being on the 3rd section (the easier section). This experimental was also featured in the States. For the 5th, harder, section, I recall something about an auction where things had to be ordered correctly.

nhara

New

Post by nhara » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:33 am

I was at the Singapore test too, but i think I had the same/similar test as hydeyu. I had LR-RC-LR-LG-LR. I don't remember anything about ice-caps, but the WXYZ one sounds like the one I had.I thought that LG was okay, but the 3rd question messed me up.

elleyo

New

Post by elleyo » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:13 am

I did my exam in Taiwan and had two LG sections as well. Does anyone remember a question in the "harder" LG section (sec 5) about a group of people working some sort of booth (I particularly remember a visitors booth)? Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that that section was a lot harder than LG sections from practise tests!!!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Trequartista

Bronze

Post by Trequartista » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:27 am

elleyo wrote:I did my exam in Taiwan and had two LG sections as well. Does anyone remember a question in the "harder" LG section (sec 5) about a group of people working some sort of booth (I particularly remember a visitors booth)? Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that that section was a lot harder than LG sections from practise tests!!!!!
Yes I had that section. I am sorry but it was the real one. We all wish it wasn't but sadly it was.

yu9ePUsw

New

Post by yu9ePUsw » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:28 pm

So, you guys taking the LSAT in Taiwan, Hong Kong & Singapore. Where do you plan on applying? Are you looking at US Law Schools or NUS or something like that?

hydeyu

New

Post by hydeyu » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:20 am

yu9ePUsw wrote:So, you guys taking the LSAT in Taiwan, Hong Kong & Singapore. Where do you plan on applying? Are you looking at US Law Schools or NUS or something like that?
US

nhara

New

Post by nhara » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:22 am

I took the LSAT in Singapore because I'm studying abroad at NUS. I'm actually American and will be applying to schools in the U.S.

Balthazar

New

Post by Balthazar » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:24 am

ionoiforgot wrote:I took my test in Korea, and had the LG sections 3rd and 5th.

I definitely recall ice-caps and a wine-labeling question being on the 3rd section (the easier section). This experimental was also featured in the States. For the 5th, harder, section, I recall something about an auction where things had to be ordered correctly.
I took it in Hong Kong, I had RC/LR/LG/LR/LG

I had both the expedition ice cap game, and the auction game. I think the ice cap was in my first one, and the auction was in the fifth section. So, I'm guessing the first was the experimental, as its usually first three anyways?

I can't say I'm happy with either, I hit the first game section and didn't pace myself right and had to rush through the last game, so I was relieved to find another LG only to find it harder and I think did just as bad.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”