What can I reasonably expect my score to be

msuz

What can I reasonably expect my score to be

Postby msuz » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Posted this in the waiting thread but theres so much going on there that people probably didnt even see it. Im hoping for peoples opinions on what I can expect my score to be.

All of the LR sections seemed normal to me, even the experimental one, so I am assuming I will get my average for that (around -4, + or - 3). RC was my worst in PTs, but on the real thing I felt great about it. On PTs I would consistently get -10s or -9s, but would never finish the last passage - I did it hear, and am expecting at least a -6 or -5.

LG was my best section in PTs, but I panicked on Saturday. I think I guessed on 3-5 questions, and jumped around on the games alot. My average in PTs for LG was about -3, but on the real thing I am expecting anywhere from -3 to -10.

With the curve on this test, what can I realistically expect my score to be? Im thinking about 158, + or - 4 points?

EDIT: On PTs the week before the test I was averaging about 161

Chambo

Re: What can I reasonably expect my score to be

Postby Chambo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:51 pm

154 to 162 is an awfully large window, but that's the range you would expect if your gut instincts are accurate on this one.

A rule of thumb is that you can pretty safely knock a point or two off of the ends of your range. It's never really as good or as terrible as you think it might be. So a more accurate range might be 156 to 160. Incredibly, your PT average is right in between those two :shock:

But in all seriousness, I've taken many, many PTs and have sat for it twice. Barring a meltdown on test day or an egregious mistake, such as accidentally mis-bubbling an entire section or screwing up a basic game rule (not that I have ever done such silly things :wink: ) it's safe to figure that you're within a few points, either way of what you've been practicing at.

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:55 pm

It's safe to say that your possible range is anywhere from a 120 to a 180.

snestor20

Postby snestor20 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:59 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:It's safe to say that your possible range is anywhere from a 120 to a 180.

If that doesn't break the ice here, I don't know what does.. lol

msuz

Postby msuz » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:23 am

Transferthrowaway wrote:It's safe to say that your possible range is anywhere from a 120 to a 180.

Expected this from people when I posted.

msuz

Postby msuz » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:24 am

Chambo wrote:154 to 162 is an awfully large window, but that's the range you would expect if your gut instincts are accurate on this one.

A rule of thumb is that you can pretty safely knock a point or two off of the ends of your range. It's never really as good or as terrible as you think it might be. So a more accurate range might be 156 to 160. Incredibly, your PT average is right in between those two :shock:

But in all seriousness, I've taken many, many PTs and have sat for it twice. Barring a meltdown on test day or an egregious mistake, such as accidentally mis-bubbling an entire section or screwing up a basic game rule (not that I have ever done such silly things :wink: ) it's safe to figure that you're within a few points, either way of what you've been practicing at.

Thanks for the input. Just want to hear second opinions on what to expect so Im not overly disappointed when the real scores come

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”