Should I cancel?

IronSkadden

Should I cancel?

Postby IronSkadden » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Annnnd here's another "Should I Cancel" post. Thanks for your time and insight:

I have a 3.58 from a top 5 school and a 167 on the June LSAT. I want to go to CCNMVPB and was hoping to score 172+ on Saturday's test (was averaging 172.5 on my PTs). Unfortunately, I, too, was destroyed by the bikes logic game. I devoted around 2 minutes to diagramming/answering the first question, then realized the game called for an insane number of hypos (at least with the diagram/inferences I was using), and moved onto the 4th game.

Ultimately, I was forced to blindly guess on 5 LG questions and 3 LR questions (half page LR questions are time-consuming...).

Should I cancel and retake? I would prefer to wait and see my score, on the off-chance I answered everything else correctly and logged a 170 (or got very, very lucky blindly guessing). I am confident about my RC and LR1 performance, and feel ok about LR2 (except for the 3 questions I didn't finish, obviously).

With my 167, I'm hoping for Cornell/Texas/UCLA/NU (3 years WE under my belt). Will a sub 167 score destroy my chances at these schools? Also, will a sub 167 score destroy my scholarship chances at Brooklyn/BU/William and Mary, etc. ?

Thanks for your opinions!

yu9ePUsw

Re: Should I cancel?

Postby yu9ePUsw » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:51 pm

It sounds like you did eventually finish all the games.
Last edited by yu9ePUsw on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wvu

Postby wvu » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:52 pm

yu9ePUsw wrote:Wait a minute, how many LG sections did you have? I feel like the one you refer too might have been an experimental.

Nope, that was the real one.

IronSkadden

Postby IronSkadden » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Unfortunately, I didn't finish game 3...I had to blindly guess on 5 questions on LG. And 3 on LR2.

What is the effect of your second LSAT being lower? Do you think it looks substantially worse than a cancel? (i.e., will a sub-167 score, maybe as low as 158, seriously impact my chances at Cornell, UCLA, Texas, etc., much more so than a cancel?)

Thanks for the insight.

IronSkadden

Postby IronSkadden » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:31 pm

Gotta bump this. The cancellation deadline fast approaches.

Do you think a low score (158 - 163) after a 167 on the June LSAT will seriously harm my admission chances at my reach schools (Cornell, Texas, NU, UCLA, Vandy), as opposed to a cancellation?

Alternately, do you think an extra two or three points will seriously help my admission chances at MVPB?

Thanks for the insight!

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:45 pm

I doubt you scored in the 150s. Don't cancel but prepare for a retake.

An extra 2-3 points is your only chance for MVP.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”