Odd Results By Section

jrthor10

Odd Results By Section

Postby jrthor10 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

So I think I may have bombed parts of the LG section but done very well on the other parts. Curious as to how many people who have taken the test and managed to get a 172ish by bombing one section (-8 to -10) and going perfect or almost perfect on the rest of the test. And yes, if you're going to ask, this is partly meant to (hopefully) make me feel better after reading too many depressing posts on this forum and trying to figure out over and over again how I actually did.

nblumen

Re: Odd Results By Section

Postby nblumen » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:31 pm

jrthor10 wrote:Hi Everyone,

So I think I may have bombed parts of the LG section but done very well on the other parts. Curious as to how many people who have taken the test and managed to get a 172ish by bombing one section (-8 to -10) and going perfect or almost perfect on the rest of the test. And yes, if you're going to ask, this is partly meant to (hopefully) make me feel better after reading too many depressing posts on this forum and trying to figure out over and over again how I actually did.

Yeah, to be honest, I wouldn't count on that. I mean, I felt really confident with literally every section except for logic games, but honestly, it wasn't worth not canceling my score. If I got -10 on LG, there's still the possibility that, despite how confident I was on every other section, I could have made a careless error here or there. I didn't want to risk getting -1 or -2 on the other sections because of a silly mistake and risk ending up with something like -15 when the curve could be something like -10.

kahechsof

Re: Odd Results By Section

Postby kahechsof » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:35 pm

I was actually PT-ing at average of 171 by doing just that. -5 or 6 on LG, and -2 or so on everything else combined.
I probably should have taken a course or something. Instead I happened to luck out and got -1 on LG in the real thing.

And yes, I was all the people you are making fun of on the "Overheard at the LSAT". And I'm still naively laughing to myself.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”