What does complaining to LSAC about your test center do?

Kess

What does complaining to LSAC about your test center do?

Postby Kess » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Sorry for making so many different threads on here!

Anyway, at my testing center, about halfway into the 4th section, bells started chiming. They proceeded chiming for the next 5 minutes or so. The window in the room was open. Finally, the proctor went to close the window and turn on the air conditioning which made some noise as it started up. I found this pretty damn distracting. Especially not conducive to reading that comparative passage in RC while working at the smallest desk in the world.

This is probably a dumb question but, if I complain to LSAC, what happens?

emkay625

Re: What does complaining to LSAC about your test center do?

Postby emkay625 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:41 pm

I don't know what happens with LSAC, but there's a web site where you can rate test centers. I would give them a scathing review there so future test takers know.

Anyone know the URL?

kahechsof

Postby kahechsof » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:43 pm

If you complain, it may help with your aggravation.

mushybrain

Postby mushybrain » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:43 pm

When I did it, I got an e-mail back giving me two options. 1: do nothing and get my score as scheduled, or 2: take a candidate cancel and get a free retake. I took option 2 because the circumstances I was complaining about made me do a disastrous job and I knew I didn't want the score. No idea of anything ever came of the complaint otherwise.

Kess

Postby Kess » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:46 pm

Oh yeah I did that already.

From a selfish point of view though, that doesn't help me! I kind of should have expected it because I didn't want this site at all. I registered for another testing site (and it was in early April) which I was excited about because it was a high school. Highschools always have big desks. Unfortunately for me, that testing site was canceled and I was moved to this.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Imaginary catharsis at best.

kahechsof

Postby kahechsof » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:02 pm

My friend had 5 points added to his score based on what he was PT-ing and the major disruptions. (time called early, girl defacating on floor to avoid having to leave room, proctor chewing gum loudly, dude playing boombox from inside ziplock bag.)

Kess

Postby Kess » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:03 pm

kahechsof wrote:My friend had 5 points added to his score based on what he was PT-ing and the major disruptions. (time called early, girl defacating on floor to avoid having to leave room, proctor chewing gum loudly, dude playing boombox from inside ziplock bag.)

This made me LOL

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:32 am

Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arjun

Postby arjun » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:49 pm

kahechsof wrote:My friend had 5 points added to his score based on what he was PT-ing and the major disruptions. (time called early, girl defacating on floor to avoid having to leave room, proctor chewing gum loudly, dude playing boombox from inside ziplock bag.)

okok...obvs this is a joke...but is there any reason at all that lsac would add a point to your score? like for example if a proctor bumped into your foldable table causing your booklet and answer sheet to fall off, apologized, gave you her name and lsac id #, and the issue was verifiable by the test center administrator...or would it still just be either a.) accept your score b.) cancel it sight unseen and get a free retake? is an option they offer ever c.)see you score and cancel it?

wondering because a similar incident just happened to me this saturday, and i think best case it cost me zero points, worst case it cost me 2 points (guessed on the last two in that reading comp section, which i think i may have gotten to had that not happen). the proctor told me that i should write in a complaint, and apologized profusely (she felt awwwwfull!!). However, i'm not willing to cancel my score sight unseen because i don't want to, and if i get a couple points lower than i would've liked i'll be taking it again in December.

anyway, really just wondering if i could get any benefit out of filing the complaint...if not, i don't see the point.

thanks guys...damn these uncontrollables are really aggravating!

Kess

Postby Kess » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:24 pm

arjun wrote:

okok...obvs this is a joke...but is there any reason at all that lsac would add a point to your score? like for example if a proctor bumped into your foldable table causing your booklet and answer sheet to fall off, apologized, gave you her name and lsac id #, and the issue was verifiable by the test center administrator...or would it still just be either a.) accept your score b.) cancel it sight unseen and get a free retake? is an option they offer ever c.)see you score and cancel it?

wondering because a similar incident just happened to me this saturday, and i think best case it cost me zero points, worst case it cost me 2 points (guessed on the last two in that reading comp section, which i think i may have gotten to had that not happen). the proctor told me that i should write in a complaint, and apologized profusely (she felt awwwwfull!!). However, i'm not willing to cancel my score sight unseen because i don't want to, and if i get a couple points lower than i would've liked i'll be taking it again in December.

anyway, really just wondering if i could get any benefit out of filing the complaint...if not, i don't see the point.

thanks guys...damn these uncontrollables are really aggravating!

I feel ya. I called LSAC and told them about the bells situation (without revealing any info) and they pretty much told me what someone said before that I can either keep my score or if I formally write to them, they may let me do a retake without an additional fee.

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:26 pm

emkay625 wrote:I don't know what happens with LSAC, but there's a web site where you can rate test centers. I would give them a scathing review there so future test takers know.

Anyone know the URL?

I think it's this:

--LinkRemoved--

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:35 pm

I'll preface this by saying my test centers / proctors were in general great, but they did this weird thing in which they started the section and one walked up one aisle then they switched and other walked up aisle at the start of every section while like STARING at every test. It was definitely coordinated / planned, maybe they were trained to do this?

After this they stayed up at the front / I had 0 distractions, but for some reason this little routine made me freeze up while they were doing it and I couldn't concentrate at all. It took about 45 seconds, so I had like 34:15 per section I guess... still not bad / I was happy with the test center

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”