Velocity + Manhattan + PS books enough?

amnesiac84

Velocity + Manhattan + PS books enough?

Postby amnesiac84 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:43 am

I have the manhattan books and the PS books,
from what i've been reading i can get RC down with the manhattan books, LG should be a mix between manhattan methods and Ps methods.

The section i'm having most problem with is logic reasoning, this is why i was thinking of getting the velocity videos on this to help me master this section since i'm doing pretty bad on these.

Any comments on this plan?

THX

hyakku

Re: Velocity + Manhattan + PS books enough?

Postby hyakku » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:59 am

I've read ps books, manhattans ps guide and used a lot of Daves materials that he's provided for free.

Let me tell you this, if I had to do everything again, I would probably only get velocity material. I might suggest looking into manhattans LG book as their free chapter was excellent, so Im sure the rest of the book is as well, but for LR and RC velocity will have you master it.

To put it in perspective, I was stuck around 165-167ish even after reading the ps books and doing some work. Once I got into Daves LR mindset (which I hear he goes into far more detail and from what I can tell on the forums it's a nice, small, intimate environment), I broke the 170 mark, going as high as 176 in my pts with careless errors in less than four days after starting it, and besides one or two of my last pts out of six or so I took after that, all were 170+, and those two were a 168,169 when I was exhausted. I'm no genius, just dedicated and viciously effective. Daves method teaches you just that.

A final note, his method isn't just good for LSAT. For anyone who has a major in a critical thinking (philosophy, international relations, poli sci, etc.) major that requires analysis will recognize some of his techniques, especially any of my fellow Phil majors (although I'm pretty sure dave also has a ba in Phil if I recall correctly so maybe that's why). Ive found that thinking in terms of assumptions in my IR papers that I'm reading and writing, the SPAM system, etc have all contributed to making me more active while reading, but yet I'm now faster and glean more from the passage because im asking the right questions.

Look honestly, I'm a person that can't let people not buy something that works. People are extraordinarily happy that I'm not religious as I'd be one of those prosthelizers running around trying to convince you to join up. This however, is completely worth it, and if I don't get the score I'm gunning for in dec (175+) I'm likely going to buy Daves stuff so I can get what I'm missing.

amnesiac84

Postby amnesiac84 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:01 pm

I see that the velocity course also offers books but since i am in puerto rico i don't think i can get them on time or cheap enough for me to consider them as part of the study course, i was mostly interested in the videos. I mean can you learn enough just from the videos?
Are the videos alone worth the $600 ??
Thanks to all.

glucose101

Postby glucose101 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:28 pm

LG=Manhattan (+pithypike)
RC+LR=Velocity

Use Manhattan forums, take full-length PTs from 45-60 (1-45 to drill with)

SarahKerrigan

Postby SarahKerrigan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:29 pm

amnesiac84 wrote:I see that the velocity course also offers books but since i am in puerto rico i don't think i can get them on time or cheap enough for me to consider them as part of the study course, i was mostly interested in the videos. I mean can you learn enough just from the videos?
Are the videos alone worth the $600 ??
Thanks to all.

Well the videos go along with the books. so for example, you do page 46 in your games book, then you watch the video after you finish the game. so you would really need the books. i think you should be able to get the books within a week or so. In my experience, they sent out the books the same day i placed my order. but yeah, you pretty much need the books. i guess this is kind of a tough choice for you because time is of the essence.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:48 pm

amnesiac84 & SarahKerrigan,

I'm impressed! The long term, planned well in advance, shill campaign is one of the best executed ones I've seen in a while. Nice teamwork!

glucose101

Postby glucose101 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Why do you say that Jeffort?

amnesiac84

Postby amnesiac84 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:39 pm

Jeffort wrote:amnesiac84 & SarahKerrigan,

I'm impressed! The long term, planned well in advance, shill campaign is one of the best executed ones I've seen in a while. Nice teamwork!

Don't know what this means but i'm from puerto rico dude, don't know how much sales that guy is going to be making here of the program thanks to me :roll:
I'm just in a bad situation with getting prep materials due to where i live.

Heck if i can get a discount for any mention of the program i'll take it, i need it.

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:11 pm

Jeffort wrote:amnesiac84 & SarahKerrigan,

Wtf is SarahKerrigan if you don't mean the starcraft character?

Edit: Nvm, didn't see who you were talking about.

With that said, I don't see how this would be a shill campaign. These are all things you would get simply from visiting his website. People review all the other (far more expensive and apparently less effective programs, considering the amount of time and money many seem to spend only to end up retaking) programs, why would this be any different?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”