Retake December or June?

nblumen

Retake December or June?

Postby nblumen » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:24 am

I took the LSAT yesterday and although I was confident in legitimately every other section, I absolutely bombed games, which is really unusual for me (usually I get -0/-2). When I say bombed, I don't mean -4 or -5, I mean probably more along the lines of -9. I just blanked on how to do the first game for some reason and it messed me up on the rest. I cancelled my score, which was really hard to do because I've been slaving over the LSAT for the past few months and the thought of having to keep at it really depresses me.

That being said, I need to retake it. I'm a full-time college student, but I'm only a junior. I go to a rigorous college and get a lot of schoolwork. December's test is right around final exams, but June's test is just so far away and I don't know how much longer I want the pressure of the LSAT looming. I'm not necessarily looking to improve much from my current pt-ing (171, 172 were my last 2), but I don't want to forget how to do anything either.

Do you all think it's better for me to take the test in December or in June?

Also, how do you suggest studying for the retake?

Thank you for all of your help! I really appreciate it.

dietcoke0

Re: Retake December or June?

Postby dietcoke0 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:45 am

June for sure, or even later. Work slowly on it, maybe an hour or two a day, 10 hours a week. It'll allow it to seep into your brain better, and you will become more familiar overall. You have a crap load of time, and June you get the luxury of 4 hours later, when your brain is more ready to go.

Rheastoria

Postby Rheastoria » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:52 am

If you think December is too early but June is too late, try for February. But my vote would be for June - more time, nothing else to worry about. Good luck!

nblumen

Postby nblumen » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:30 am

Rheastoria wrote:If you think December is too early but June is too late, try for February. But my vote would be for June - more time, nothing else to worry about. Good luck!

Thank you. I'm kind of iffy about taking it in February because it is never released.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”