I have no clue

dfowkes

I have no clue

Postby dfowkes » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:08 am

I feel like I did well. However, I got two RC sections back to back, which fried my eyes/brain. I am unsure how to feel this next 3 weeks. As this is my first time taking the test I feel like I should not cancel my score and see how I did. Best case scenario I think I may have done as well as my PT's however I cannot help but worry that I completely messed up and my actual score will be much worse than my PT's. Does anyone have advice on what I should do?

NiccoloA

Re: I have no clue

Postby NiccoloA » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:03 am

I had the same test that you did. I'm not going to cancel. If I don't score as well as I had hoped, it wasn't meant to be. Maybe some day down the road I'll try again, but I doubt it.

Just relax. Let the score come. If you really want law school will this threaten you significantly from attending when you come back in December? I don't think so.

Keep your head up. Work on your PS in the next 3 weeks. Enjoy your time off from LSAT. :mrgreen:

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:19 am

dfowkes wrote:I feel like I did well. However, I got two RC sections back to back, which fried my eyes/brain. I am unsure how to feel this next 3 weeks. As this is my first time taking the test I feel like I should not cancel my score and see how I did. Best case scenario I think I may have done as well as my PT's however I cannot help but worry that I completely messed up and my actual score will be much worse than my PT's. Does anyone have advice on what I should do?

Keep it. Had the same test as you, almost feel the same way, but I can gar my way through emotions not to care.

I honestly don't know how i did, but the more I think about it I think I could've done better than any of my pts despite having to guess on two of my LG questions and twoish (one I didn't get to review so I'm not feeling 100% on that last one) from my LR, I don't really call getting stopped up on ANYTHING else. It sounds like you feel the same way.

Some advice, stop reading everyone else's cancel threads and thinking about whether you should. If you really can't stop, convince yourself you went 175+ and lol at everyone freaking out over cancellations (who also probably got 170+), otherwise you're gonna be going crazy these next few weeks.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:22 am

I went in PT like this

80% of the time I got essentially the same score which I'd be happy about
10% of the time I got an amazing score, which I'd be insanely happy with
10% of the time I go a score that would piss me off

Idk... I'm worried this one felt like the 10% that would piss me off. Could be the 80% variety though so I guess I'll wait

FAJISTE

Postby FAJISTE » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:19 am

Relax. Its just an exam

kwais

Postby kwais » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:31 am

FAJISTE wrote:Relax. Its just an exam

wrong website bro

puff0ffluff

Postby puff0ffluff » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:05 pm

FAJISTE wrote:Relax. Its just an exam

you must have the lsat mixed up with the gre

@ potential-canceler: don't. here's a horror story. Last june I cancelled thinking I bombed my test because I rushed through my last six answers of my last section. They surprised me, being all A's and 1 C, so I thought for sure I was wrong. Well, answer key came back and it turns out that they were all A's and 1 C. Not only that, the Kate Chopin essay that I thought I bombed I actually didn't. If I had to guess, I think I cancelled a test that I missed less than 10 on... so don't cancel

josh43299

Postby josh43299 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:28 pm

dfowkes wrote:I feel like I did well. However, I got two RC sections back to back, which fried my eyes/brain. I am unsure how to feel this next 3 weeks. As this is my first time taking the test I feel like I should not cancel my score and see how I did. Best case scenario I think I may have done as well as my PT's however I cannot help but worry that I completely messed up and my actual score will be much worse than my PT's. Does anyone have advice on what I should do?

Have you ever waited any length of time before seeing what your score was on a PT? The problem is that there is no way to be totally confident when you have 101 questions to worry about, all of which are based on your reasoning abilities at a particular time which have escaped your memory. If you are at all pessimistic, you are going to worry about this. Typically when someone bombs a practice test, they can come up with a few good reasons (I didnt get through the RC section, I got held up on a LR question, I couldnt make any deductions in a game and it took an inordinate amount of time). You would be able to come up with some of these reasons now (and they would be more than small periods anxiety when taking the test). If your IQ lowered about 30 points while taking the LSAT and you convinced yourself that wrong answers were right with no justification, you would know.

josh43299

Postby josh43299 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:31 pm

I say you would know because throughout the test you would be saying to yourself, "Why am I suddenly stupid? These questions don't make sense to me....." You would remember freaking out.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”