How does CCNMVP view cancel/not canceled score?

senorhosh

How does CCNMVP view cancel/not canceled score?

Postby senorhosh » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:51 pm

Splitter here.
Anyone know how much better a cancel, 175+ looks than a 170, 175+ for CCNMVP?

Is it even worth it to cancel or is the difference so minimal that it doesn't matter?

MrPapagiorgio

Re: How does CCNMVP view cancel/not canceled score?

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:54 pm

This question doesn't make sense because you won't know what your score is when you cancel.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:57 pm

Don't cancel if you think you got a 170. CCN on down won't care and there is a not insignificant chance that you didn't screw up as many as you thought.

senorhosh

Postby senorhosh » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:02 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:This question doesn't make sense because you won't know what your score is when you cancel.

I learned I can "guess" pretty well on PTs what is my score is going to be based on my performance & confidence.

MrBain_

Postby MrBain_ » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:07 pm

senorhosh wrote:Splitter here.
Anyone know how much better a cancel, 175+ looks than a 170, 175+ for CCNMVP?

Is it even worth it to cancel or is the difference so minimal that it doesn't matter?

lol, In a possible world that is exactly like our world in every respect expect the fact that when one cancels his or her lsat score, the test taker, and only the test taker, will receive their score via a notarized letter deliver by either the mailman or the ups man, but not both.

maybe now you'll get some undickhead responses?

senorhosh

Postby senorhosh » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:15 pm

bdubs wrote:Don't cancel if you think you got a 170. CCN on down won't care and there is a not insignificant chance that you didn't screw up as many as you thought.

"CCN on down won't care..." What does this mean?

Well I blind guessed 3 LR, which I never do. And this threw me off on the next section (but not by much).

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:27 pm

senorhosh wrote:
bdubs wrote:Don't cancel if you think you got a 170. CCN on down won't care and there is a not insignificant chance that you didn't screw up as many as you thought.

"CCN on down won't care..." What does this mean?

Well I blind guessed 3 LR, which I never do. And this threw me off on the next section (but not by much).

None of CCN actually average in practice. HYS all seem to give real weight to retaking the test, but CCN don't really seem to mind since they are all still very concerned with their place in the numerically driven hierarchy. NYU is the only CCN that even makes an attempt to claim that they average, but everyone knows that they don't really do it.

soj

Postby soj » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:44 am

Not even H looks like it averages, based on a quick impression from LSN. You're fine for CCNMVP. They can't afford to be picky about retakers (cancel or low score) if they want to keep medians up.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”