warming up before test today/problems with test center?

rachue

warming up before test today/problems with test center?

Postby rachue » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:24 pm

did anyone else warm up with some practice questions in the building they were testing in but before they checked in? if so, i'd be interested as to whether you had any problems with that... you can PM me or just post here. i'm just trying to figure out if my testing center was weird. thanks!

emkay625

Re: warming up before test today/problems with test center?

Postby emkay625 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:40 pm

I warmed up on the first floor of the building, but testing and check in was only on the 2nd floor. I asked a proctor and they said it would be okay so long as I threw all materials away before I checked in.

gaud

Postby gaud » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:43 pm

emkay625 wrote:I warmed up on the first floor of the building, but testing and check in was only on the 2nd floor. I asked a proctor and they said it would be okay so long as I threw all materials away before I checked in.

similar for me.

rachue

Postby rachue » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:43 pm

emkay625 wrote:I warmed up on the first floor of the building, but testing and check in was only on the 2nd floor. I asked a proctor and they said it would be okay so long as I threw all materials away before I checked in.

yea that's what one lady said to me and then the main proctor lady comes over and took away my stuff.granted, i was on the same floor, but i clearly had not checked in yet. i was kind of annoyed. i think i'm gonna call LSAC about it on mon to see if that really is protocol.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:45 pm

I would say about 25% of the 150 people or so were warming up with something (paper, notes, etc) and none were scolded or even talked to. We checked in at 8:30, and they had thrown it away by then. Arrived at about 7:55

rachue

Postby rachue » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:49 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:I would say about 25% of the 150 people or so were warming up with something (paper, notes, etc) and none were scolded or even talked to. We checked in at 8:30, and they had thrown it away by then. Arrived at about 7:55

ahhh that makes me so mad! i was there way before it was time anyway to go in, plus i always did warm ups before my PTs. gahhh. what can LSAC really do about it, though? they're prob either going to tell me that maybe the lady was right and /or "sorry" and that's it... yea? :-/

rachue

Postby rachue » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:16 pm

do you guys think i should even bother calling LSAC? :-/

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:22 pm

No, because I do think that they have the right to say what they want in the testing area. Had someone been texting or something, i bet they would be scolded. They do tell you not to bring it to the testing area.

rachue

Postby rachue » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:23 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:No, because I do think that they have the right to say what they want in the testing area. Had someone been texting or something, i bet they would be scolded. They do tell you not to bring it to the testing area.

right, but i did bring them with the intent of throwing them away. i wasn't going to bring them into the room. i wasn't even checked in yet. i just don't get what the difference was really from doing it there to, say, just in the stairwell.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:24 pm

No, but I think they have jurisdiction on the whole staging area, so their word is the law. If you had gone to a dif floor, or to a diner or something, you would've been golden. But since you were in their jurisdiction, they have the final word on what is allowed.

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:25 pm

You should warm up by hitting the gym in the morning.

rachue

Postby rachue » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:27 pm

MC Southstar wrote:You should warm up by hitting the gym in the morning.

haha, i did that, too.

@dietcoke... yea, i wish i had said that to the lady, i just didn't think of it right on the spot. or i wish at least she would have presented that as an option. i ended up just checking in and sitting in the testing room for the next 20 min twiddling my thumbs. oh well. it is what it is.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Well, I had to wait 80 minutes, twiddling my thumbs, so at least you had less time to twiddle.

rachue

Postby rachue » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:32 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:Well, I had to wait 80 minutes, twiddling my thumbs, so at least you had less time to twiddle.

haha, valid.

hula_gurl

Postby hula_gurl » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:51 pm

the proctors took away all books that people had in the waiting area. not sure if they were supposed to do that, so you might want to call lsac if they did something drastic to you, like made you leave.

rachue

Postby rachue » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:58 pm

hula_gurl wrote:the proctors took away all books that people had in the waiting area. not sure if they were supposed to do that, so you might want to call lsac if they did something drastic to you, like made you leave.

they didn't make me leave. i asked one lady before i started reviewing if i was allowed, and she said it was fine so i sat down in the lounge area and started reviewing. and then 5 min later another lady came over and took away my stuff. luckily it wasn't books, just copies of old questions that i didn't care so much if they got tossed, but it was still kinda annoying. i guess i should have just done that in the car. oh well.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:36 pm

I was REALLY REALLY impressed by the proctors / center i took it in. They took it insanely seriously / were really professional and worked hard to eliminate ANY distraction. The lady started out with some speech about how serious she takes this and has been doing it for 27 years, and I started out thinking "O God, now I have to hear this"... but actually was pretty good.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”