Some Help here

User avatar
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:12 am

Some Help here

Postby toddly76 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:59 pm

I took the October LSAT, was PTing at over 170 consistently. Like many, I lost my mojo on the games, second and third games had me hurting. Guessed on maybe 6.

I've got a 3.8 GPA and I'm planning on leaving a PhD program but only if I can get into a good law school. I figure my worst case is a 165-6 and best case with a generous curve is a 169-70. I'm almost certainly going to retake in December.

Would it be better to just take my score and retake in December or is that cutting the deadline too close and will having a lower score on the resume be a turn off. Had a lot of things

My def of "good schools:" My applications were going to be contingent on my score. I know that's not the responsible way to do it, but there you go.


User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Some Help here

Postby suspicious android » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Don't bother cancelling unless you're pretty sure you're going to score near the bottom of your range. None of the schools you listed will hold a retake in December against you.

User avatar
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: Some Help here

Postby dietcoke0 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:13 pm

Yeah, you might be good irregardless. Also, some schools you can hold off on a decision until after a Dec retake score is in. You may risk some scholie money, but it's better to get into a better school then get money.

Depends on your softs as well

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests