So, sorry to post another "Should I cancel" thread...

JustSomebody
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:33 am

So, sorry to post another "Should I cancel" thread...

Postby JustSomebody » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:29 pm

But, I don't know what to do. I really wanted to get a 170+, I was PTing there, but I don't know what happened with this games section. I guessed on like 7 of them. And I'm not even that confident in the RC either... I found myself running out of time at the end. One of the LR was pretty good and the other was okay I guess, but usually I do extremely well on LR and I felt these LR were harder than I've seen on most PTs.

The first section for me was games, which I totally bombed. Two of the games were impossible for me and I just couldn't get them to work out at all. I told myself "Don't worry, it could be experimental," so when I got to another games section later and def got -0 with minutes to spare, I was a lot happier, hoping against hope it was the real one. However I know now that the section that I was hoping to God was experimental... wasn't.

Which means that I likely totally bombed.

I definitely know I didn't get a 170, but this is still my first time taking it. So I don't already have a bad score prior to this one on my record. Still, I know I'll probably end up retaking in December anyway, unless by some miracle I managed to get at least upper 160s.

Anyway I'm really freaking out right now and I only have 6 days to decide. But, do you think I should cancel or just stick with it and likely retake?

User avatar
dietcoke0
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: So, sorry to post another "Should I cancel" thread...

Postby dietcoke0 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:44 pm

Which games did you get -0? Ambassadors and Books real, so I say go with your score if that is the -0

towardvision
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:21 am

Re: So, sorry to post another "Should I cancel" thread...

Postby towardvision » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:46 pm

exactly same here..
I cancelled my score b/f leaving the testing center.
I really want to get 170+, and having guessed on 5 questions in LG made me lose all confidence.
I stayed throughout the test. But since having decided to cancel, I couldn't do my best on the remaining sections.

Since you finished your test, perhaps, you shouldn't just cancel??

JustSomebody
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:33 am

Re: So, sorry to post another "Should I cancel" thread...

Postby JustSomebody » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:51 pm

edited because I said specific game topics?

towardvision wrote:exactly same here..
I cancelled my score b/f leaving the testing center.
I really want to get 170+, and having guessed on 5 questions in LG made me lose all confidence.
I stayed throughout the test. But since having decided to cancel, I couldn't do my best on the remaining sections.

Since you finished your test, perhaps, you shouldn't just cancel??


Yeah, I guess... I'll not cancel just yet. Maybe the curve will be generous? I don't know. I need to think about this for a few days. Although you canceled and prob got less LG wrong than I did. Hmm.
Last edited by JustSomebody on Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, bearedman8, goldenbear2020, isuggestbedtime, LewD33, maybeman, proteinshake, SunDevil14, VMars and 30 guests