LR LG LR LR RC - Which is experimental?

tyro

Re: LR LG LR LR RC - Which is experimental?

Postby tyro » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:14 pm

dianyu wrote:Hi all!

I wanted to reach out to you and would so appreciate your help. I had 3 LR and can't determine which was experimental:

LR Section 1 (25) had a video coupon usage question and also as its last question,[YES, STATING WHAT THE LAST QUESTION WAS, WITH PARTICULARITY IS GOING TOO FAR.]
LG Section 2 (23)

LR Section 3 (? #) its first question was (EDITED) about Gossip in the office.

LR Section 4 (26) had in its last 5 questions, [AND AGAIN, STATING THE QUESTIONS IS TOO MUCH.]

RC Section 5 (27)

If you could shed any light on which might be experimental, I would appreciate so so much, Thanks again in advance!

Reminder:

chup wrote:PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: We've given repeated warnings about discussing specifics of the test. That includes strategies, specific answers, types of games, the distribution of answers across the tests, and soliciting PMs to discuss these things off the boards (and this is not an all-inclusive list). If you have done anything like that, I strongly suggest you edit your posts now, because if we find them when reviewing the thread (which I'm starting to do), we will give you a 1-day ban.

Thank you, Tyro. 8)

ETA: Oops, I wasn't meaning to turn this person in. We were talking about the "office gossip" and if someone with two LR's didn't remember this one (which is why I quoted). I guess it provided two functions :oops:
Last edited by tyro on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Strange

Postby Strange » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Do we have a consensus yet as to whether the 4th section could have been experimental?

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:22 pm

Strange wrote:Do we have a consensus yet as to whether the 4th section could have been experimental?

FOURTH IS NOT EXPERIMENTAL!! Good lord guys, it takes all of 2 minutes to know conclusively which one is experimental. Here is what I did when I took the test (where the order was RC LR LR LR LG). I thought of 1 question from each LR section and only referred to it by subject matter. I posted on this forum something like this: "Hey guys, I had a question on bears, wigs, and jupiter. Did you guys have all of those?" First response was "I didn't have a question about jupiter". And voila, I knew which one was experimental. Obviously don't talk about a single detail from the Q's, but I can't understand why there is so much debate on this.

Strange

Postby Strange » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:24 pm

kaiser wrote:
Strange wrote:Do we have a consensus yet as to whether the 4th section could have been experimental?

FOURTH IS NOT EXPERIMENTAL!! Good lord guys, it takes all of 2 minutes to know conclusively which one is experimental. Here is what I did when I took the test (where the order was RC LR LR LR LG). I thought of 1 question from each LR section and only referred to it by subject matter. I posted on this forum something like this: "Hey guys, I had a question on bears, wigs, and jupiter. Did you guys have all of those?" First response was "I didn't have a question about jupiter". And voila, I knew which one was experimental. Obviously don't talk about a single detail from the Q's, but I can't understand why there is so much debate on this.

Because some people were claiming to have figured out that their fourth section is the experimental. Your method doesn't really help in that determination

qbt1990

Postby qbt1990 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:28 pm

kaiser wrote:

Yes, I did this exact same method and the questions that people didn't have all came from my section 4. So yeah, this method is not fully accurate.

qbt1990

Postby qbt1990 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:29 pm

No consensus, I still think it could be and everyone thinks I am hoaxing/flaming/trolling/making shit up. I don't think we're going to find out the truth until the scores come out, to be honest.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:31 pm

qbt1990 wrote:
kaiser wrote:

Yes, I did this exact same method and the questions that people didn't have all came from my section 4. So yeah, this method is not fully accurate.

Well if people didn't have questions that you know for sure you had (and those people aren't just forgetting), then you have your answer. Remember that the testmakers read sites like these and follow very closely what the prep classes do. They want to stay a step ahead. So perhaps they finally broke from the mold regarding the experimental being in the first three. But yeah, that test is the only actual way to know for sure, and it sounds like you know for sure.

tyro

Postby tyro » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:37 pm

qbt1990 wrote:

No consensus, I still think it could be and everyone thinks I am hoaxing/flaming/trolling/making shit up. I don't think we're going to find out the truth until the scores come out, to be honest.

From what I've heard, if your first section was not super easy and had a question about "movie rentals" but you had three LR's, your 4th section was the experimental.

Lemon Lyman

Postby Lemon Lyman » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:43 pm

My first LR had a movie rentals question but my 3rd LR was only 25 questions. Can anyone confirm that the movie rentals question is not the experimental?

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Lemon Lyman wrote:My first LR had a movie rentals question but my 3rd LR was only 25 questions. Can anyone confirm that the movie rentals question is not the experimental?

Deductive vs. inductive reasoning dude. You could have a million people on here say "yeah, I had the movie rentals Q", but you would never know for sure if you just haven't heard from someone who didn't have it. What you want is someone who didn't have that Q. What I'm saying is, no one can confirm that a section was real, but it is certainly possible to prove that a section is experimental.

neeko

Postby neeko » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:49 pm

Lemon Lyman wrote:My first LR had a movie rentals question but my 3rd LR was only 25 questions. Can anyone confirm that the movie rentals question is not the experimental?

People with 2 LR had movie rentals. It was not experimental.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:51 pm

neeko wrote:

That would be another way to prove it. So there you go.

neeko

Postby neeko » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:56 pm

kaiser wrote:
neeko wrote:

That is one person saying that though. This is all so screwed up. All I know is that office gossip, and the mirror monkeys, and the dogs, I never had those questions. And people are saying those were in Section 4 of theirs.

Did anybody that is still in this thread, and did not disappear from TLS after the test, have these questions and remember what section they were in?

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:58 pm

neeko wrote:
kaiser wrote:
neeko wrote:

That is one person saying that though. This is all so screwed up. All I know is that office gossip, and the mirror monkeys, and the dogs, I never had those questions. And people are saying those were in Section 4 of theirs.

Did anybody that is still in this thread, and did not disappear from TLS after the test, have these questions and remember what section they were in?

If every one of those questions were in section 4 for you, and you have multiple confirmations that other people didn't have those questions, then it absolutely has to be experimental. I don't see how it could be any other way.

neeko

Postby neeko » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:06 pm

kaiser wrote:

If every one of those questions were in section 4 for you, and you have multiple confirmations that other people didn't have those questions, then it absolutely has to be experimental. I don't see how it could be any other way.

There are a lot of people that did not have these questions. I did not have these questions. And there are people saying they had them in section 4. That is where all this mass hysteria is coming from.

tyro

Postby tyro » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:08 pm

Okay well the "office gossip" was a VERY memorable question because of how silly it was. If you had that question, you would remember it. Someone with two LR's said she didn't have this question and now you are saying it as well.

I know for sure that this question was NOT in section one of my exam (movie rentals).

More proof that section one was real = a good thing.

neuroticjew

Postby neuroticjew » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:09 pm

neeko wrote:
kaiser wrote:

There are a lot of people that did not have these questions. I did not have these questions. And there are people saying they had them in section 4. That is where all this mass hysteria is coming from.

Same. Didn't have any of those questions and I had three LRs. Why is it so hard to believe LSAC would have an experimental section after the break? Just because they don't usually doesn't mean there is any rule precluding them from doing so.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:10 pm

neeko wrote:
kaiser wrote:

Well then I think the testmakers finally shook something up and decided to mix up where the experimentals are as to ensure that no one knows which is experimental during the test.

The funny implication of all of this is for those people who had something like LG RC LR LR LG. The past 20 years of knowledge would lead us to immediately say "the first section was experimental". But if things are as you say, and people honestly had a 4th section experimental LR, there is no sure way to say that those with 2 LG sections had their experimental section first.

Strange

Postby Strange » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:24 pm

tyro wrote:Okay well the "office gossip" was a VERY memorable question because of how silly it was. If you had that question, you would remember it. Someone with two LR's said she didn't have this question and now you are saying it as well.

I know for sure that this question was NOT in section one of my exam (movie rentals).

I don't remember office gossip. Was video rental in same section as the long principle? (not sure if that's against the rules)

EMZE

Postby EMZE » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:27 pm

I had 25 26 25 and I think I remember the office gossip question being in my 26q section. Definitely dont remember mirror monkeys, but do remember nursing macaques (sp?). Anyone else with the 25-26-25 layout believe they remember the same? Or for that matter, anyone with a 25-26-25 remember sec.1 being much more difficult than the other 2?

tyro

Postby tyro » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Strange wrote:
tyro wrote:Okay well the "office gossip" was a VERY memorable question because of how silly it was. If you had that question, you would remember it. Someone with two LR's said she didn't have this question and now you are saying it as well.

I don't remember office gossip. Was video rental in same section as the long principle? (not sure if that's against the rules)

I've posted the rules at the top of this page under "reminder"

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:26 pm

My fourth section (RC) was 100% experimental.

gaucho11

Postby gaucho11 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:12 pm

EMZE wrote:I had 25 26 25 and I think I remember the office gossip question being in my 26q section. Definitely dont remember mirror monkeys, but do remember nursing macaques (sp?). Anyone else with the 25-26-25 layout believe they remember the same? Or for that matter, anyone with a 25-26-25 remember sec.1 being much more difficult than the other 2?

yeah I had 25 26 25 lr and i had the nursing macaques and my section 1 was wayyy difficult. Lr 2 and lr 3 felt more like i was practicing.

senorhosh

Postby senorhosh » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:20 pm

gaucho11 wrote:
EMZE wrote:I had 25 26 25 and I think I remember the office gossip question being in my 26q section. Definitely dont remember mirror monkeys, but do remember nursing macaques (sp?). Anyone else with the 25-26-25 layout believe they remember the same? Or for that matter, anyone with a 25-26-25 remember sec.1 being much more difficult than the other 2?

yeah I had 25 26 25 lr and i had the nursing macaques and my section 1 was wayyy difficult. Lr 2 and lr 3 felt more like i was practicing.

did u guys have the alzheimer's question in LR 2?
animal oxygen consumption in LR3? *edited cuz i like this site*
Last edited by senorhosh on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:22 pm

^^ that feels a bit too specific

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”