LR LG LR LR RC - Which is experimental?

chup

Re: LR LG LR LR RC - Which is experimental?

Postby chup » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:18 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
puff0ffluff wrote:Besides, TLS doesn't really benefit from banning users, do they? Banning users will make it so that these people can't report their admissions stats later on, which I'm sure can't be good for TLS admissions graphs. And let's face it, the past admissions graphs is one of the primary factors that keeps traffic on this site.

Lol. Your reasoning is flawed. Complain about this one all you like but this is a strictly-enforced, LSAC-driven rule.

Senorhosh - Nah, that's vague enough to get a pass. It's more of a, "If you had the flesh eating zombies question, did you get A? Because I know it had to be A or C and I love those parallel reasoning questions!"
(LSAC would see THAT as a biiiig no no.)

We would also have a problem with posts that don't quite rise to that level of detail/asininity. Talking about the set-up to a game or (and this is one I've seen a lot of) even just what KIND of game it is (linear, ordering, etc.) will get you a ban.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:24 pm

chup wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
puff0ffluff wrote:Besides, TLS doesn't really benefit from banning users, do they? Banning users will make it so that these people can't report their admissions stats later on, which I'm sure can't be good for TLS admissions graphs. And let's face it, the past admissions graphs is one of the primary factors that keeps traffic on this site.

Lol. Your reasoning is flawed. Complain about this one all you like but this is a strictly-enforced, LSAC-driven rule.

Senorhosh - Nah, that's vague enough to get a pass. It's more of a, "If you had the flesh eating zombies question, did you get A? Because I know it had to be A or C and I love those parallel reasoning questions!"
(LSAC would see THAT as a biiiig no no.)

We would also have a problem with posts that don't quite rise to that level of detail/asininity. Talking about the set-up to a game or (and this is one I've seen a lot of) even just what KIND of game it is (linear, ordering, etc.) will get you a ban.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, I went pretty far with that one. I'm clearly getting a bit crispy.

tyro

Postby tyro » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:31 pm

Anyway, the movie rental section was probably one of the experimentals.

zdamico

Postby zdamico » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:33 pm

tyro wrote:Anyway, the movie rental section was probably one of the experimentals.

People with 2 sections said they had that. And I had 3 sections, and someone else had 3 sections and we both had that, but he had an entire section with stuff ive never heard of.

tyro

Postby tyro » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:36 pm

zdamico wrote:
tyro wrote:Anyway, the movie rental section was probably one of the experimentals.

People with 2 sections said they had that. And I had 3 sections, and someone else had 3 sections and we both had that, but he had an entire section with stuff ive never heard of.

Really? So yeah from what I can remember the movie rental section was the first section on my exam (could be wrong though) and it was super strange/easy. I would be feeling a lot better if this was one of the real ones.

zdamico

Postby zdamico » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:40 pm

tyro wrote:
zdamico wrote:

Really? So yeah from what I can remember the movie rental section was the first section on my exam (could be wrong though) and it was super strange/easy. I would be feeling a lot better if this was one of the real ones.

I had this one too. 25 26 25? I had just assumed it would be Section 1 EXP cause of the numbers, people with only 2 LR said the numbers were 25 and 26. But a lot of people were talking about questions from the first and third I remembered that they had with only 2 sections, and people mentioned stuff from their Section 4 that i didnt have.

Hard to believe LSAC would all of a sudden make Section 4 the exp, but they've never said they wouldnt, so I guess its possible? Just have to wait and see.

tyro

Postby tyro » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:47 pm

zdamico wrote:
tyro wrote:
zdamico wrote:

I had this one too. 25 26 25? I had just assumed it would be Section 1 EXP cause of the numbers, people with only 2 LR said the numbers were 25 and 26. But a lot of people were talking about questions from the first and third I remembered that they had with only 2 sections, and people mentioned stuff from their Section 4 that i didnt have.

Hard to believe LSAC would all of a sudden make Section 4 the exp, but they've never said they wouldnt, so I guess its possible? Just have to wait and see.

I'm trying to remember which section the killer whales & boat motors question was on. If it was on section one, then we'll know for sure that our first section was a real one.

Texasgirl2012

Postby Texasgirl2012 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:41 am

Yeah I had three LR sections, LR LG LR LR RC
And I most definitely did NOT have a question about apes and mirrors and whatnot.

I'm really freaking out a little bit because if my second LR wasn't experimental, I'm screwed. I did reasonably well on the first, thought it was pretty standard, and really well on my 4th section.

I've been obsessively reading these forums and think that just as many people with this layout have said the 1st one was crazy hard as have said the 3rd one was crazy hard. I really think they flip-flopped the experimentals on different tests.

Also, my 2nd LR definitely had some THINGS ON IT THAT APPEARED STRANGE. (Yes. Edited by Mods. And that will be 24 hours for this hapless poster.).

neeko

Postby neeko » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:54 am

Texasgirl2012 wrote:Yeah I had three LR sections, LR LG LR LR RC
And I most definitely did NOT have a question about apes and mirrors and whatnot.

I'm really freaking out a little bit because if my second LR wasn't experimental, I'm screwed. I did reasonably well on the first, thought it was pretty standard, and really well on my 4th section.

I've been obsessively reading these forums and think that just as many people with this layout have said the 1st one was crazy hard as have said the 3rd one was crazy hard. I really think they flip-flopped the experimentals on different tests.

Also, my 2nd LR definitely had some THINGS ON IT THAT APPEARED STRANGE. (Yes. Edited by Mods. And that will be 24 hours for this hapless poster.).

I didn't have the apes in mirrors. I had your format, and from what I can gather, and trust me, I invested every second of my life into figuring this out after the test, our third section, 2nd LR was experimental. I got pissed about people saying there was an experimental after the break, but I think its legit now. There was an RC and an LR exp after the break. We escaped its wrath though.

Edited for clarity
Last edited by neeko on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

rivermaker

Postby rivermaker » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:09 am

do you mean your third section? or third LR

neeko

Postby neeko » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:18 am

rivermaker wrote:do you mean your third section? or third LR

Sorry I should have clarified that more. 3rd section, 2nd LR.

Lemon Lyman

Postby Lemon Lyman » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:30 am

They must have had different LR orders. I had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC and they were 26-26-25. I want to say that my 2nd LR had the super-long principle question, meaning my first LR section was Exp.

neeko

Postby neeko » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:41 am

Lemon Lyman wrote:They must have had different LR orders. I had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC and they were 26-26-25. I want to say that my 2nd LR had the super-long principle question, meaning my first LR section was Exp.

There were 2 different LR experimentals. One group had 2nd LR exp, one group had 3rd LR exp.

z0rk

Postby z0rk » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:42 am

toddly76 wrote:I had LG-LR-RC-RC-LR. And I had a long-ass half page principle question.

I think I may have had this format as well.

Edit: Without giving specifics that are not permitted by LSAC and TLS, does anyone remember the general topic (NO SPECIFICS, don't get banned) for the long principle question?

danzors

Postby danzors » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:37 am

so for those of us who had the (yup, removed by mods) question about (yup, this one too)computers in the second section, which one was the experimental?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:39 am

FYI? danzors' post is bordering on too specific. (I know, I know - but these are the LSAC rules.)
Thanks for keeping it vague, all.

rosenbiems

Postby rosenbiems » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:40 pm

Neeko--did your section run LR 1 (25) LR 2 (26) LR 3 (26)? All historical evidence seems to be pointing towards the 2nd section as the experimental (historically, no experimental after break, and a 101 question test).

I also had no apes in the mirrors or dogs and their masters, so I think we may have had exact same format.

neeko

Postby neeko » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:45 pm

rosenbiems wrote:Neeko--did your section run LR 1 (25) LR 2 (26) LR 3 (26)? All historical evidence seems to be pointing towards the 2nd section as the experimental (historically, no experimental after break, and a 101 question test).

I also had no apes in the mirrors or dogs and their masters, so I think we may have had exact same format.

Believe me, I know the 4th as experimental never happened, and it took me forever to actually believe people. The only reason I do is there was a huge mass of people saying that they had those questions in their 4th section, and I did not have them anywhere, and I had 3 LR. As far as the numbers go, I am not sure on that. I did not look.

But if you didnt have those two questions either, we have the same format, and LR 2 (section 3) is exp.

But again, disclaimer, if all these people are trolls, then all these assumptions are wrong.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:54 pm

FAR TOO MUCH INFORMATION. Poster gets 24 hours for this.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:56 pm

STUFF

tyro

Postby tyro » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:08 pm

Edited
Last edited by tyro on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rosenbiems

Postby rosenbiems » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:12 pm

So the Alzheimers question was our 4th section? If so, that would affirm that our exp was section 3

tyro

Postby tyro » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:24 pm

rosenbiems wrote:So the Alzheimers question was our 4th section? If so, that would affirm that our exp was section 3

Edited: see below

tyro

Postby tyro » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Okay, it's a little embarrassing that it took this long but for other slow people with the same format (easy first LR), there is solid evidence that section three (second LR) was the experimental.

People have confirmed that they had the "movie rental" question which was found on the first section (LR) for many people.

One person has also stated that she DID NOT have the "office gossip" question and another person stated that he/she is quite certain that this was section three (second LR) for him/her.

Keep in mind that there is evidence suggesting that the LR order was different for people who had the same overall sectional order so this post may not be helpful for you.

neeko

Postby neeko » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:11 pm

tyro wrote:Okay, it's a little embarrassing that it took this long but for other slow people with the same format (easy first LR), there is solid evidence that section three (second LR) was the experimental.

People have confirmed that they had the "movie rental" question which was found on the first section (LR) for many people.

One person has also stated that she DID NOT have the "office gossip" question and another person stated that he/she is quite certain that this was section three (second LR) for him/her.

Keep in mind that there is evidence suggesting that the LR order was different for people who had the same overall sectional order so this post may not be helpful for you.

Does anyone know with 100% certainty what section office gossip was in?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”