LR LG LR LR RC - Which is experimental? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gaucho11

New

Re: LR LG LR LR RC - Which is experimental?

Post by gaucho11 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:29 pm

anyone else think that the 1st lr was experimental? Myself, I honestly have no idea. I just hope that the 1st lr was experimental

gaucho11

New

Post by gaucho11 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:30 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
Strange wrote:Do we have a consensus yet as to whether the 4th section could have been experimental?

My fourth section (RC) was 100% experimental.
I never thought that the experimental would ever be outside of the first 3 sections. I guess that that's possible though (just hasn't happened before)

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:31 pm

gaucho11 wrote:anyone else think that the 1st lr was experimental? Myself, I honestly have no idea. I just hope that the 1st lr was experimental

There were different versions of the tests. So, some people's 1st LR was experimental, and some people's 3rd LR was experimental. And, I have "heard" that some people had 4th section LR that was experimental.

The real ones had 25 and 26 questions. Some TLS searching might yield more specifics.

EMZE

Silver

Post by EMZE » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:34 pm

I remember the alz question. I don't remember your other one regarding arctic and animal consumption. I am not saying I know that I didn't have it, but in the interest of being vague enough to not violate LSAC policy I really don't think I have enough to go on. I am not soliciting for details in the least, just trying to make clear that I may well have but cannot say for sure.

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:37 pm

I had Alzheimers, no arctic animals though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:40 pm

neeko wrote:I had Alzheimers, no arctic animals though.
Another reason why I think the exp was in the 4th section.

Alz question was in 3rd for me. After the test I asked my friend if he had it, which he did. I assumed the 1st section was exp.

However, it seemed strange that he didn't remember any of the questions in my 4th section

gaucho11

New

Post by gaucho11 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:42 pm

some people said they had lr sections that went 25-26-26. And compared to the lr sections on my lsat (which was 25-26-25). So did lsac really have 2 different lr experimentals?

gaucho11

New

Post by gaucho11 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:44 pm

senorhosh wrote:
neeko wrote:I had Alzheimers, no arctic animals though.
Another reason why I think the exp was in the 4th section.

Alz question was in 3rd for me. After the test I asked my friend if he had it, which he did. I assumed the 1st section was exp.

However, it seemed strange that he didn't remember any of the questions in my 4th section
would you by any chance remember which section the antibiotic resist. bact. was in? (is this question too specific by any chance?)

zdamico

Bronze

Post by zdamico » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:45 pm

gaucho11 wrote:some people said they had lr sections that went 25-26-26. And compared to the lr sections on my lsat (which was 25-26-25). So did lsac really have 2 different lr experimentals?
Maybe more. Lots of people with 25 26 25 listed like 3-4 questions they had in their last LR that NOBODY else had, yet I had the exact same format and even I didn't have them.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:46 pm

zdamico wrote:
gaucho11 wrote:some people said they had lr sections that went 25-26-26. And compared to the lr sections on my lsat (which was 25-26-25). So did lsac really have 2 different lr experimentals?
Maybe more. Lots of people with 25 26 25 listed like 3-4 questions they had in their last LR that NOBODY else had, yet I had the exact same format and even I didn't have them.

+1

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:47 pm

gaucho11 wrote:
would you by any chance remember which section the antibiotic resist. bact. was in? (is this question too specific by any chance?)
No, actually, that is still OK. (Close to the line, though.) If you had said, "the parallel reasoning question" that would be too much. (On behalf of the mods, we really appreciate that you guys are trying to stay in the lines. Thanks, all.)

gaucho11

New

Post by gaucho11 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:49 pm

interestinggggg. I remember a practical joke question too. I just can't place these questions into their sections.

zdamico

Bronze

Post by zdamico » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:52 pm

Instead of a ton of people with EXP LRs asking people with only two LRs to confirm the presence or lack thereof of certain sections, we should get a few people with only two LRs to confirm 1 or 2 question topics on each real LR.

Seems simple enough, right?

Too bad it never is.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gaucho11

New

Post by gaucho11 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:58 pm

i like that idea. anyone with 2 lrs want to just say, generally of course, a question from each of their lr's?

gaucho11

New

Post by gaucho11 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:59 pm

come to think of it. Im not sure many people without 3 lrs would be on this thread......
*crickets*

EMZE

Silver

Post by EMZE » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:09 pm

As another 3 LR victim, I have been following this thread and those like it since their inception. After getting a lot of fedback from the 2 LR types, what I have found is that most of them have not had questions regarding

Macaques/monkeys
Tourists/locals and tourist attractions

For me I believed the formed to be in my 3rd LR(sec 4) and the latter in my 2nd (sec 3). Ironically, that leaves me with only one graded LR section, so clearly my memory is failing me on these questions locations. Simply put, I hope they were all in my 1st sec. Wishful thinking..

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:18 pm

gaucho11 wrote:i like that idea. anyone with 2 lrs want to just say, generally of course, a question from each of their lr's?

I had killer whales, alzheimer's, hacking into an owner's computer if they're a criminal, genuine confidence, something about bio minerals, . . . will keep thinking.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:19 pm

gaucho11 wrote:i like that idea. anyone with 2 lrs want to just say, generally of course, a question from each of their lr's?

I had killer whales, alzheimer's, hacking into an owner's computer if they're a criminal, genuine confidence, something about bio minerals, . . . will keep thinking.
Did you have movie rentals?

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:21 pm

neeko wrote:

Did you have movie rentals?

Yeah, I think so. And some pizza coupon thing.

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:22 pm

Some of the LSATs in October did have the 4th section be an LR experimental. To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time LSAC did not adhere to the experimental-in-the-first-3-sections guideline.

zdamico

Bronze

Post by zdamico » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:25 pm

how about heavy metals in sewer?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:28 pm

zdamico wrote:

Yup, for sure. Totally sucked.

zdamico

Bronze

Post by zdamico » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:30 pm

zdamico wrote:

Yup, for sure. Totally sucked.
By any chance to do you remember if heavy metals and/or movie rental coupons were in your 25 or 26 question LR? Really appreciate the help

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:34 pm

zdamico wrote:
By any chance to do you remember if heavy metals and/or movie rental coupons were in your 25 or 26 question LR? Really appreciate the help
If I remember correctly my test went:

LG: 23
LR: 26
RC: 27
RC: 27 (experimental, passage on bees)
LR: 25 EDITED BY MODS

Can't remember beyond 50/50 where movie rental was. I can see it on the page in my mind, but not sure which part of the test it was. I'm leaning toward my section 5.

zdamico

Bronze

Post by zdamico » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:37 pm

zdamico wrote:
If I remember correctly my test went:

LG: 23
LR: 26
RC: 27
RC: 27 (experimental, passage on bees)
LR: 25EDITED BY MODS

Can't remember beyond 50/50 where movie rental was. I can see it on the page in my mind, but not sure which part of the test it was. I'm leaning toward my section 5.
Thanks! One of my 25s had only 4 questions (22-25) on the last two pages spread, while the other had I think 5 or 6 on the last 2 page spread. Any clue what your 25er was like, structurally?

Last question, I promise. Damn having LR as Experimental

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”