PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

mattviphky

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby mattviphky » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:24 pm

well congrats on the good rc and lr scores anyway!

srrrrh

Postby srrrrh » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:36 pm

yeah for some reason i was really struggling with the LG this time? in the zillions of pt i took the most i ever missed was 2, sooo i'm really hoping everyone else found it difficult too :/ don't want to have to retake it in december

CattyPake

Postby CattyPake » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:49 pm

This was a retake for me and I actually didn't think the LG was that bad (but LG are my weak point so I massively studied them for this test). The 3rd game with bikes actually reminded me of the oldest LG games where weird setups are common.

Actually when I first saw the 3rd game, I almost freaked the f- out because I thought LSAT was bringing back old LG games where you sometimes have to rotate things through a couple different days (like 5 :shock: ). So I guess, on the bright side, the 3rd game could have been worse?

mezzajoy

Postby mezzajoy » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:01 am

I'm relieved (somewhat) that LG was confusing for many. I usually only get -3 at maximum and that does not happen a lot.

i've got two LGs though. the second one was ugh. no bikes game either..

kneedrag

Postby kneedrag » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 am

This thread finally got me to register. I had just lurked up until now.

Long story short, I too had NEVER had an issue with time on the LG, always my strongest section, I find them fun. I usually only missed 1-2, but about crapped myself when I realized what happened to my pacing and time. I hadn't even thought much about it because I always finish quickly.

I kept hoping that the section as experimental, but obviously no such luck.

It was a bummer because coming out of the first LR section (which I finished with 10 minutes to go) I was feeling really good. I took a lot to minimize the impact of such a meltdown.

This was my first time, and for reasons I won't drag the thread down, I'm not going to wait another cycle. It leaves me in the wonderful midland with the rest of you of "will my bastardized score eff my application, and by how much?"

I'm going to prepare just like I'm going to apply. I don't think I'll cancel, if it turns out that its far worse than I anticipated, I'll have to play the apply early vs re-take game. It is so frustrating. If it had happened on the last section, or ANY OTHER SECTION other than LG, it wouldn't have been as bad. The only consolation I have is that I know TLS has lots of people that truly prepared for the test, and there are some of you that appear to have had the same issue I did. Its just the way the cookie crumbles some times I guess.

Ugh.

PS - I don't know who is more upset with the performance, me, or my liver.

asunshinee

Postby asunshinee » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:19 pm

kneedrag wrote:This thread finally got me to register. I had just lurked up until now.

Long story short, I too had NEVER had an issue with time on the LG, always my strongest section, I find them fun. I usually only missed 1-2, but about crapped myself when I realized what happened to my pacing and time. I hadn't even thought much about it because I always finish quickly.

I kept hoping that the section as experimental, but obviously no such luck.

It was a bummer because coming out of the first LR section (which I finished with 10 minutes to go) I was feeling really good. I took a lot to minimize the impact of such a meltdown.

This was my first time, and for reasons I won't drag the thread down, I'm not going to wait another cycle. It leaves me in the wonderful midland with the rest of you of "will my bastardized score eff my application, and by how much?"

I'm going to prepare just like I'm going to apply. I don't think I'll cancel, if it turns out that its far worse than I anticipated, I'll have to play the apply early vs re-take game. It is so frustrating. If it had happened on the last section, or ANY OTHER SECTION other than LG, it wouldn't have been as bad. The only consolation I have is that I know TLS has lots of people that truly prepared for the test, and there are some of you that appear to have had the same issue I did. Its just the way the cookie crumbles some times I guess.

Ugh.

PS - I don't know who is more upset with the performance, me, or my liver.

The LG was my FIRST section. I had one of those moments where I thought I might cry and I didn't want to be THAT girl that breaks down in the middle of the LSAT, talk about embarrassing.

I tried to drink away my sorrows but I was too shocked at my performance to even drink heavily.

BASICALLY we have about 21 days to feel sorry for ourselves, and then it is time for a retake or just suck it up and apply early. Applying next cycle is not an option for me either.

Good luck to us!

law_girl1

Postby law_girl1 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:32 pm

I can't even remember the games its so freaky. All I know is that this set of LG was totally wack. The 3rd and 4th games really screwed me over. It was my 1st section too and after that it was ALL I could think about. Talk about torture.

chuffedtobits

Postby chuffedtobits » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Same as almost everyone else here. Always a perfect LG person. Messed up badly Saturday. Conflicted with canceling. I think the deadline is Wednesday by fax?

In my case I completely skipped a problem in the second game somehow and thus mis-bubbled. By the time I realized I was already setting up the rules for the last game. Imagine my panic. Had I known about the hand scoring option I would have gladly taken the -1. Since I freaked out instead I lost focus and ended up guessing pretty much blindly most of the last game. The other LG section which just "had to be" experimental was a breeze.

It's my "first" take in 6 years. So I am leaning on taking the hit as the rest of the exam seemed worryingly or not simpler than the recent tests. Still I felt like this could have been a 177 performance had I not slipped. Since I would be devastated with a 16X next to my shiny old score, I am going to retake no matter what. Unfortunately it might have the effect of pushing my application until next year and I am really not interested in delaying my life that long.

My advice? Go with your instincts.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:32 pm

Been too depressed to get on here after my ghastly performance on the LG section.

I see that a lot of other people are sharing my concerns. I don't recall exactly what the topics were on the ones I got rocked on, but I completely got decimated on the second and third game. Wtf? Like several others, I normally miss 1 or 2 on the LG section as well, but I guessed like hell on this one... :-\...

I am also shooting for UT, but I won't cancel in case my RC and LR evens it out... Doubt it, though.

Good luck!

vodkashot

Postby vodkashot » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:54 pm

I'll also chime in with the "screwed up LG" chorus here.

I practiced LG insanely going into the Oct. LSAT (e.g. doing most of the past games 3+ times each and finishing some LG sections in about 20 minutes) but I don't even know what happened on Saturday...I guessed about 5 or 6 questions, and I'm pretty sure I botched up diagramming the 4th game, which probably made the non-guessed answers to that game wrong anyways.

I wasn't going to cancel because I thought I did fairly well on LR and RC, but I've been second-guessing myself since people have been worrying about some of the LR questions....

asunshinee

Postby asunshinee » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:15 pm

vodkashot wrote:I'll also chime in with the "screwed up LG" chorus here.

I practiced LG insanely going into the Oct. LSAT (e.g. doing most of the past games 3+ times each and finishing some LG sections in about 20 minutes) but I don't even know what happened on Saturday...I guessed about 5 or 6 questions, and I'm pretty sure I botched up diagramming the 4th game, which probably made the non-guessed answers to that game wrong anyways.

I wasn't going to cancel because I thought I did fairly well on LR and RC, but I've been second-guessing myself since people have been worrying about some of the LR questions....

I was pretty confident about LR as well, and the more I'm on this site.. the less confident I become.

I would go with your gut feeling that you did well on LR and not cancel.

CodyRuegger

Postby CodyRuegger » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:35 pm

chuffedtobits wrote:In my case I completely skipped a problem in the second game somehow and thus mis-bubbled. By the time I realized I was already setting up the rules for the last game. Imagine my panic.

I had a similar situation on one of the LR's. I had everything from 11-end bubbled one problem behind. Wasted about 90 seconds that could have been spent reviewing answers, but I'm really just glad I caught it, oh man. It might have been my exp though.

The bikes definitely took me about twice as long as any of the other games, as the inferences weren't really intuitive at all. I had sailed through the first two games, though, so I had enough time to sit down and work through the problems step-by-step. I think my page was covered in diagrams - gotta do what you gotta do.

Anyways, if you're certain you took a lot of unnecessary damage on the test, you can always retry. It's nice that your top schools won't ding you for multiple scores.

camwon

Postby camwon » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Same boat as everyone else here..... What did everyone decide as far as to cancel or not to cancel? I was retaking a 162 amd i think i missed very few on lr and rc so i personally leaning in the direction of not cancelling. Heres a good question: did anyone on here feel like they DIDNT royally f up the lg section?

davesmystery

Postby davesmystery » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Sign me up for this club as well. I also didn't pay attention to my pacing because LG is usually like a vacation from the rest of the test. They called 5 min. and I was still doing hypotheticals on 3, so I quit and did some work on 4 and then guessed on the rest of 3 & 4. I should have skipped 3 but my brain isn't used to accounting for all-hypothetical LG mindfucks. I can only hope that we are representative of most of the test takers and that the curve will reflect it, or that I happened to randomly guess all the right answers, either will do. October is typically more lenient with an average -12 for a 170 scale anyway.

Oddly enough, I found RC to be much much easier than most of the PTs I've taken and finished way ahead of time. Also, LR wasn't too bad but they seemed to put a few mind destroyers in the 15-20 area that made finishing with time to spare a little difficult for me. There was one in particular I have in mind that I really really hated and almost freaked over.

My school takes on the highest and I'm a retake as well. I'm keeping my score because I had huge jitters the first time around on the June 2011 and scored way below my average, this time I know I had a much better comprehension rate and feel better about this test overall.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:38 pm

Same situation as you. First time I took the LSAT I normally missed 0 LG but I just sort of had a panick attack on the LG. I guessed on over half of them. Cs all the way down the page. Spent the rest of the night hammered at my schools homecoming and wallowing. Got a 167.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”