PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

User avatar
asunshinee
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:46 am

PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby asunshinee » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:26 pm

As a lot of people seem to have done, I simply lost it on the LG section. I normally miss 0, and at most 1 on every LG section ever done. I got to the last game when they called the five minute warning and it literally freaked me out so much that I didn't diagram and guessed like an idiot. I've never had timing issues so I didn't know what it was like to be rushed. So worst case I missed -6, and best case I missed -4.

I think my first LR went well (-2 maybe -3), RC went well I believe (-2 or -3 again), and then the last LR for me was semi difficult (maybe -5?). Basically I'm debating between whether it would be better to cancel or to have 3 scores.

What I'm struggling with is that I don't want to cancel my score, if there is a chance at my target score (168). But the chance is slim. It is more likely between a 164-166.

Should I cancel or have 3 scores? I'm wanting the University of Texas, which says they don't average.

OPINIONS? I really need help making a rational decision. Respond or message me please.

Thanks.

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby emkay625 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:35 pm

asunshinee wrote:As a lot of people seem to have done, I simply lost it on the LG section. I normally miss 0, and at most 1 on every LG section ever done. I got to the last game when they called the five minute warning and it literally freaked me out so much that I didn't diagram and guessed like an idiot. I've never had timing issues so I didn't know what it was like to be rushed. So worst case I missed -6, and best case I missed -4.

I think my first LR went well (-2 maybe -3), RC went well I believe (-2 or -3 again), and then the last LR for me was semi difficult (maybe -5?). Basically I'm debating between whether it would be better to cancel or to have 3 scores.

What I'm struggling with is that I don't want to cancel my score, if there is a chance at my target score (168). But the chance is slim. It is more likely between a 164-166.

Should I cancel or have 3 scores? I'm wanting the University of Texas, which says they don't average.

OPINIONS? I really need help making a rational decision. Respond or message me please.

Thanks.


I am in the same boat, debating what to do. Are you a retaker?

User avatar
equivocation
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby equivocation » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:37 pm

I can sympathize. I had a nuclear meltdown on LG. I usually go -2/-3 (and mostly stupid mistakes). I don't know what happened but it was horrifying. For me, after that I was so irked I think the rest of my performance was tainted.

I will preface this with saying that I cancelled already - so I may not be 100% objective. If you think you had a strong performance on the rest of the sections, I say don't cancel since I think there's a good shot you could hit 168 based on what you said, but if you feel like you could do better than cancel and re-take. Good luck with your decision.

User avatar
asunshinee
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:46 am

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby asunshinee » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:37 pm

Yes, I took June as well.

I just don't know what law schools think about 3 scores. I also think its stupid to cancel my score if there is a chance it is my goal score.

I guess we can hope that everyone struggled with the LG and that the curve will reflect that.

skitlets
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:10 am

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby skitlets » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:56 pm

I lost my shit too on today's LG. I didn't even think it was that difficult but for some reason game 3 tripped me up and I ended up skipping it. Thinking back on it, I made it way more complicated than it needed to be.

I think my best possible score on this test is 168-170, but I've scored 170+ a bunch of times. Not sure if I want to keep the score or just cancel. I'm likely retaking in Dec either way.

User avatar
asunshinee
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:46 am

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby asunshinee » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:00 pm

skitlets wrote:I lost my shit too on today's LG. I didn't even think it was that difficult but for some reason game 3 tripped me up and I ended up skipping it. Thinking back on it, I made it way more complicated than it needed to be.

I think my best possible score on this test is 168-170, but I've scored 170+ a bunch of times. Not sure if I want to keep the score or just cancel. I'm likely retaking in Dec either way.


But this is your first time taking it?

That is the problem I'm having as well, I know I am capable of a higher score so it is frustrating to get lower.

joetheplumber
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby joetheplumber » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:04 pm

omg, i thought the Logic games were super hard too. Totally screwed me over. F****.

06162014123
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:40 pm

Postby 06162014123 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:05 pm

.
Last edited by 06162014123 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby lakers3peat » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:07 pm

so you guys felt the 3rd game was the hardest?

User avatar
tyro
Posts: 648
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:23 am

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby tyro » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:09 pm

lakers3peat wrote:so you guys felt the 3rd game was the hardest?

Yeah I skipped that fucking bike game after I read two sentences. The books game wasn't too bad.

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby emkay625 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:13 pm

lakers3peat wrote:so you guys felt the 3rd game was the hardest?


Yes. The 4th game (books) seemed pretty easy but the problem was game 3 ate my lunch and so I had no time left.

User avatar
Nicholasnickynic
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:24 pm

asunshinee wrote:As a lot of people seem to have done, I simply lost it on the LG section. I normally miss 0, and at most 1 on every LG section ever done. I got to the last game when they called the five minute warning and it literally freaked me out so much that I didn't diagram and guessed like an idiot. I've never had timing issues so I didn't know what it was like to be rushed. So worst case I missed -6, and best case I missed -4.

I think my first LR went well (-2 maybe -3), RC went well I believe (-2 or -3 again), and then the last LR for me was semi difficult (maybe -5?). Basically I'm debating between whether it would be better to cancel or to have 3 scores.

What I'm struggling with is that I don't want to cancel my score, if there is a chance at my target score (168). But the chance is slim. It is more likely between a 164-166.

Should I cancel or have 3 scores? I'm wanting the University of Texas, which says they don't average.

OPINIONS? I really need help making a rational decision. Respond or message me please.

Thanks.



What schools were you planning on applying to?

I think outside teh top 6 or so, they don't really care if you had to retake? Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

User avatar
Nicholasnickynic
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:25 pm

RedShift wrote:I'm really relieved I'm not the only one this happened to. I never once PTd worse than -1 on LG, and I usually had 3 minutes to spare on those. This time 5 minutes was called and I had just started diagramming the last game. I guessed on 3 of them and was too rushed on the others to be sure. I prayed it was the experimental, but obviously not...


Don't you get 20 minutes for the logic section? and there are usually 3 or 4 games? So 5 minutes for 1 section should have been plenty of time?

mushybrain
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby mushybrain » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:32 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:
RedShift wrote:I'm really relieved I'm not the only one this happened to. I never once PTd worse than -1 on LG, and I usually had 3 minutes to spare on those. This time 5 minutes was called and I had just started diagramming the last game. I guessed on 3 of them and was too rushed on the others to be sure. I prayed it was the experimental, but obviously not...


Don't you get 20 minutes for the logic section? and there are usually 3 or 4 games? So 5 minutes for 1 section should have been plenty of time?

What? It's a 35 minute section just like every other one.

skitlets
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:10 am

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby skitlets » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:39 pm

asunshinee wrote:
skitlets wrote:I lost my shit too on today's LG. I didn't even think it was that difficult but for some reason game 3 tripped me up and I ended up skipping it. Thinking back on it, I made it way more complicated than it needed to be.

I think my best possible score on this test is 168-170, but I've scored 170+ a bunch of times. Not sure if I want to keep the score or just cancel. I'm likely retaking in Dec either way.


But this is your first time taking it?

That is the problem I'm having as well, I know I am capable of a higher score so it is frustrating to get lower.


Yeah it's my first time. I've accepted that I'll likely have to retake in December. My likely school (Hastings) and target school (Boalt) both take the highest score according to their admissions site. A 3.2 GPA makes anything T14 unlikely but I'm not giving up on the idea yet.

You can't wait until next cycle? And maybe retake in June?

itsaclassic
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby itsaclassic » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:39 pm

I found the 3rd game confusing (bikes). I skipped it and moved to the 4th. When I went back I didn't have enough time. But honestly, I was so stressed out, I couldn't figure out how to set up the 3rd game. The wording was confusing. I dunno. I hope everyone messed up on that one too...

User avatar
asunshinee
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:46 am

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby asunshinee » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:48 pm

See, I took my sweet ass time on the 3rd game, and missed out on easy points on the 4th had I had enough time.

This is ruining the celebrating I was hoping to be doing about now.

I don't want to wait until next cycle, and I could always retake in December.. I was just hoping to be moving on from the LSAT and on to applications by this time.

archangel326
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby archangel326 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:50 pm

me too.. the real game felt like a nightmare.

The real game was my first section. I finished the 1st game in 5 minutes, and then went straight to the 4th game. Due to my not reading one sentence in the intro paragraph to the game, I missed a key deduction and took 15 minutes on the 2nd game. With 10 minutes, Then I went to the 3rd game, and holy fuck. .. I could not for the life of me figure out one question.

6-7 minutes was left.. I skipped the third game and went straight to the 2nd game. By this time, I was *freaking out*. I rule drove the 2nd game, so hopefully I got the correct answers for those. I had to straight up make really educated guess on the 3rd game.

Then I had another game, which I was hoping to be the real game. It included the "ice/ocean summer/fall" game, and it was. a. breeze.

Unfortunately, from my reading of this entire section, the game I breezed through was not the real game. :(

User avatar
asunshinee
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:46 am

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby asunshinee » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:54 pm

archangel326 wrote:me too.. the real game felt like a nightmare.

The real game was my first section. I finished the 1st game in 5 minutes, and then went straight to the 4th game. Due to my not reading one sentence in the intro paragraph to the game, I missed a key deduction and took 15 minutes on the 2nd game. With 10 minutes, Then I went to the 3rd game, and holy fuck. .. I could not for the life of me figure out one question.

6-7 minutes was left.. I skipped the third game and went straight to the 2nd game. By this time, I was *freaking out*. I rule drove the 2nd game, so hopefully I got the correct answers for those. I had to straight up make really educated guess on the 3rd game.

Then I had another game, which I was hoping to be the real game. It included the "ice/ocean summer/fall" game, and it was. a. breeze.

Unfortunately, from my reading of this entire section, the game I breezed through was not the real game. :(



Totally feel you.
I finished the experimental with 10 minutes left and was 100% positive I didn't miss a single one.
The LSAT gods were not smiling upon me today. The 25 day wait is killer.

User avatar
qbt1990
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:50 pm

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby qbt1990 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Thank god, I thought the games section was VERY difficult for some reason today (maybe I made it harder than it needed to be.) Glad to know it's not just me

dba415
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:50 pm

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby dba415 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:13 pm

REMEMBER, if EVERYONE thought it was difficult, your score won't be affected (your raw score will) but your actual score since it is based upon percentiles will NOT.

mtmorce
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby mtmorce » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:01 pm

I have to agree with everyone here. I usually pt at -1 to -3 tops for LG, overall pt typically being about a 173. I rocked the first two- finished both in 11 minutes, no problems, then choked when I got to 3. I filled in the few of questions, then realized the rest was hypothetical after hypothetical and moved onto 4. Was so freaked over 3 that I had to guess on a total of 6 for the section... SO INFURIATING! If I get one correct point out of those 6 guesses, I could still pull out okay... especially because my Logical Reasoning (all 3) felt easier than usual and my Reading I nearly finished (with the exception of two questions.)

I wish the essay counted for more. I derived sick pleasure from picking the underdog position and then knocking it out.

User avatar
cmckid
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby cmckid » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:07 pm

I don't remember the bike game. Can someone tell me what framework it was (i.e.: linear, linear/matching, selection, etc). I remember having a little time trouble with the 4th game, the shelves, just because I started to run out of time. My friend and I are getting mildly concerned about bikes, so someone please tell me what the layout was.

User avatar
Tim0thy222
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:57 am

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby Tim0thy222 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:12 pm

cmckid wrote:I don't remember the bike game. Can someone tell me what framework it was (i.e.: linear, linear/matching, selection, etc). I remember having a little time trouble with the 4th game, the shelves, just because I started to run out of time. My friend and I are getting mildly concerned about bikes, so someone please tell me what the layout was.


+1

I remember having trouble with the 3rd and 4th games, and I remember the books, but not the bikes. Maybe I blocked it out?

User avatar
Kess
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: PLEASE READ! Lost my shit on LG and NEED help with decision

Postby Kess » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Tim0thy222 wrote:
cmckid wrote:I don't remember the bike game. Can someone tell me what framework it was (i.e.: linear, linear/matching, selection, etc). I remember having a little time trouble with the 4th game, the shelves, just because I started to run out of time. My friend and I are getting mildly concerned about bikes, so someone please tell me what the layout was.


+1

I remember having trouble with the 3rd and 4th games, and I remember the books, but not the bikes. Maybe I blocked it out?


+1

Same, I keep telling myself that I hope this doesn't mean I didn't do it. LOL




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Instrumental, MSNbot Media and 1 guest