Taking December LSAT, need help on choosing course! Help!!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
amnesiac84

New

Taking December LSAT, need help on choosing course! Help!!!!

Post by amnesiac84 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:53 pm

Hey everyone,
i will be taking the december lsat this year, i have been studying since the end of august from the Manhattan books, PS books and Kaplan test prep materials.

I really need to get a good score since this will be my only attempt at the lsat this year so i need your opinion on what program would help the most in this short amount of time.

Here's what i've been looking at:
Blueprint, Manhattan LSAT, PS or Velocity LSAT.

Please remember i have two months to fine tune my lsat skills and knowledge so the best method to a logical approach in learning quickly would be my best option.

thanks and good luck to everyone!

SarahKerrigan

Bronze

Re: Taking December LSAT, need help on choosing course! Help!!!!

Post by SarahKerrigan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:03 pm

I started Velocity a few weeks ago, and things have been going great. I would recommend this option. you can always go to velocitylsat.com and check out the free videos and decide for yourself if you like it or not. or just check out dave's thread. good luck studying!

lfrawley1101

New

Post by lfrawley1101 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:13 pm

I will not post spam.

fashiongirl

Bronze

Post by fashiongirl » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:48 pm

I would definitely recommend Blueprint. It's an amazing class with really helpful online video explanations, upgrades, and teachers. I loved every bit of the experience. In contrast, I tried taking a Testmasters course when I was still in undergrad, and the teacher(s) I had were so condescending and didn't take the time to answer questions thoroughly and clearly.

SA1928

Bronze

Post by SA1928 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Not sure if you saw this, but in case you didn't, here is a full list of people discussing their views about which lsat course to take...hope it helps you make your decision! http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=151670

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

horrorbusiness

Silver

Post by horrorbusiness » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:42 pm

i recommend velocity. choosing any one company because someone you know or someone on a forum had a good/bad teacher is insane.. no knowing you'll get that teacher or a remotely similar one. with velocity you get pure dave hall teaching, the guy that actually got a 180. not some kid that squeezed by with a 172 and needs money. my 2 cents.

wontpanic

New

Post by wontpanic » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:16 pm

I took blueprint in June and thought it was great. I was super busy with my life but I made time to go to class and do the HW. I went up 15 points but I still didn't make it over 165 (which is what I need). So once the class was over and the June LSAT passed, I took a month off. Now that I knew the question types and learned how to study I just reviewed my weak spots and took practice test 1-2 per week to review. Went up another 4-7points-but only hit over 165 once. Took the october LSAT today so we'll see....
But BPrint was a cool class. I'm in NYC and Colin is great and funny at times. You can't be the type to get offended over things that are not politically correct, however...

and also, while it is correct that whoever you do choose should have gotten a top score you also should look for a class that will keep you awake...

amnesiac84

New

Post by amnesiac84 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:22 am

There are a couple of posts here that seem spammy, but anyways i am looking at the velocity one but don't understand what it is, i would take it online since i live in puerto rico so is this only the videos online or what?

It says something about some books but international shipping is a ridiculous $50 bucks.

Can anyone comment if these are just videos and are they any good?
I mean it's $600 just for videos?

Thanks for any help.

Also can i take advantage of this course for the time left for the december lsat?
Last edited by amnesiac84 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

SarahKerrigan

Bronze

Post by SarahKerrigan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:30 am

amnesiac84 wrote:There are a couple of posts here that seem spammy, but anyways i am looking at the velocity one but don't understand what it is, i would take it online since i live in puerto rico so is this only the videos online or what?

It says something about some books but international shipping is a ridiculous $50 bucks.

Can anyone comment if these are just videos and are they any good?
I mean it's $600 just for videos?

Thanks for any help.
If your talking about Velocity, the $600 includes all the videos + all the books. International shipping always costs a lot, i spent $40 to get my keyboard shipped from taiwan ><, but this keyboard is beast so its worth it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

amnesiac84

New

Post by amnesiac84 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:36 am

Can you complete enough material of this course before the december lsat for it to be worth the $600 investment?

thx

SarahKerrigan

Bronze

Post by SarahKerrigan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:41 am

amnesiac84 wrote:Can you complete enough material of this course before the december lsat for it to be worth the $600 investment?

thx
hmm well honestly that really depends on how much time you have each day. do you work or go to school? if you do, i think you will have a hard time finishing everything. the reading comp book is 222 pages, the LR book is 494, games is 19. and then you get the practice exam book which is 9 tests. and 50 hours of video, so honestly that will be a lot of stuff to go through, if you are working or going to school.

amnesiac84

New

Post by amnesiac84 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:54 am

No school,work from home at own schedule.

Is 8 hours a day enough?
Also i have the manhattan books which i think could be enough for LG and RC but i am struggling hard on LR.

Is the LG and RC material from velocity superior?

I mean i could save $300 i guess but if the bundle is better id get the bundle.

thx for the quick replies, i need whichever course on monday.

SarahKerrigan

Bronze

Post by SarahKerrigan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:25 am

amnesiac84 wrote:No school,work from home at own schedule.

Is 8 hours a day enough?
Also i have the manhattan books which i think could be enough for LG and RC but i am struggling hard on LR.

Is the LG and RC material from velocity superior?

I mean i could save $300 i guess but if the bundle is better id get the bundle.

thx for the quick replies, i need whichever course on monday.
i would say if you spent 8 hours a day you should be able to finish everything. As far as the manhattan stuff goes, i cant say because i haven't used them.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”