OCT 2011 Experimental Section

mickeyD

Re: OCT 2011 Experimental Section

Postby mickeyD » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:18 pm

I had 25-26-26, absolutely sure. In my first section, I had sewage-metal-antibiotics, absolutely sure.

Someone with 2 LR only please tell me that you know which question I'm talking about.

puff0ffluff

Postby puff0ffluff » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

mickeyD wrote:I had 25-26-26, absolutely sure. In my first section, I had sewage-metal-antibiotics, absolutely sure.

Someone with 2 LR only please tell me that you know which question I'm talking about.

oh dear... sewage-metal-antibiotics was in the 25 question one?

if so, people with 25-26-25, i'm afraid i might see a lot of u in december

benito

Postby benito » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Just because people are wrong doesn't mean they are intentionally trying to deceive. Lots of people create accounts today being a new poster doesn't mean anything either. Having said that, anyone who says the experimental section was after the break is wrong.

qbt1990

Postby qbt1990 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:29 pm

akhan4489 wrote:Does anyone know how the experimental actually works? I feel like if more people knew there wouldn't be this much confusion.

Let me try to explain (not sure if this will make sense): The experimental section takes place at the same time for everyone. Period. No discussion. And yes technically LSAC can put it in the 4 or 5 slot but they never have before, and after you read my explanation I think you'll all agree that today wasn't a "first" by any means.

So say for example, the experimental day for any administration is section 3. That means everyone is taking an unscored section during that time. Now, this experimental section could be anything: LR, LG, or RC. And yes, typically all three will be out there as exp sections. All during section 3, but different from examinee to examinee.

Meanwhile, sections 1, 2, 4, 5, are real/scored sections, obviously. And yes, from these 4 scored sections, the two scored LR sections and the 1 scored LG and RC section (each) will all be the same for everyone.
(Here comes the trip)-- However, what LSAC does to add some variability is the following: sections 1 and 2 will be switched, and sections 4 and 5 will be switched. Think about this and see if it makes sense. (A good way to check this is by realizing: was there any section for which people are claiming to have gotten LR, LG, AND RC? If all three sections occur during one section, then that is the exp. Simple.)

So for example: Assuming that for any given administration, section 3 is exp, then the orders of the sections can go:
1(LG) - 2(LR) - 3(LG/LR/RC...exp) - 4(RC) - 5(LR) or
1(LR) - 2(LG) - 3(LG/LR/RC...exp) - 4(LR) - 5(RC)

In conclusion, there are six possible versions of the test...think about it logic games style or common sense style. In the above example, once you realize section 3 was exp, it becomes easy to see that all they do is switch sections 4 and 5, as well as the two (of three) non-experimental sections before the break. Hope this helps everyone...

And no, there are never two different LR or RC or LG sections. For every administration there are 2 scored LRs, 1 scored LG, and 1 scored RC...then there is one of each as exp, all given during the same time slot.

Does anyone know how accurate this is?? i have confirmed from my friend that her experimental logic games section was 3rd, and another friend that her experimental reading comp section was 3rd (overall). I just strongly remember my testmasters instructor saying that the experimental section - and its placement in the test - may NOT be the same for everyone. Someone could have an LG section first be their experimental, whereas someone else could have their 3rd section (RC) as their experimental. Can anyone clarify?

bmp

Postby bmp » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:32 pm

mickeyD wrote:I had 25-26-26, absolutely sure. In my first section, I had sewage-metal-antibiotics, absolutely sure.

yes i had only 2 LR's and i had this questions.. i thought it was my last LR which for me was 5th but it is possible it was my 2nd section.. hard to recall at this point.

gaud

Postby gaud » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:37 pm

I had two LR's and had that question too.... also i did have some fill in the blank questions within the first 8... can't recall if both of those were on the same section but either way i can tell you that those lr's were the real ones

happyshapy

Postby happyshapy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:37 pm

-
Last edited by happyshapy on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

happyshapy

Postby happyshapy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:43 pm

-
Last edited by happyshapy on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

benito

Postby benito » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:43 pm

qbt1990 wrote:
akhan4489 wrote:Does anyone know how the experimental actually works? I feel like if more people knew there wouldn't be this much confusion.

Let me try to explain (not sure if this will make sense): The experimental section takes place at the same time for everyone. Period. No discussion. And yes technically LSAC can put it in the 4 or 5 slot but they never have before, and after you read my explanation I think you'll all agree that today wasn't a "first" by any means.

So say for example, the experimental day for any administration is section 3. That means everyone is taking an unscored section during that time. Now, this experimental section could be anything: LR, LG, or RC. And yes, typically all three will be out there as exp sections. All during section 3, but different from examinee to examinee.

Meanwhile, sections 1, 2, 4, 5, are real/scored sections, obviously. And yes, from these 4 scored sections, the two scored LR sections and the 1 scored LG and RC section (each) will all be the same for everyone.
(Here comes the trip)-- However, what LSAC does to add some variability is the following: sections 1 and 2 will be switched, and sections 4 and 5 will be switched. Think about this and see if it makes sense. (A good way to check this is by realizing: was there any section for which people are claiming to have gotten LR, LG, AND RC? If all three sections occur during one section, then that is the exp. Simple.)

So for example: Assuming that for any given administration, section 3 is exp, then the orders of the sections can go:
1(LG) - 2(LR) - 3(LG/LR/RC...exp) - 4(RC) - 5(LR) or
1(LR) - 2(LG) - 3(LG/LR/RC...exp) - 4(LR) - 5(RC)

In conclusion, there are six possible versions of the test...think about it logic games style or common sense style. In the above example, once you realize section 3 was exp, it becomes easy to see that all they do is switch sections 4 and 5, as well as the two (of three) non-experimental sections before the break. Hope this helps everyone...

And no, there are never two different LR or RC or LG sections. For every administration there are 2 scored LRs, 1 scored LG, and 1 scored RC...then there is one of each as exp, all given during the same time slot.

Does anyone know how accurate this is?? i have confirmed from my friend that her experimental logic games section was 3rd, and another friend that her experimental reading comp section was 3rd (overall). I just strongly remember my testmasters instructor saying that the experimental section - and its placement in the test - may NOT be the same for everyone. Someone could have an LG section first be their experimental, whereas someone else could have their 3rd section (RC) as their experimental. Can anyone clarify?

Nope this is just wrong, I took it last December at the same time as my girlfriend, her experimental section ended up being the first one and mine was the second one. Its amazing the nonsense people will throw out there the day after the LSAT, for what reason I don't know.....

hula_gurl

Postby hula_gurl » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:44 pm

First of all, I am a real person (PM, and we can skype if you want). I am aware that some people will be wary of my post because I just joined today, but those people are assuming that those who have any real reason to post here, have already done so in the past. I've spent the last 4 months studying for the test (not on forums) and did not see any advantage to joining a forum until today (the day I took the test) to see if there was a general consensus about which LG section was experimental. Anyone who will say that people joining today are fictitious liars (or one singular liar) is clearly not using their critical thinking skills that are so important to a successful law student/attorney.

That being said, I am not trying to say what section was the experimental. I am only going to answer the questions that others have brought to the board as to whether or not I saw them.

I HAD 2 LG SECTIONS: LG-LR-LG-LR-RC

LR Sections:
"Complete the paragraph..." - YES
Dostoyevsky - YES
Economic principle/criminals - YES
Crimes of passion/deliberate crimes - YES
Mickey's Pizza - YES
Video store members - YES
Evolutionary Psych (group genetics) - YES
Galaxies and mass in the universe - YES
Flower fragrances/colors - NO
Bacteria in sewage w/heavy metals - YES
Dogs and their masters - NO
Apes in mirrors (WTF?!) - NO
Hot spots - YES
Using a superconductor to make energy efficient vs. traditional - YES
Chiropractor/back pain - NO
Gossip in office - NO
Monkeys nursing their babies (Again....WFT?!!) - NO
Australian sheep wool - NO
Boat noise affects whales - YES

RC Sections:
Bees - NO
Frankenstein - NO
National Park - NO
Morals vs. Law - NO
Mexican Proverbs - YES

mike22222

Postby mike22222 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Up until the June 2007 LSAT, the experimental section number was the same for every test taker (for example, on the December 2006 LSAT every test taker in the country had section 1 as their experimental). See here for a listing of the experimental sections from 1995 to 2006. In June 2007, Law Services began using test forms that gave different experimental section numbers to different students

this is a quote from powerscore.com check it if you want to. point is: NOT everyone had their EXP the SAME SECTION NUMBER. before june 2007 that was true but not anynmore since then

mike22222

Postby mike22222 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:50 pm

@Hula girl: i had both dog masters and monkeys nursing for sure.
however i did not have the monkeys in the mirror.
there are more than one version of LR exp.
but since you had 2 LR s and the metal one was in yours, it mneans that section was real.

also, hulagirl did you have a quest about tornadoes? and their climate factors and recording? just wanna double check it

puff0ffluff

Postby puff0ffluff » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:52 pm

hula_gurl wrote:First of all, I am a real person (PM, and we can skype if you want). I am aware that some people will be wary of my post because I just joined today, but those people are assuming that those who have any real reason to post here, have already done so in the past. I've spent the last 4 months studying for the test (not on forums) and did not see any advantage to joining a forum until today (the day I took the test) to see if there was a general consensus about which LG section was experimental. Anyone who will say that people joining today are fictitious liars (or one singular liar) is clearly not using their critical thinking skills that are so important to a successful law student/attorney.

That being said, I am not trying to say what section was the experimental. I am only going to answer the questions that others have brought to the board as to whether or not I saw them.

LR Sections:
Dostoyevsky - YES
Mickey's Pizza - YES
Hot spots - YES
Gossip in office - NO

RC Sections:
Bees - NO
Frankenstein - NO
National Park - NO
Morals vs. Law - NO
Mexican Proverbs - YES

question: did ur 25 LR section have roughly evenly spread answers in the beginning... or mostly alternating between two answers?

mike22222

Postby mike22222 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:55 pm

that clears it for 3 LR people !! if you had monkeys in mirror = EXP. if you had monkeys nursing also an EXP (obviously you couldn't have both since you only get one EXp, but there are more than one type of LR exp distributed

briviere

Postby briviere » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:02 pm

mike22222 wrote:that clears it for 3 LR people !! if you had monkeys in mirror = EXP. if you had monkeys nursing also an EXP (obviously you couldn't have both since you only get one EXp, but there are more than one type of LR exp distributed

+1

seems like this must be correct from my writing today. I had 3LRs btw.

akhan4489

Postby akhan4489 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:04 pm

For those of you who aren't believing me, you all simply have not sat there and recorded everyone's responses as to what sections they got and in what order. Because once you do that, and once you apply my proposed theory/method/logic/whatever, you'll see that it proves true. And as for this kid who keeps claiming that the exp was section 4, and that he heard something from his gf and from his TestMasters instructor all I can say is: listen more carefully. I'm willing to bet your TM instructor said that something along the lines of: "The exp section can come up at any time and with any section, different students will have different sections." (Not different times...)

And yeah, I consulted with my gf too, last October and today, we both had exp section two last time and we both had it during section three today.

I had LG - LR - LG - RC - LR ... she had LG - LR - RC - RC - LR ...She also says that when she had RC, (I had LG during this time) that the kid next to her seems to have had LR...umm, anyone who's been around the LSAT for more than a 2.5-3 month long PrepCourse knows that the exp section was section 3 today. You could tell by just reading the section 3 games...I'm sure if I had section 3 LR I could tell too, from what I hear, 10 parallel questions in 1 LR section is a gift from LSAC saying, Go ahead, rest your brain for these next 35 minutes while everyone else works on lowering their score. That's the message I got from my 2nd LG (section 3)...

mickeyD

Postby mickeyD » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:05 pm

The 25Q LR1 had the discount coupon for people who rented 10 movies or more/did not rent 10 movies or more.

Please tell me someone had this with only 2 LRs, this section was so easy.

mike22222

Postby mike22222 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:06 pm

mickeyD wrote:The 25Q LR1 had the discount coupon for people who rented 10 movies or more/did not rent 10 movies or more.

was that the same section with swege metal anti-bio and the tornadoes?

akhan4489

Postby akhan4489 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:07 pm

puff0ffluff wrote:
hula_gurl wrote:First of all, I am a real person (PM, and we can skype if you want). I am aware that some people will be wary of my post because I just joined today, but those people are assuming that those who have any real reason to post here, have already done so in the past. I've spent the last 4 months studying for the test (not on forums) and did not see any advantage to joining a forum until today (the day I took the test) to see if there was a general consensus about which LG section was experimental. Anyone who will say that people joining today are fictitious liars (or one singular liar) is clearly not using their critical thinking skills that are so important to a successful law student/attorney.

LR Sections:
Dostoyevsky - YES
Mickey's Pizza - YES
Hot spots - YES
Gossip in office - NO

RC Sections:
Bees - NO
Frankenstein - NO
National Park - NO
Morals vs. Law - NO
Mexican Proverbs - YES

question: did ur 25 LR section have roughly evenly spread answers in the beginning... or mostly alternating between two answers?

I had LG - LR - LG - RC - LR
For the first LR, I did not have evenly spread answers, they were definitely clumpy, as were my girlfriend's. This has been my only concern from the test, and from experience I know its not a big one...but it's still never fun having the answers look like that.

hula_gurl

Postby hula_gurl » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:08 pm

mike22222 wrote:@Hula girl: i had both dog masters and monkeys nursing for sure.
however i did not have the monkeys in the mirror.
there are more than one version of LR exp.
but since you had 2 LR s and the metal one was in yours, it mneans that section was real.

also, hulagirl did you have a quest about tornadoes? and their climate factors and recording? just wanna double check it

No, I don't recall one about tornadoes but I could be wrong. That's why I didn't include it in my list, because I wasn't 100% sure if I had it. The others I posted, though, I am positive about.
Last edited by hula_gurl on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akhan4489

Postby akhan4489 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:08 pm

mike22222 wrote:
mickeyD wrote:The 25Q LR1 had the discount coupon for people who rented 10 movies or more/did not rent 10 movies or more.

was that the same section with swege metal anti-bio and the tornadoes?

Yes to both of these. I had 2 LRs and I had both of these. Rest assured the exp was section 3.

hula_gurl

Postby hula_gurl » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:09 pm

puff0ffluff wrote:

Sorry, I honestly don't pay attention to groupings on my answer sheet.

mike22222

Postby mike22222 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:11 pm

and the hot spots question was at the beginning right?

happyshapy

Postby happyshapy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:11 pm

akhan4489 wrote:For those of you who aren't believing me, you all simply have not sat there and recorded everyone's responses as to what sections they got and in what order. Because once you do that, and once you apply my proposed theory/method/logic/whatever, you'll see that it proves true. And as for this kid who keeps claiming that the exp was section 4, and that he heard something from his gf and from his TestMasters instructor all I can say is: listen more carefully. I'm willing to bet your TM instructor said that something along the lines of: "The exp section can come up at any time and with any section, different students will have different sections." (Not different times...)

And yeah, I consulted with my gf too, last October and today, we both had exp section two last time and we both had it during section three today.

I had LG - LR - LG - RC - LR ... she had LG - LR - RC - RC - LR ...She also says that when she had RC, (I had LG during this time) that the kid next to her seems to have had LR...umm, anyone who's been around the LSAT for more than a 2.5-3 month long PrepCourse knows that the exp section was section 3 today. You could tell by just reading the section 3 games...I'm sure if I had section 3 LR I could tell too, from what I hear, 10 parallel questions in 1 LR section is a gift from LSAC saying, Go ahead, rest your brain for these next 35 minutes while everyone else works on lowering their score. That's the message I got from my 2nd LG (section 3)...

have you not read any of these posts? ppl with only two lr sections had the one with 10 parallel reasoning questions, which for me third and the ONLY consensus i've gotten from this board so far has been that the lr section that i had third had real questions. micky's pizza, personal computers, jokes, ect.

is it that hard to believe that lsac decided to change up the test?

hula_gurl

Postby hula_gurl » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:11 pm

Yes, I had it and I had 2 LG sections

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”