OCT 2011 Experimental Section Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
neeko

Silver

Re: OCT 2011 Experimental Section

Post by neeko » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:01 pm

kingjones59 wrote:We still have not figured out why some people who had LR LG LR LR RC had 26/25/26 for their questions and others had 25/26/25. I still do not believe that the 4th section would be experimental. It seems to me that would compromise the fairness of the test. It seems to me that before break/after break can affect scores based on stamina, snack, tiredness etc. I know it sounds like I am talking out of my a** but LSAC has had to have had a reason up to this point for always having the experimental before the break
This.
I find it hard to believe they would suddenly do this, but still leave the RC and LG exp in the first 3.

zdamico

Bronze

Post by zdamico » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:03 pm

drobe24 wrote:Did anyone who had the RC or LG experimental have a LR question about galaxies and the mass of the universe?
Which section was this for you? And what was your setup (Question amount wise)

happyshapy

Bronze

Post by happyshapy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:04 pm

-
Last edited by happyshapy on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

benito

Bronze

Post by benito » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:04 pm

patrickj11288 wrote:had LR (25) LG (23) LR (26) LR (26) RC (27)

Figure the third one was the expirimental. It had two questions out of the first 8 that were "complete the paragraph". Had never seen that before. Cant imagine it was real.....
The LR section with two complete the paragraph querstions at the beginning was real. It was my fifth section I only had two LR so they were both real. Sorry to be bearer of bad news

benito

Bronze

Post by benito » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:05 pm

zdamico wrote:
drobe24 wrote:Did anyone who had the RC or LG experimental have a LR question about galaxies and the mass of the universe?
Which section was this for you? And what was your setup (Question amount wise)
Yes I had the LR section. And my RC was experimental

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bstbll

New

Post by Bstbll » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:05 pm

Everyone else is talking about question topics, so I'll just go ahead and do it I guess.

For me, there was one section (1) with questions about 1. choosing game show prizes, and 2. bacteria in sewage with heavy metal. One section (3) had questions about 1. the acceptability of going into other peoples' computers and 2. pizza chains accepting coupons (this section had a couple really long questions). And one section (4) had questions about 1. dogs emotional attachment to their masters (or something along those lines), and 2. great apes recognizing themselves in the mirror. Dogs and apes were the experimental, according to everyone I've spoken to.

benito

Bronze

Post by benito » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:06 pm

szb5058 wrote:
Bstbll wrote:Guys, I spoke with my girlfriend, who was also taking the lsat today. She had the double lg test, I had a triple lr (1-3-4, 25-26-25). I specifically made sure I remembered a few questions from each lr section to ask her if she had them. When we compared, she remembered having questions from 1 and 3 for me, which makes me think the experimental was 4, even though that isn't supposed to happen. I'm absolutely positive the questions were from the right sections (I specifically checked each section to make sure), and she remembered the questions i was talking about before I even finished discussing them, so I dont see any other explanation. The lr experimental was number 4 if you had the same order as me.

EDIT: and no, the real lg didn't have ice expeditions. The real one had books, bikes, and ambassadors.
completely agree with you. it was the fourth.

srry people, your experimental section was one of the first three.

happyshapy

Bronze

Post by happyshapy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:08 pm

these are exactly the same ones I had. FUCK. the one with apes and dogs was extremely easy. it was my only redemption for fucking up LG

kedinik

New

Post by kedinik » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Last edited by kedinik on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

zdamico

Bronze

Post by zdamico » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Bstbll wrote:Everyone else is talking about question topics, so I'll just go ahead and do it I guess.

For me, there was one section (1) with questions about 1. choosing game show prizes, and 2. bacteria in sewage with heavy metal. One section (3) had questions about 1. the acceptability of going into other peoples' computers and 2. pizza chains accepting coupons (this section had a couple really long questions). And one section (4) had questions about 1. dogs emotional attachment to their masters (or something along those lines), and 2. great apes recognizing themselves in the mirror. Dogs and apes were the experimental, according to everyone I've spoken to.
Woah. You might get banned for this. But. Did your third LR(section 4) have 26 or 25. How many questions were in each section?

Mine had 25. And I had questions from both the first two, but I don't remember anything like those other ones.

drobe24

New

Post by drobe24 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Have we reached a consensus on how many total scored questions there were?

I had LR(25)-LG(23)-LR(26)-LR(26)-RC(27)
I am almost certain on this. And I would bet my little doggy on it.

There are normally 101 total questions right?
Unless the LR after the break was experimental, then the experimental had to be the 3rd section.

benito

Bronze

Post by benito » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:11 pm

drobe24 wrote:Have we reached a consensus on how many total scored questions there were?

I had LR(25)-LG(23)-LR(26)-LR(26)-RC(27)
I am almost certain on this. And I would bet my little doggy on it.

There are normally 101 total questions right?
Unless the LR after the break was experimental, then the experimental had to be the 3rd section.

I have seen plenty of tests with only 100 questions and even some with 102. There isn't any reliable way to determine the experimental by counting questions per section.

qbt1990

New

Post by qbt1990 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:12 pm

Bstbll wrote:
kingjones59 wrote:two first-time posters trying to say a LR after the break was experimental....dont believe it

Believe me or not. I promise you I'm telling the truth, talk to some of your friends who also took it. There's no actual rule that says the experimental can't be after the break, it's just a pattern they've followed in the past, you'll see that I'm right. I'd post the topics of the actual questions I used to compare so you can see for yourself, but I'm pretty sure i'd get banned for that. To be fair though, wouldn't I also lie about the games if I was trying to be a ****?

Anyways, I'm just putting it out there. Believe me or not, you'll agree with me in a couple weeks.

EDIT: real rc was dostoyevsky, evolutionary psychology, Mexican American proverbs, and unified something theory (something from economics) applied to crime.

for what it's worth, I'm PRAYING you're right. I hope section 3 for me was the experimental (had one really long principle question), I was the least comfortable with that one. Unfortunately I don't think it's the case.
I know this sounds weird but I totally agree with you!! I thought it was impossible to have a 4th experimental section but my best friend remembers LR questions from both section 1 and 3 (i'm CONFIDENT they were from 1 and 3) but not the fourth section. Just putting it out there guys

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kedinik

New

Post by kedinik » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:12 pm

Last edited by kedinik on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeylikesit

Bronze

Post by mikeylikesit » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:13 pm

Bstbll wrote:Everyone else is talking about question topics, so I'll just go ahead and do it I guess.

I had only 2 LR sections, definitely had the first two you talked about. Definitely did not have dogs and apes.
Last edited by mikeylikesit on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MalcolmM26

New

Post by MalcolmM26 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:14 pm

Just created an acct so I can discuss this..

I had 3 LRs.....My test went LR(25)- LG(23)-LR(26)-LR(25)-RC(27)

I'm praying that the first is experimental b/c I bombed it and did very well on the other 2...Especially the 4th one.

First one didn't seem any more difficult, I just was still half asleep and kept having to re-read.

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:14 pm

Um i had 3 LR sections. I got same section as your first one but the second one I haven't seen it.

I think there were TWO DIFFERENT experimental sections for LG and LR.

Does anyone remember if an LR had one about the oxygen consumption/global warming on animals in the arctic/tropics?
is that experimental or not?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

zdamico

Bronze

Post by zdamico » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:15 pm

MalcolmM26 wrote:Just created a acct so I could discuss this..

I had 3 LRs.....My test went LR(25)- LG(23)-LR(26)-LR(25)-RC(27)

I'm praying that the first is experimental b/c I bombed it and did very well on the other 2...Especially the 4th one.

First one didn't seem any more difficult, I just was still half asleep and kept having to re-read.
What was on your fourth?

And for people with dogs/apes, how many questions in that section?

kedinik

New

Post by kedinik » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Last edited by kedinik on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

happyshapy

Bronze

Post by happyshapy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:15 pm

-
Last edited by happyshapy on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bstbll

New

Post by Bstbll » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:16 pm

zdamico wrote:
Woah. You might get banned for this. But. Did your third LR(section 4) have 26 or 25. How many questions were in each section?

Mine had 25. And I had questions from both the first two, but I don't remember anything like those other ones.
I'll be honest, I can't remember. I didn't think to keep track of the number of questions (stupid I know, I'm sorry)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:18 pm

zdamico wrote:

Ya, I'm not sure about the 3rd LR section he is describing (sec 4).

rivermaker

Bronze

Post by rivermaker » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:18 pm

why do i see fkin people creating new accounts to say that the experimental was the 4th section. Saw 3 people so far. Either there are fuckin trolls coming in to freak people out OR for the first time in lsat history the 4th section was the experimental. im leaning towards former, but stop doing it if you are just trolling
Last edited by rivermaker on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drobe24

New

Post by drobe24 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:19 pm

kedinik wrote:I had two RC(27).

So the correct ones were definitely LG(23), LR(25), LR(26), RC(27).
If that's the case, then there must have been two LR different experimental sections - one with 25 and one with 26.

I know I had LR25-LG23-LR26-LR26-RC27, so the third was exp.
Some people are reporting LR25-LG23-LR26-LR25-LR27, so, for them, the 1st was experimental.
Seems odd to me.

Could there be the same LR section before the break for some people and after the break for others?

Bstbll

New

Post by Bstbll » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:21 pm

rivermaker wrote:why do i see fkin people creating new accounts to say that the experimental was the 4th section. Saw 3 people so far. Either there are fuckin trolls coming in to freak people out OR for the first time in lsat history the 4th section was the experimental. im leaning towards the latter, but if you are trying to make people feel like shit you have succeeded.
I created my new account because, until today, I thought the experimental was in 1-3, just like everyone else, and was absolutely shocked when I found that mine was 4. Talking to other people has just confirmed what I've been saying.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”