OCT 2011 Experimental Section Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
learntolift

Bronze

Re: OCT 2011 Experimental Section

Post by learntolift » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:08 pm

kingjones59 wrote:
qbt1990 wrote:
rivermaker wrote:why do i see fkin people creating new accounts to say that the experimental was the 4th section. Saw 3 people so far. Either there are fuckin trolls coming in to freak people out OR for the first time in lsat history the 4th section was the experimental. im leaning towards the latter, but if you are trying to make people feel like shit you have succeeded.

No seriously don't be rude, I am not trying to freak ANYBODY out I swear on my family I have talked to 3 people now and I am confident my 4th section was experimental!! I'm freaking out too, I wanted it to be the third one and I am in shock/disbelief right now
PS I'm a nice person I'm not trying to make anyone feel like shit hahaha, trust me I am not happy with this either

Some guy created like 3 accounts to try and tell everyone the experimental was the fourth. It is not the fourth. It would make no sense for lsac to put everyone elses before the break, and EVERY TEST UNTIL TODAY before the break, and us lucky ones who had 3 LR got the experimental after the break. Funny how nobody on here can barely remember what they had for breakfast before the test, but you guys are "100% confident that the 4th is experimental". Also, look at the quote above. He changed the guy he quoted to say "im leaning toward the latter", when you if you scroll up and look at his original post he said "im leaning toward the former". Get out of here a**hole, cooley law leaving you with a bunch of time on your hands?
i have as many posts as you and have been here longer than you. and i am saying the 4th was my experimental as well. am i a troll? do i go to cooley law?

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:08 pm

benito wrote:I have seen plenty of tests with only 100 questions and even some with 102. There isn't any reliable way to determine the experimental by counting questions per section.
+1

mike22222

New

Post by mike22222 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:11 pm

bt53 wrote:@mike22222 was your first section with all the parallel reasoning questions the one that also contained the long principle question abut computers?

Yes lots of parallel ! but not sure about the principle one about computers, fuck...

camwon

New

Post by camwon » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Was the world exploration lg exp?

happyshapy

Bronze

Post by happyshapy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:14 pm

-
Last edited by happyshapy on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dianyu

New

Post by dianyu » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:15 pm

Hey everyone, first time poster, thanks so much in advance for your help.

I was wondering for those with 2 RC/LG:

Do you recall a LR beginning with a Main Point question about gossip in the office being a good thing?

Thanks so much!

mike22222

New

Post by mike22222 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:16 pm

does anyone remember the one LR with sewer metal and anti biotics?

bt53

New

Post by bt53 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:17 pm

mike22222 wrote:
bt53 wrote:@mike22222 was your first section with all the parallel reasoning questions the one that also contained the long principle question abut computers?

Yes lots of parallel ! but not sure about the principle one about computers, fuck...

Can't remember either, it just seemed like that section was experimental because of the repetition of question types (reminds me of a previous exp LG that had three very similar linear games on it). The other two lr's seemed much more balanced and similar to each other.

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:17 pm

happyshapy wrote:my section 4 had the ape question along with old/new flowers and the dog/master question. it had 25 questions
ape mirror question or ape nursing question?

we know this...
JustSomebody wrote:Yeah, I had the hot spots question and only had 2 LR.
Last edited by 941law on Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

camwon

New

Post by camwon » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:18 pm

dianyu wrote:Hey everyone, first time poster, thanks so much in advance for your help.

I was wondering for those with 2 RC/LG:

Do you recall a LR beginning with a Main Point question about gossip in the office being a good thing?

Thanks so much!
No i dont!

lkplkp

New

Post by lkplkp » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:20 pm

carpenter. wrote:
FAJISTE wrote:Dude, I had a logic games 1st section then LR then another Logic games on the 3rd section. I GOT RAPED by the 3rd section one. Overall I think I did very well on the rest of the test but that 3rd section. Soon found out it was experimental. WIN

I knew it was experimental while taking it; it was nothing like the last 10 games at all.
I had the same, but was hoping the first was experimental. The third I actually felt good about! C'est la vie!
Same with me... the first one I felt like I got a few wrong, but the third section I felt very good about!! Finished with a couple minutes to spare, but I will be very sad if it was the experimental!!

akhan4489

New

Post by akhan4489 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:23 pm

Does anyone know how the experimental actually works? I feel like if more people knew there wouldn't be this much confusion.

Let me try to explain (not sure if this will make sense): The experimental section takes place at the same time for everyone. Period. No discussion. And yes technically LSAC can put it in the 4 or 5 slot but they never have before, and after you read my explanation I think you'll all agree that today wasn't a "first" by any means.

So say for example, the experimental day for any administration is section 3. That means everyone is taking an unscored section during that time. Now, this experimental section could be anything: LR, LG, or RC. And yes, typically all three will be out there as exp sections. All during section 3, but different from examinee to examinee.

Meanwhile, sections 1, 2, 4, 5, are real/scored sections, obviously. And yes, from these 4 scored sections, the two scored LR sections and the 1 scored LG and RC section (each) will all be the same for everyone.
(Here comes the trip)-- However, what LSAC does to add some variability is the following: sections 1 and 2 will be switched, and sections 4 and 5 will be switched. Think about this and see if it makes sense. (A good way to check this is by realizing: was there any section for which people are claiming to have gotten LR, LG, AND RC? If all three sections occur during one section, then that is the exp. Simple.)

So for example: Assuming that for any given administration, section 3 is exp, then the orders of the sections can go:
1(LG) - 2(LR) - 3(LG/LR/RC...exp) - 4(RC) - 5(LR) or
1(LR) - 2(LG) - 3(LG/LR/RC...exp) - 4(LR) - 5(RC)

In conclusion, there are six possible versions of the test...think about it logic games style or common sense style. In the above example, once you realize section 3 was exp, it becomes easy to see that all they do is switch sections 4 and 5, as well as the two (of three) non-experimental sections before the break. Hope this helps everyone...

And no, there are never two different LR or RC or LG sections. For every administration there are 2 scored LRs, 1 scored LG, and 1 scored RC...then there is one of each as exp, all given during the same time slot.

mike22222

New

Post by mike22222 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:24 pm

941law wrote:
happyshapy wrote:my section 4 had the ape question along with old/new flowers and the dog/master question. it had 25 questions

we know this...
I had 3 LR and had one about monkeys nursing their babies in correlation with the fear of aggression from other monkeys. Can t recall at all anything about monkeys in the mirror. I believe there might be more than one kind of LR experimental :( fml this is confusing

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

happyshapy

Bronze

Post by happyshapy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:25 pm

941law wrote:

we know this...
i dont remember mirrors or the nursing part of any question having to do with apes...i remember the apes had to do with sense of self in my 4th section.

qbt1990

New

Post by qbt1990 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:26 pm

kingjones59 wrote:
qbt1990 wrote:
rivermaker wrote:why do i see fkin people creating new accounts to say that the experimental was the 4th section. Saw 3 people so far. Either there are fuckin trolls coming in to freak people out OR for the first time in lsat history the 4th section was the experimental. im leaning towards the latter, but if you are trying to make people feel like shit you have succeeded.

No seriously don't be rude, I am not trying to freak ANYBODY out I swear on my family I have talked to 3 people now and I am confident my 4th section was experimental!! I'm freaking out too, I wanted it to be the third one and I am in shock/disbelief right now
PS I'm a nice person I'm not trying to make anyone feel like shit hahaha, trust me I am not happy with this either

Some guy created like 3 accounts to try and tell everyone the experimental was the fourth. It is not the fourth. It would make no sense for lsac to put everyone elses before the break, and EVERY TEST UNTIL TODAY before the break, and us lucky ones who had 3 LR got the experimental after the break. Funny how nobody on here can barely remember what they had for breakfast before the test, but you guys are "100% confident that the 4th is experimental". Also, look at the quote above. He changed the guy he quoted to say "im leaning toward the latter", when you if you scroll up and look at his original post he said "im leaning toward the former". Get out of here a**hole, cooley law leaving you with a bunch of time on your hands?
First of all, there is no reason to be mean to me. I am not some guy who has four accounts. I am not the same poster as the other people on here who also think they got a 4th experimental. And I did not change the quote of the person I quoted, he obviously edited his post after I quoted it. Seriously there is no reason to come on here and be negative and accuse me of going to Cooley law?? really?? I am not trying to troll or freak anyone out, but I have talked to FOUR PEOPLE NOW who do not remember questions that I had on the 4th section of the test (my 3rd LR section). You are the one who is an asshole, not me.

neuroticjew

New

Post by neuroticjew » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:28 pm

mike22222 wrote:
941law wrote:

we know this...
I had 3 LR and had one about monkeys nursing their babies in correlation with the fear of aggression from other monkeys. Can t recall at all anything about monkeys in the mirror. I believe there might be more than one kind of LR experimental :( fml this is confusing
Wouldn't there be two LR experimentals since they will include experimentals on next year's test? I definitely had an LR experimental and I remember nothing about monkeys nursing.

bmp

New

Post by bmp » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:31 pm

mike22222 wrote:does anyone remember the one LR with sewer metal and anti biotics?
Yes I remember this one! Ugh I was stuck between two answers.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mike22222

New

Post by mike22222 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:32 pm

@happyshappy, @neuroticjew dou you guys remmeber the question about tornadoes? was that in the first 3 for you?

mike22222

New

Post by mike22222 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:33 pm

bmp wrote:
mike22222 wrote:does anyone remember the one LR with sewer metal and anti biotics?
@nmp and you had 2 or 3 LR s?

neuroticjew

New

Post by neuroticjew » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:34 pm

mike22222 wrote:@happyshappy, @neuroticjew dou you guys remmeber the question about tornadoes? was that in the first 3 for you?
Yes and yes. It was section 3 for me (section 1 was LR and section 2 was LG).

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:34 pm

it looks like there were 2 different LR experimental sections if this many people don't remember having ape mirrors and another batch of people don't remember having ape's nursing.

Does anyone who only had 2 LR's remember ape's nursing in fear of aggression?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

happyshapy

Bronze

Post by happyshapy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:36 pm

mike22222 wrote:@happyshappy, @neuroticjew dou you guys remmeber the question about tornadoes? was that in the first 3 for you?
i remember the tornado question. i don't remember which section it was in.

bmp

New

Post by bmp » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:37 pm

mike22222 wrote:
bmp wrote:
@nmp and you had 2 or 3 LR s?
I had 2 LRs. I had LG-LR-RC (break)-RC-LR

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:39 pm

bmp wrote: I had 2 LRs. I had LG-LR-RC (break)-RC-LR
[/quote]

alright so "Sewer metal anti-biotics" was real.

bmp

New

Post by bmp » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:41 pm

941law wrote:it looks like there were 2 different LR experimental sections if this many people don't remember having ape mirrors and another batch of people don't remember having ape's nursing.

Does anyone who only had 2 LR's remember ape's nursing in fear of aggression?
I only had 2 LR's and i don't remember this at all.. unless it was in the last couple questions.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”