Should I Cancel?

User avatar
jrthor10
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:33 am

Should I Cancel?

Postby jrthor10 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just got done taking. I thought everything went really well except for LG where I had to guess on the last 3-4 questions and didn't feel too hot on games 2 or 3. I am considering whether I should cancel--I really don't want seeing as I put 4 months worth of prep into this process, but I could have easily missed anywhere from 3 to 12 on LG alone and my target score is 170+. My other sections felt great, better than normal when I was PT'ing -1 or -2, but I just don't know. Any June or previous takers have anything thoughts on this?

User avatar
Canarsie
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Should I Cancel?

Postby Canarsie » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:43 pm

I am assuming you only had one LG section? If you had two, it's possible one was experimental.
Last edited by Canarsie on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

FAJISTE
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:04 pm

Re: Should I Cancel?

Postby FAJISTE » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Like the poster above, I also had two. I was considering cancelling until I realized the section I got raped on was experimental :)

User avatar
LSAT Blog
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Should I Cancel?

Postby LSAT Blog » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Canarsie wrote:I am assuming you only had one LG section? If you had two, it's possible one was experimental (mine was).


If you had 2 LG sections, one was definitely experimental.

User avatar
jrthor10
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:33 am

Re: Should I Cancel?

Postby jrthor10 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:48 pm

1 LG section :(

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Should I Cancel?

Postby emkay625 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:00 pm

You and I are in the SAME BOAT.

Both LR sections and RC went okay/normal/good.

LG is normally a perfect section (-0 or sometimes -1) but I just had a meltdown during the middle of the third game. Had to guess on all of the last 4 questions.

Whatever you decide, I feel for you.

nblumen
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:47 pm

Re: Should I Cancel?

Postby nblumen » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:13 pm

Same question, but worse:

my past 3 practice tests have been 167, 171, & 172. All the sections besides lg went great, but I BOMBED lg. I didn't finish a single game. I don't know how in the world my mind managed to just go blank. I took a lg games section last night and got -0.

I should cancel right? I want to get at least above a 164.

User avatar
maru
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Should I Cancel?

Postby maru » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:18 pm

I sympathize with you. :/ LG was going great and I had 20 minutes for the last two games but didn't finish either, ugh. :/

jf03309
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:15 pm

Re: Should I Cancel?

Postby jf03309 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:18 pm

I'm in the exact same situation. I generally miss 0-1 questions on the LG section, but I completely bombed the games. I had two LG sections on my exam, and I was totally thrown off for the rest of the test.

I'm pretty confident I'm going to cancel.

nblumen
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:47 pm

Re: Should I Cancel?

Postby nblumen » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:27 pm

What does everyone seem to think the curve is going to be? I know in my heart I should cancel, but the thought of having to study for another few months while trying to balance schoolwork makes me extremely depressed.

User avatar
hadisious
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Should I Cancel?

Postby hadisious » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:54 pm

LG owned me as well and I usually go -1 or -2... Seems to be a major consensus that the LG was pretty rough this time around. (and yes I only had 1 LG, no experimental)

My mind says cancel, but my heart says kill yourself first. :( WHHYYYYYYYYY

nblumen
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:47 pm

Re: Should I Cancel?

Postby nblumen » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:47 pm

It's official. I canceled. Not worth a bad score impacting my future just because I didn't want to suffer through another 2 months of waiting.

That being said, December or June?

I don't need more time to prep or anything (I just blanked on a section which is very unlike me, especially with games), but I also don't want to totally kill myself during finals this semester.

Any suggestions?

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Should I Cancel?

Postby emkay625 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:50 pm

nblumen wrote:It's official. I canceled. Not worth a bad score impacting my future just because I didn't want to suffer through another 2 months of waiting.

That being said, December or June?

I don't need more time to prep or anything (I just blanked on a section which is very unlike me, especially with games), but I also don't want to totally kill myself during finals this semester.

Any suggestions?


Depends - do you have employment lined up if you decide to wait a year? (Or family who will bankroll you to wait a year?) If not, I say December.

nblumen
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:47 pm

Re: Should I Cancel?

Postby nblumen » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:58 am

emkay625 wrote:
nblumen wrote:It's official. I canceled. Not worth a bad score impacting my future just because I didn't want to suffer through another 2 months of waiting.

That being said, December or June?

I don't need more time to prep or anything (I just blanked on a section which is very unlike me, especially with games), but I also don't want to totally kill myself during finals this semester.

Any suggestions?


Depends - do you have employment lined up if you decide to wait a year? (Or family who will bankroll you to wait a year?) If not, I say December.


I'm a junior




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, CHyde, cianchetta0, Instrumental, SunDevil14, tuesdayninja, Voyager and 8 guests