10 Actual Offical LSAT PTs

eugenedmngz

10 Actual Offical LSAT PTs

Postby eugenedmngz » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:11 pm

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with a question I have regarding the LSAT PTs. It seems from talking to most people they recommend buying the latest PTs as the older ones are a bit easier (from what I'm told, and have read on this forum) and that the latest ones are more useful. Browsing this site, and reading Pithypike's thread, and this article http://www.top-law-schools.com/score-well-on-lsat.html. I've been pointed in the right direction in which PTs I should buy, my only issue is that on Amazon while the reviews are good, most people point out that these test are from the late 90's. I was wondering if anyone with past experience taking the LSAT within the past couple of years could vouch for these books. I've registered for the Feb' 12 LSAT and would hate to not be able to study with the best available guides because I didn't do my due-diligence .

clee33

Re: 10 Actual Offical LSAT PTs

Postby clee33 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:35 pm

You're talking about the book with 10 tests from tests 1-18 right? They're from the early/mid 90s, not late 90s. 19-28 is late 90s.

They're not useless. Yeah they may be missing a question type or have another type that is no long used, but they still have the basic elements of modern tests.

That being said, you have to ask yourself you really think you are going to get through over 50 practice tests worth of questions by February. I studied pretty much full time since mid June for tomorrow's test. I haven't used questions from a test earlier than 19 (Outside of those referenced in the powerscore bibles) and don't feel like I missed out on anything.

eugenedmngz

Postby eugenedmngz » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:00 pm

clee33 wrote:You're talking about the book with 10 tests from tests 1-18 right? They're from the early/mid 90s, not late 90s. 19-28 is late 90s.

They're not useless. Yeah they may be missing a question type or have another type that is no long used, but they still have the basic elements of modern tests.

That being said, you have to ask yourself you really think you are going to get through over 50 practice tests worth of questions by February. I studied pretty much full time since mid June for tomorrow's test. I haven't used questions from a test earlier than 19 (Outside of those referenced in the powerscore bibles) and don't feel like I missed out on anything.

Would it be better for me to buy the latest individual PTs, as opposed to 10 PTs that were given a decade ago?

clee33

Postby clee33 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Sure, the more practice you have with comparative reading sections the better.

Don't go right into PTing though. Get the PS bibles (or something similar) and go through that first

richie222

Postby richie222 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:14 pm

unless i am misunderstanding your post, you are saying that you have been told to use the newest pt's instead of the old ones. if that is what you are saying, then you might be looking at the wrong book on amazon, because the newest pt's are not from the 90's. The newest pt's are in a book that has 52-61, which can be found here http://www.amazon.com/New-Actual-Official-LSAT-PrepTests/dp/0984636005/ref=pd_sim_b4 . In addition to these, there is the free PT on the LSAC website, and you can buy PT 62 and 63 individually. You can also get PT's from the 40's. I think it definitely could be helpful to use the older ones also, but you would be making a mistake not to get the newest tests.

eugenedmngz

Postby eugenedmngz » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:26 pm

clee33 wrote:Sure, the more practice you have with comparative reading sections the better.

Don't go right into PTing though. Get the PS bibles (or something similar) and go through that first

Thanks for the advice. I just ordered both PS bibles today, I wanted to buy all the guides that I would need at once, but was hesitant to proceed with the buying the PTs because I want to research which ones would be the most beneficial

eugenedmngz

Postby eugenedmngz » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:29 pm

richie222 wrote:unless i am misunderstanding your post, you are saying that you have been told to use the newest pt's instead of the old ones. if that is what you are saying, then you might be looking at the wrong book on amazon, because the newest pt's are not from the 90's. The newest pt's are in a book that has 52-61, which can be found here http://www.amazon.com/New-Actual-Official-LSAT-PrepTests/dp/0984636005/ref=pd_sim_b4 . In addition to these, there is the free PT on the LSAC website, and you can buy PT 62 and 63 individually. You can also get PT's from the 40's. I think it definitely could be helpful to use the older ones also, but you would be making a mistake not to get the newest tests.

Right, but several of the other PT books recommend on this site are from the 90's (at least from my understanding, people on Amazon wrote most of their reviews for the books at least a decade ago, and mention on most questions are from LSAT in the 90's) I appreciate the advice on the LSAC website free PT, I will definitely get around to that whenever possible.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”