Taking the test on Saturday, tips for prep? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
TomR.Ollin

New

Taking the test on Saturday, tips for prep?

Post by TomR.Ollin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:01 pm

I know ive heard you can't study for this test because it just tests your knowledge you already have but does anyone have any tips to get ready for tomorrow? Do a practice round maybe? Let me know thanks

ggibelli

Bronze

Re: Taking the test on Saturday, tips for prep?

Post by ggibelli » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:06 pm

oh boy..

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:08 pm

TomR.Ollin wrote:I know ive heard you can't study for this test because it just tests your knowledge you already have but does anyone have any tips to get ready for tomorrow? Do a practice round maybe? Let me know thanks
It's completely studyable and many of us have studied for months for it. You probably wont do as well as you can without studying.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:09 pm

Weak troll.

brotoss

New

Post by brotoss » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:09 pm

ggibelli wrote:oh boy..
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:12 pm

you are right, there is no way to study. you are golden

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:15 pm

You're probably shooting yourself in the foot by taking this LSAT if you haven't prepped. In fact, probably a lot of people on this forum are wondering if you're joking, as they've been studying for months and months. Even just through self-study, most people can improve their score 5-15 points over the course of 3-6 months, and those points makes a lot of difference in terms of the caliber of the law school you can go to, and, perhaps the amount of scholarship money you can get. Though career aspirations and situations differ enormously, for most people, the implications of the caliber of law school does impact the range of job choices you have after law school.

If you're set on taking it tomorrow, I'd either take a practice test today, under timed conditions (here's a page that can explain that and provide a test - http://www.manhattanlsat.com/LSAT-proctor.cfm),

OR

go take tomorrow's test, and then a day or two later, take a practice test, see how you do.

The downside to taking one today is that you might exhaust yourself a bit, but the upside is that if you realize you're in way over your head, you save yourself the drama (trauma?) of seeing the test tomorrow.

Either way, after the fact, use this GPA/LSAT calculator to get a sense of your chances at various schools: https://officialguide.lsac.org/release/ ... fault.aspx

If you're not even close to what you need, cancel (you can cancel a few days after the test).

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:20 pm

Dudes, look at the user name. T. R. Ollin. :roll:

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:28 pm

:oops:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TomR.Ollin

New

Post by TomR.Ollin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:10 pm

:D just tryin to give you folks a little chuckle. Good luck everyone tomorrow. Funny thing is there are probably more than a few people with this attitude

;)

(apologies to Noah for having to write that out)

lakers3peat

Bronze

Post by lakers3peat » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:36 pm

TomR.Ollin wrote: just tryin to give you folks a little chuckle. Good luck everyone tomorrow. Funny thing is there are probably more than a few people with this attitude

(apologies to Noah for having to write that out)

+1 man

last time at my test center, this obese man came dashing towards the elevator so I held it open for him. He then proceeded to tell me how he never studied a single day and that he's just taking it for kicks to see how he does. He didnt have any pencils sharpened but some administrator was nice enough to sharpen them for him... he brought a grocery bag.....asked how to abbreviate the year..... how many sections there were........ i honestly felt like punching this guy in the face. the worst part is, out of ALL THE PEOPLE THERE, he chose me to be his buddy buddy and ask 1,000,000 questions to. I was so nerve wrecked that after a while I would just not say anything.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:42 pm

TomR.Ollin wrote: (apologies to Noah for having to write that out)
No worries - your LSAT karma is unaffected. The worst part is that as I read your post, I was thinking "is this for real? It seems like a joke" and then I thought, "what a strange username" and I even sounded it out, but apparently I failed massively! It really comes down to respect: for me, lowercase, uppercase, I respect them all.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”