Needing to go to the bathroom during the LSAT?

hankypanky

Needing to go to the bathroom during the LSAT?

Postby hankypanky » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:52 am

Ok so...I'm slightly worried about this. It would suck if I felt the need to use the bathroom after the exam starts--holding a shit in would obviously throw someone off their game.

Right now my shit taking schedule would mean I would take a shit smack dead in the middle of the exam. Not good.

So...does anybody have any advice about this? When to eat today? When to go to the bathroom? What to eat for breakfast? Etc. Etc.

Humor is welcome, obviously.

shredderrrrrr

Re: Needing to go to the bathroom during the LSAT?

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:09 am

Dude, I have the exact same fear! Each morning at about 9:30, I just gotta go. I've got no advice, but I will second you looking for an answer.

Maye

Postby Maye » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:29 am

if you had more time to alter your schedule i'd suggest metamucil or something. try to go before? i get the schedule but maybe coffee will help? i wouldn't jump into a laxative at this point, what if it REALLY works?? not so helpful, but i sympathize, haha.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:32 am

Eat dinner the night before either way early or way late.

Ideally you should have adjusted your meal schedule several days ago, but oh well.

mighttransfer

Postby mighttransfer » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:33 am

The bathroom issue definitely sucks, especially because you have to go so long without a break. My suggestion is to wake up very early to give your system some time to settle and such (if you catch my drift). If you know that you have irritable bowel issues, maybe take an Imodium. Also, make sure to take a piss before getting into the line to enter the room. When I took the LSAT we couldn't exit the room once we entered (even before the test starts), so you have to go quite a long time without peeing.

imchuckbass58

Postby imchuckbass58 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:40 am

hankypanky

Postby hankypanky » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:00 pm

I knew I wouldn't be alone. I did start adjusting a few days ago but I think being nervous today and yesterday through me off.

j12

Postby j12 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:11 pm

Just down about half a dozen imodium in the morning and clog your system up. When traveling while sick that tends to work.

Be prepared for the test to not start until 10 or so. There will be people asking questions about where to put their names, and causing other types of problems. I thought I had everything timed out so the bathroom wouldn't be an issue, but I was not prepared for the late start. I really needed a bathroom break by section 2. I got up and went, came back and finished the section. It happens, but it's not the end of the world. I ended up scoring around my PT average but I had that in the back of my head for the rest of the test (and for the half hour or so before I got up and went for it).

Before my retakes I decided to skip the juice and cereal I normally have for breakfast and went with eggs & toast (keeps you filled without feeling stuffed). Things went better for me that time. Good luck.

Obelisk18

Postby Obelisk18 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:35 pm

You could try running early in the morning. Exercise tends to either speed up your...functions, or temporarily eliminate them. I went on a 4-day bike ride trip year, clocking 70 miles per day, and I didn't have to shit once. It was awesome/awful. I'm planning to go for a short run at about 6:30, after I've had some coffee.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”