Ziploc bags.... Stupid Question

Kess

Ziploc bags.... Stupid Question

Postby Kess » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:45 am

My ziploc bag has some writing on it "Ziploc- Vacuum Sous Wide" and has instructors on how to vacuum seal it. Is that a problem?

Don't laugh at me please!

franklyscarlet

Re: Ziploc bags.... Stupid Question

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:50 am

I don't imagine it would be a problem. If you're really nervous, call and check.

And thanks for reminding me to go buy ziplocs!

studebaker07

Postby studebaker07 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:52 am

I doubt it. As long as it is of normal size. Mine had the same kind of writing on it. Most oversized ziplock bags have writing on them anyways. Besides, pencils have writing on them too! They can't possibly ban pencils.

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:53 am

Kess wrote:My ziploc bag has some writing on it "Ziploc- Vacuum Sous Wide" and has instructors on how to vacuum seal it. Is that a problem?

Don't laugh at me please!

Omg do you have a sous vide cooker? Can we be best friends?

Kess

Postby Kess » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:59 am

I am the same person who measured the little box where you stick your picture and found that its SLIGHTLY under 2 by 2. The LSAT has made me neurotic. Just kidding, it's my core personality.

And no, I just bought the only kind of large ziploc bags that were on sale in my store. I never use such big ziplocs.

NiccoloA

Postby NiccoloA » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:15 am

Another stupid question. Meal bars. Plan on taking one during the break. Should I take it out of the wrapper first? It has writing on it, obviously. Do they care?

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:20 am

NiccoloA wrote:Another stupid question. Meal bars. Plan on taking one during the break. Should I take it out of the wrapper first? It has writing on it, obviously. Do they care?

There's really no need to be this neurotic.....they're not going to write you up because they think you cleverly hid an answer in the nutritional information panel of your Mars bar.

Kess

Postby Kess » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:27 am

Curious1 wrote:
NiccoloA wrote:Another stupid question. Meal bars. Plan on taking one during the break. Should I take it out of the wrapper first? It has writing on it, obviously. Do they care?

There's really no need to be this neurotic.....they're not going to write you up because they think you cleverly hid an answer in the nutritional information panel of your Mars bar.

Haha, that hasn't even occurred to me. I am planning on taking one too. The Ziploc question occurred to me because they said the Ziploc bag has to be clear and mine is, but it has writing on it on one side. Well, it's good to know that I am not the only neurotic one out there! =D

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:37 am

I didn't even have a ziploc bag...I just put some pencils, a chocolate bar, and some tissues in my pocket.

Don't worry guys, you'll be fine! Just focus on what's important--THE TEST.

Get plenty of sleep and masturbation the night before, wake up and scream at yourself in the mirror! Don't eat too much for breakfast or you'll get bloated...and LEAVE YOUR DAMN CELLPHONE AT HOME.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:39 am

Curious1 wrote:I didn't even have a ziploc bag...I just put some pencils, a chocolate bar, and some tissues in my pocket.

Get plenty of sleep and masturbation the night before, wake up and scream at yourself in the mirror! Don't eat too much for breakfast or you'll get bloated...and LEAVE YOUR DAMN CELLPHONE AT HOME.
You actually lucked out, then, because the ziploc bag thing isn't optional. If you're carrying ANYTHING, it's supposed to be in a ziploc.

neeko

Postby neeko » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:50 am

I had granola bar with a wrapper and a water bottle, and it was fine.

benito

Postby benito » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:56 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
Curious1 wrote:I didn't even have a ziploc bag...I just put some pencils, a chocolate bar, and some tissues in my pocket.

You actually lucked out, then, because the ziploc bag thing isn't optional. If you're carrying ANYTHING, it's supposed to be in a ziploc.

This is completely untrue people. Call LSAC to confirm if you wish but you can look at the list of things that on your admission ticket that are allowed to be on the desk while you're working. Things like pencils, tissues, highlighters etc, all of those you can simply carry in your pocket and then put on the desk once your seated. You only need a ziploc if you have stuff like food etc that is not allowed to be on the desk. I don't have a clue why anyone would think law services MANDATES you bring a ziploc.

*correction: it does say you can ONLY bring a clear plastic bag into the room so I do know why someone would think you have to have a ziploc. However, if you don't have any items other than the ones that are allowed on the desktop you don't need any kind of container to carry stuff in, therefore you don't need a ziploc.

Kess

Postby Kess » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:21 pm

benito wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

This is completely untrue people. Call LSAC to confirm if you wish but you can look at the list of things that on your admission ticket that are allowed to be on the desk while you're working. Things like pencils, tissues, highlighters etc, all of those you can simply carry in your pocket and then put on the desk once your seated. You only need a ziploc if you have stuff like food etc that is not allowed to be on the desk. I don't have a clue why anyone would think law services MANDATES you bring a ziploc.

*correction: it does say you can ONLY bring a clear plastic bag into the room so I do know why someone would think you have to have a ziploc. However, if you don't have any items other than the ones that are allowed on the desktop you don't need any kind of container to carry stuff in, therefore you don't need a ziploc.

Then, technically, the chocolate bar is not supposed to be on your desk or in a pocket.

I know I am worrying excessively as I had friends keep their phones in their pockets and everything was okay, but I am putting my wallet into my ziploc just in case. lol

benito

Postby benito » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:30 pm

yeah turns out rinkat was right, i called LSAC and they confirmed anything with you has to be in that clear ziploc bag. Of course, if everything you have is either gonna be in your pockets or on the desk there isn't anyway to enforce that rule but I suppose with all the other things to worry about on test day you may as well just bring the stupid bag.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”