How do YOU study? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jamesbond

New

How do YOU study?

Post by jamesbond » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:39 pm

I'm not asking how to study, but how do you study?

Me? I took a TestMasters class to prepare for the June 09 test and I still have all the material (which is about 25% used lol) So I'm reviewing all of that and doing all the stuff I didn't do before. I'm also mixing in a PT or 2 a week, and I'm going to be purchasing all 3 Bibles this weekend.

So basically everyday, I'm just doing between 50-100 problems and reviewing them so far.

What about you? :?:

dmacioce

New

Re: How do YOU study?

Post by dmacioce » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Like you, I bought the LGB/LRB/RCB. I also bought the corresponding workbooks.

Now that the easy stuff is out of the way (buying pencils, books, etc.), I'm spending 3-4 hours a day engaging with the material during the week. I will be taking practice tests on the weekends, but taking those practice tests is something that I intend to ramp up after I make it through most of my bible studies. I'll probably average about a PT every other week or so until December, and then I'm going to ramp up the practice tests/reviews.

I'm also planning on reading some logic texts in my spare time.

I work full-time and have some family responsibilities, which make it difficult to do as much as I'm doing. I've been out of school for a while (I'm 42), and getting back into the groove of studying has been a welcome challenge. I wish I could do more. I'm planning to take the test in February, and I think it's a lot to try to get done in such a short time.

First post.

EDIT: I also bought a DVD (SimuGator) to simulate the test conditions. I am using this to help me time the practice tests that I take.
Last edited by dmacioce on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamesbond

New

Post by jamesbond » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:40 pm

dmacioce wrote:Like you, I bought the LGB/LRB/RCB. I also bought the corresponding workbooks.

Now that the easy stuff is out of the way (buying pencils, books, etc.), I'm spending 3-4 hours a day engaging with the material during the week. I will be taking practice tests on the weekends, but taking those practice tests is something that I intend to ramp up after I make it through most of my bible studies. I'll probably average about a PT every other week or so until December, and then I'm going to ramp up the practice tests/reviews.

I'm also planning on reading some logic texts in my spare time.

I work full-time and have some family responsibilities, which make it difficult to do as much as I'm doing. I've been out of school for a while (I'm 42), and getting back into the groove of studying has been a welcome challenge. I wish I could do more. I'm planning to take the test in February, and I think it's a lot to try to get done in such a short time.

First post.

Great first post. Congrats! Sounds like a good plan you have there.

I work full time too, so I try to mix in the studying at work on my down time. When do you plan on taking the LSAT?

dmacioce

New

Post by dmacioce » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:47 pm

jamesbond wrote: Great first post. Congrats! Sounds like a good plan you have there.

I work full time too, so I try to mix in the studying at work on my down time. When do you plan on taking the LSAT?

I'm planning to sit for the test in February 2012; but if I'm not meeting my own expectations based on practice tests, I will cancel and register for June 2012. I would rather wait than get a low score on the real thing, if I can avoid it.

bluetulle

New

Post by bluetulle » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:37 pm

I took a PowerScore online course but the tutoring I signed up for improved my score dramatically. Studying with other people helps you diagnose yourself, see other strategies for solving games, and solidify memorization and recall of concepts and their applications. Alone, you risk repeating errors, studying a lot with little score improvement and getting frustrated on top of it.

How have other people on this forum studied and if with people, do you recommend calling out strategies at the the same time, taking turns walking through approaches, small vs. large groups, etc.? Anyone looking to form study groups in NYC, I welcome you to get in touch with me. It's the power of the group.

SarahKerrigan

Bronze

Post by SarahKerrigan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:53 pm

I signed up for velocity's comprehensive course, i have been going through it at a steady pace. Once i'm done with everything ill see how my PT's are looking, if i'm not in the range i would like to be in i will continue either reviewing concepts i don't fully understand or just focusing on PT's if i feel like i have everything down. With that being said, i haven't committed myself to a certain test date yet. I might register to take it as early as February 2012, but if i'm not ready i will just wait and go on another date. I really want to take it in June, but it lands 1 week before finals, which might not be ideal for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”