Hypothetical....

emkay625

Hypothetical....

Postby emkay625 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:45 am

So, if LSAC really does turn away people without photos, one could assume that would mean that the people who are the least prepared would be turned away. Could this have an impact on the curve?

Or, if curves are calculated based on performance on the experimental sections, could it have an impact on the curve of a future test(s)?

Signed,
a paranoid retaker

Icculus

Re: Hypothetical....

Postby Icculus » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:51 am

emkay625 wrote:So, if LSAC really does turn away people without photos, one could assume that would mean that the people who are the least prepared would be turned away. Could this have an impact on the curve?

Or, if curves are calculated based on performance on the experimental sections, could it have an impact on the curve of a future test(s)?

Signed,
a paranoid retaker

The LSAT isn't curved in the sense of a law school curve, it's standardized. The "curve" is figured out months, if not years, before the test. Nothing that happens Saturday will affect the curve. Don't be paranoid.

Edit: The curve is based on previous experimental sections. I doubt very many people are going to be turned away, certainly not enough to affect future tests. I read stories from last LSAT that people cut their driver's licenses up and used that pic.

gogogadgetlaw

Postby gogogadgetlaw » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:18 am

Last edited by gogogadgetlaw on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:26 am

gogogadgetlaw wrote:
Icculus wrote:The LSAT isn't curved in the sense of a law school curve, it's standardized. The "curve" is figured out months, if not years, before the test. Nothing that happens Saturday will affect the curve. Don't be paranoid.

Edit: The curve is based on previous experimental sections. I doubt very many people are going to be turned away, certainly not enough to affect future tests. I read stories from last LSAT that people cut their driver's licenses up and used that pic.

Wow, should've just sprung for passport photos at that rate...

It was more because people weren't aware of the new requirement for the pic and showed up without an extra. Instead of leaving they sacrificed the license. I probably would have done the same thing. This picture thing is new, I never had to bring one.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”