So I'm taking this for the second time...

bomh6182

So I'm taking this for the second time...

Postby bomh6182 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:42 am

My first time in June, I made a 158, which when paired with my GPA (3.6 with honors) is good enough to get into where I want to go. I was then told that a couple of more points would get me into scholarship territory, so I decided to take it again this Saturday. The first time, I took the Kaplan online course and about 6 full-length tests, averaging around a 158. This time around, my motivation wasn't as high so I didn't take any classes and just started looking at problems earlier this month, taking my first practice test a week ago. It was a 163, my highest ever. Then tonight, I took my second one and made a 167. I honestly feel that having the whole summer to be LSAT-free really helped me. Has anyone else experienced this?

JamMasterJ

Re: So I'm taking this for the second time...

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:00 am

bomh6182 wrote:My first time in June, I made a 158, which when paired with my GPA (3.6 with honors) is good enough to get into where I want to go. I was then told that a couple of more points would get me into scholarship territory, so I decided to take it again this Saturday. The first time, I took the Kaplan online course and about 6 full-length tests, averaging around a 158. This time around, my motivation wasn't as high so I didn't take any classes and just started looking at problems earlier this month, taking my first practice test a week ago. It was a 163, my highest ever. Then tonight, I took my second one and made a 167. I honestly feel that having the whole summer to be LSAT-free really helped me. Has anyone else experienced this?

Not a whole summer, but a lot of people have seen benefits from taking a week or more off. I could see it being the case.

bomh6182

Postby bomh6182 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:37 pm

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm just kind of apprehensive because it's such a big jump, and I'm hoping it carries over to Saturday.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:05 pm

bomh6182 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm just kind of apprehensive because it's such a big jump, and I'm hoping it carries over to Saturday.

Well you've really got nothing to lose, since you're already qualified for the school you want. Just relax, go in confident, and see what happens!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”