LSAC canceled my LSAT registration!

Canarsie

LSAC canceled my LSAT registration!

Postby Canarsie » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:41 pm

So today I logged in to print my LSAT admission ticket for 10/1... lo and behold LSAC canceled and refunded my LSAT back in June. My mother (who paid) never noticed. So now I am calling LSAC all the time trying to correct this if possible, otherwise I guess it's December for me... I had to send a letter explaining the situation and copies of the credit card statements to verify the situation. Tomorrow I am supposed to call and see if there is any progress or explanation.

Basically - check your LSAC account ASAP and make sure this never happens to you. Good luck on your tests.

If by chance this HAS happened to you or a friend, PLEASE let me know what happened!! Thank you.

Kess

Re: LSAC canceled my LSAT registration!

Postby Kess » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Did this happen because your mom's credit card was invalid? Well in any event, that sucks.

But, how did you not check LSAC since June? I log in at least once a week out of paranoia.... that and to check that my recommendations and transcripts got processed.

SarahKerrigan

Postby SarahKerrigan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:45 pm

Hopefully they let you take it. Either way, i'm sure the stress of this, just days before test day sucks. But yeah, i'd be the paranoid type that checks things everyday. Thats how i was when i applied to undergrad.

Canarsie

Postby Canarsie » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:48 pm

Kess wrote:Did this happen because your mom's credit card was invalid? Well in any event, that sucks.

But, how did you not check LSAC since June? I log in at least once a week out of paranoia.... that and to check that my recommendations and transcripts got processed.

Nope, someone on their end mistakenly canceled it and so I was no longer registered. The reason I didn't check it is because I am not applying to law schools for at least two years, and I didn't know everyone else had been receiving emails from LSAC. I wish I had!

In GOOD news, they did reregister me for Oct. 1 in the location I desired. I just had to pay again. I'm still kind of in disbelief!

SarahKerrigan

Postby SarahKerrigan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:15 pm

Canarsie wrote:
Kess wrote:Did this happen because your mom's credit card was invalid? Well in any event, that sucks.

Nope, someone on their end mistakenly canceled it and so I was no longer registered. The reason I didn't check it is because I am not applying to law schools for at least two years, and I didn't know everyone else had been receiving emails from LSAC. I wish I had!

In GOOD news, they did reregister me for Oct. 1 in the location I desired. I just had to pay again. I'm still kind of in disbelief!

dang someone wants to get the lsat out of the way! glad to hear that you get to take the test ^_^

Canarsie

Postby Canarsie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:37 am

SarahKerrigan wrote:dang someone wants to get the lsat out of the way! glad to hear that you get to take the test ^_^

oh definitely, i will be out of the country for a year and so i want to have the score on file before i am ready to come back.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”