Is this true?

heyhowdyhey

Is this true?

Postby heyhowdyhey » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:37 pm

The experimental section is apparently always in the first three sections of the test. So if I have one LG section in the first 3 and one after the break, I can without a doubt conclude that the first LG section was the experimental?

bport hopeful

Re: Is this true?

Postby bport hopeful » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Yes.

SanDiegoJake

Postby SanDiegoJake » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:14 am

Yes.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:15 am

Pray you have an experimental LG section instead of LR or RC.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:16 am

Yup, but the test is constructed such that you would never know which section is the experiemental while you are actually doing the experimental section. But, as you noted, it is possible to know which is the experimental later in the test, when you see a duplicate of LG or RC in the final 2 sections. I was unlucky enough to have sections 2, 3, and 4 all being LR, which made it impossible to know which (of 2 and 3) was experimental.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:17 am

Anybody remember a poster that said he is such a master of the LSAT that when he hit his experimental section he would know which one it is by the wordings of the questions. Then he would just ignore that section and take a cat nap.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:37 pm

Tom Joad wrote:Anybody remember a poster that said he is such a master of the LSAT that when he hit his experimental section he would know which one it is by the wordings of the questions. Then he would just ignore that section and take a cat nap.

LOL. Since the experimental will one day be a real section, this guy was obviously lying or an idiot.

hankypanky

Postby hankypanky » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:Anybody remember a poster that said he is such a master of the LSAT that when he hit his experimental section he would know which one it is by the wordings of the questions. Then he would just ignore that section and take a cat nap.

LOL. Since the experimental will one day be a real section, this guy was obviously lying or an idiot.

The experimental does not become a real section in future exams.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:51 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:

Some questions from experimental become real questions in a future section, but not the whole section. He still shouldn't have any way of knowing that an experimental section isn't a real section. HTH.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:51 pm

hankypanky wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:

Are you kidding?

Kate Chopin (real in June 2011) says hello. She also showed up as the experimental in September 2009.

http://blueprintprep.com/lsatblog/lsat- ... ing-after/

hankypanky

Postby hankypanky » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:53 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
hankypanky wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:

Are you kidding?

Kate Chopin (real in June 2011) says hello. She also showed up as the experimental in September 2009.

I did not say parts are not taken from it. But the whole section does not become a real section on a later exam.

KaleidoscopeEyes

Postby KaleidoscopeEyes » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:02 pm

This wouldn't really surprise me all that much. When I took it I had 3 LR's and I had a pretty good hunch which one was the experimental when I was doing it. I could tell because it didn't seem to follow the general trend of easier->harder as much. I certainly wouldn't have the guts to take a nap on that hunch though.

hankypanky

Postby hankypanky » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:03 pm

KaleidoscopeEyes wrote:

This wouldn't really surprise me all that much. When I took it I had 3 LR's and I had a pretty good hunch which one was the experimental when I was doing it. I could tell because it didn't seem to follow the general trend of easier->harder as much. I certainly wouldn't have the guts to take a nap on that hunch though.

Me too. The experimental LR was really easy.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:10 pm

The only way to conclusively determine which is the exp is to look at the last two sections and if one is RC or LG and one of the first three is the same, then the first is exp.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:56 pm

It's really, really easy to tell which section is experimental, they just have a different feel. After all, they are "experimental". So on test day, if you feel that a question is weird, just put down your pencil and relax for the next half hour. If you don't follow your intuition, you don't have self-confidence, and lacking self-confidence is a killer on the LSAT.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:02 pm

suspicious android wrote:It's really, really easy to tell which section is experimental, they just have a different feel. After all, they are "experimental". So on test day, if you feel that a question is weird, just put down your pencil and relax for the next half hour. If you don't follow your intuition, you don't have self-confidence, and lacking self-confidence is a killer on the LSAT.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:03 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:
suspicious android wrote:It's really, really easy to tell which section is experimental, they just have a different feel. After all, they are "experimental". So on test day, if you feel that a question is weird, just put down your pencil and relax for the next half hour. If you don't follow your intuition, you don't have self-confidence, and lacking self-confidence is a killer on the LSAT.

Sarcasm?

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:03 pm

Suspicious android does not compute humor, fails at trolling.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:05 pm

Jack Smirks wrote:

With the use of the terms "intuition" and "self-confidence," this felt a bit like a Logical Reasoning stimulus.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:07 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:
Jack Smirks wrote:

With the use of the terms "intuition" and "self-confidence," this felt a bit like a Logical Reasoning stimulus.

With the use of the word "if," this really felt like an LR stimulus

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:10 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:

BRB, lol-ing forever. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:29 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:Kate Chopin (real in June 2011) says hello. She also showed up as the experimental in September 2009.

Please don't bring up that beyotch. I am only here to talk about expanding ocean crust and magnetic polarity.

gogogadgetlaw

Postby gogogadgetlaw » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:55 pm

Tom Joad wrote:Please don't bring up that beyotch. I am only here to talk about expanding ocean crust and magnetic polarity.

Why all the hate for Kate?

tmon

Postby tmon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:59 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
LSAT Blog wrote:

BRB, lol-ing forever. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:42 pm

gogogadgetlaw wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:Please don't bring up that beyotch. I am only here to talk about expanding ocean crust and magnetic polarity.

Why all the hate for Kate?

Because it was the most confusing RC passage I had ever read, maybe with the exception of the Native American on on the same test.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”