Photo on ticket Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lkplkp

New

Photo on ticket

Post by lkplkp » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:12 am

Quick question!
So I read the lsat ticket about attaching the photograph and I have a couple questions. Does it have to be a passport photo, or can it just be a photo I have taken against a white wall and cut to passport size? Also, does it have to be printed on photo paper, or can it just be a digital photo printed on regular paper?
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, I just would hate to have something as little as this screw me over on test day!
Thanks!

tmon

Silver

Re: Photo on ticket

Post by tmon » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:15 am

You can print it yourself, but it has to be on photo paper.

lkplkp

New

Post by lkplkp » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:42 am

tmon wrote:You can print it yourself, but it has to be on photo paper.

Odd Future Wolf Gang

Gold

Post by Odd Future Wolf Gang » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:52 am

Last edited by Odd Future Wolf Gang on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sh@keNb@ke

Bronze

Post by Sh@keNb@ke » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:03 pm

This is what it lists on the LSAC ticket:

"A photograph is required of all candidates. Before reporting to the testcenter, you must do the following:
Attach a recent, clear photograph of yourself to the designated box on your LSAT Admission Ticket. (The photograph must have been taken within the last six months and must show only your face and shoulders.The photo must be clear enough so that there is no doubt about your identity. Your face in the photo must show you as you look on the day of the test, for example, with or without a beard.) These photographs will be retained by LSAC."

So, it says no where that it must be printed on photo paper.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Sh@keNb@ke wrote:
This is what it lists on the LSAC ticket:

"A photograph is required of all candidates. Before reporting to the testcenter, you must do the following:
Attach a recent, clear photograph of yourself to the designated box on your LSAT Admission Ticket. (The photograph must have been taken within the last six months and must show only your face and shoulders.The photo must be clear enough so that there is no doubt about your identity. Your face in the photo must show you as you look on the day of the test, for example, with or without a beard.) These photographs will be retained by LSAC."

So, it says no where that it must be printed on photo paper.
Yeah, I originally was just going to print it on regular paper, but people in the October study thread emailed them to ask. They said it has to be on photo paper. Not saying they absolutely wont let you in without it, but given that response I'd rather things go smoothly and eliminate a potential problem or delay.

Ronburgandy2468

New

Post by Ronburgandy2468 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:21 pm

the qualifying criteria is on their website. No it doesnt have to be on photo paper. Your friends lied to you. Still if youre going to take it yourself you best avoid the elements that disqualifys your photo.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:57 pm

LSAC updated their website regarding the admission ticket photograph requirement.

http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/photo-requirements.asp

According to the representative I just spoke with the picture does not have to be on photo paper (however, the web page doesn't say that, at least not yet. They just added this part to the online instructions/information). It only needs to be clear and in accordance with the guidelines presented in the above link.

It's really fast, easy and cheap to just head to a CVS/Walmart/Rite-Aid/etc. and have a passport photo taken. It takes much less time than messing around with whatever camera you have to take one that qualifies, upload it to your PC and print it out properly. If there is no line at the photo counter you will have it done in less than ten minutes for a few bucks.

For the rest of the test day rules see: http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/day-of-test.asp

Dash41

Bronze

Post by Dash41 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:19 pm

I just got it done today CVS pharmacy. On their website they have a $2 off coupon for all passport photos, so take advantage of that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kess

Bronze

Post by Kess » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:26 pm

Did anyone notice that the box is slightly less than 2 in by 2 in? I got my photo taken in Rite Aid today and its actually marginally larger than the allotted space. I called LSAC to see if that's problematic and they said it is fine, but I think I might cut it just in case. LOL. I have 2 copies in case, I mess up one.

lkplkp

New

Post by lkplkp » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:38 pm

Kess wrote:Did anyone notice that the box is slightly less than 2 in by 2 in? I got my photo taken in Rite Aid today and its actually marginally larger than the allotted space. I called LSAC to see if that's problematic and they said it is fine, but I think I might cut it just in case. LOL. I have 2 copies in case, I mess up one.
Haha this made me laugh... It is funny how such a small detail can cause us to become freaked out!! I go my boyfriend to take a picture of me this morning against a white wall and I went to Walmart and printed it out and cut it to size. Hopefully this will work.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Maye

Bronze

Post by Maye » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:45 pm

Kess wrote:Did anyone notice that the box is slightly less than 2 in by 2 in? I got my photo taken in Rite Aid today and its actually marginally larger than the allotted space. I called LSAC to see if that's problematic and they said it is fine, but I think I might cut it just in case. LOL. I have 2 copies in case, I mess up one.
Hahaha. LSAC makes us crazy. I sympathize.

Kess

Bronze

Post by Kess » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Haha, well you know, better safe than sorry! I surely can't be the only one that noticed this?! :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CattyPake

New

Post by CattyPake » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:53 pm

Does it have to be against a white background?!

I don't remember reading that anywhere and I was just planning to use a random photo of me...are they going to be really strict about this?

lrslayer

Silver

Post by lrslayer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:02 pm

i sat for the june test and used a pic with a red background and they took it. i don't know if that means its ok though.

lkplkp

New

Post by lkplkp » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:27 am

CattyPake wrote:Does it have to be against a white background?!

I don't remember reading that anywhere and I was just planning to use a random photo of me...are they going to be really strict about this?
I don't think so. I just became paranoid because my boyfriend was like "are you sure? did you check? are you SURE that it doesn't have to be a passport photo" so I panicked and came on here and made this post. However, if LSAC wanted us to have it against a white background, or any of the other options we are talking about I'm sure they would have stated it in the rules. Either way we all worry anyways :D

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:29 am

lkplkp wrote:
CattyPake wrote:Does it have to be against a white background?!

I don't think so. I just became paranoid because my boyfriend was like "are you sure? did you check? are you SURE that it doesn't have to be a passport photo" so I panicked and came on here and made this post. However, if LSAC wanted us to have it against a white background, or any of the other options we are talking about I'm sure they would have stated it in the rules. Either way we all worry anyways :D
Any plain background that doesn't make it difficult to see you should be fine. White, light gray, light blue and light yellow are all probably OK. Mine's against a cream wall

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CattyPake

New

Post by CattyPake » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:45 pm

I called LSAC today and it does have to on a plain background, passport picture style. Wasted 7.99 at CVS because I couldn't find my camera cord :(

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Since some people apparently didn't click on the link above I posted yesterday, here it is again:

It has examples of acceptable and unacceptable photographs. Just click on it and take a look.
One of the examples of unacceptable photos is 'Background Not Plain'.

That means a pic of you standing in front of a Bob Marley smoking a joint or a big pot leaf poster hanging on your wall isn't going to fly. :wink:

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Jeffort wrote:Since some people apparently didn't click on the link above I posted yesterday, here it is again:

It has examples of acceptable and unacceptable photographs. Just click on it and take a look.

That means a pic of you standing in front of a Bob Marley smoking a joint or a big pot leaf poster hanging on your wall isn't going to fly. :wink:
those pics are lulzy

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:53 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Jeffort wrote:Since some people apparently didn't click on the link above I posted yesterday, here it is again:

those pics are lulzy
lol

My favorites are the ones of the gangster looking dude with the funky mustache.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:55 pm

"More then one subject in photo"

Now.... if LSAC only knew the difference between then and than...

JDndMSW

Silver

Post by JDndMSW » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Just an FYI I went to CVS yesterday ready to pay the 10$ for the passport photo... after the girl had taken the picture and was trying to make it to gov spec I told her that I actually just need it to be 2x2 and showing only my shoulders and face. After that she ended up just printing it out on a 4x6 and it only cost me .31. Not sure if this will work for anyone else but thought I would share.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:28 am

JDndMSW wrote:Just an FYI I went to CVS yesterday ready to pay the 10$ for the passport photo... after the girl had taken the picture and was trying to make it to gov spec I told her that I actually just need it to be 2x2 and showing only my shoulders and face. After that she ended up just printing it out on a 4x6 and it only cost me .31. Not sure if this will work for anyone else but thought I would share.
Are you suggesting that the entire passport photo industry is a rip-off? :)

Canarsie

Bronze

Post by Canarsie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:27 pm

For anyone still looking at this, I just called and spoke with an LSAC representative. He said as long as it meets their requirements online, it is fine if it is on computer paper (must be photo quality with no pixels).
Last edited by Canarsie on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”