LSAT and App Dilemma

mbde214

LSAT and App Dilemma

Postby mbde214 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:19 pm

Okay y'all I need some help.

I took the LSAT end of senior year of college (going on 3 years ago) and scored a 163. Then I started Teach for America. I signed up for an LSAT last december, but no-showed (score of "Absent" on lsac report) bc of that screwy deadline for pushing the test back. Long story short, I moved into a new position at my school and ended up staying a 3rd year. I am signed up for the October 1st LSAT, but I've been practicing at or below my previous actual score, only surpassing my previous score on 2 or 3 of my PTs. Lately I've been very inconsistent (-3 most times on arguments, then randomly a -7; -3 most times on reading comp, then randomly and -8 or -9), often doing my average or stronger on 3 sections and screwing up the other. All this inconsistency has my anxiety spiked, especially with the test being Saturday! I really don't want to just score the same as before and I really REALLY don't want to go down.

The plan was to study now, apply right after LSAT...I didn't want to be doing both simultaneously. But since you can now withdraw the LSAT without any penalty (non $$$ I mean), I'm wondering whether I just withdraw the October LSAT, apply as is, going ahead and register for December LSAT in case I need to retake. I'm 163/3.56, pretty decent softs and resume for what (little) that matters. My goal is UT--I'm Texas resident, fairly-anchored to Texas in the very long term.

That was quite long-winded, but for those of you still reading, any thoughts, opinions, or advice?

bandenjamin

Re: LSAT and App Dilemma

Postby bandenjamin » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Based on law school predictor and the 25 - 75% for lsat and GPA you are below the 25% on both for UT. While it might be worth trying, you probably should skip this cycle, study your butt off and retake in June to apply next time around.

mbde214

Re: LSAT and App Dilemma

Postby mbde214 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Is there harm in applying with current numbers and then retaking LSAT in December if I'm practicing better? I don't think my numbers would get me auto rejected, esp given Texas residency...but that could be wishful thinking... I want to go to UT, but I don't think a UT rejection will be enough, either way I will go to law school next year.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”