Science book suggestions

ngogirl

Science book suggestions

Postby ngogirl » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:28 pm

I was prepping for October but recently postponed to December (two weeks ago)!

I am finding with RC, I am generally fine with most of the passage types, but when it comes to some science passages I just glaze over the content. Now some science passages I am fine with eg Marie Curie, Sparrows, Guoichi (or whatever his name was!), but there are others where I just cannot engage with the material.

So, I am attempting to eradicate this issue by doubling up on reading science books. I know many of you may say, reading extra books will take time away from your prep etc. but this is something I am determined to do. I did the same with Economics (since a huge proportion of LR is based off of economics, and it has made a huge difference).

So for all you Science majors and junkies out there, what books do you recommend? And no, I do not mean magazines like the Economist or Scientific American, I mean real science books.

PLEASE respond and help me out, I consider TLS to be my LSAT family and am very indebted to the people on here for their love, wisdom, and commentary!! :P

Thanks in advance!!

LSAT Blog

Re: Science book suggestions

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:55 pm

The Blank Slate by Steven Pinker is chock-full of arguments addressing correlation/causation issues, alternative causes/explanations, etc.

I agree that reading science books is worthwhile, in that it can increase your comfort level and familiarity with the types of arguments you typically see on the LSAT. It's not a replacement for actual RC passages, but it can certainly complement them.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”