Are you going to study until the day of the test?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 29

TrojanHopeful

Postby TrojanHopeful » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:03 pm

I've heard the argument that one will not learn anything new during the days before the test; however, I plan on drilling up until the test just for the fact that it keeps me in the zone. I'm afraid that if I take a day or two off prior to the test I might go in a little rusty. Just wondering what other test takers' plans are.

Tim0thy222

Re: Are you going to study until the day of the test?

Postby Tim0thy222 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:03 pm

When I took the LSAT before I had been consistently scoring over 170 on PT's, but then then two days before the test I took a PT and scored a 168. I took the day before the test off and the 168 (which was disappointing to me at the time) was the last thing I remembered. Sure enough, confidence was low and I scored a 167.

This time I'm going to take PT's every day between now and then except the day before the test, which I will take off.

Unless, two days before the test I bomb, in which case I'll find something to get my confidence back up.

Basically, it seems to me that the most important thing is to do whatever makes you feel calm, confident, and good about yourself, whether that's continuing to study to keep refining your test-taking habits or taking the time off to relax.

mushybrain

Postby mushybrain » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:06 pm

I won't be taking a full timed test the day before, but I will probably do a few sections the morning prior. I'm taking PTs every day through Thursday because I'm currently unemployed so I have plenty of time to rot my brain in front of the TV in between.

glucose101

Postby glucose101 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:20 pm

I agree with Timothy. I don't thing it's necessarily a no-no to do test material on the days following up to the exam, as long as it's what will make you calm. If you're going to just be stressing about how you should be studying, and it creates anxiety, then just do what will deflate that anxiety.

SisterRayVU

Postby SisterRayVU » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:28 pm

Doing 62 tomorrow and 63 Thursday. Maybe do a handful of LR problems that lsatblog listed as hard on Friday. But I also bombed my last PT compared to the score I'm looking for so I'm hoping that beyond using all the material available to me, doing the last two tests will help me feel better come Saturday.

neeko

Postby neeko » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:17 pm

So (most) everyone is taking PT's this week? I worry about burning out right before. I scored my highest on PT 53 on Saturday (173), so I want to keep this up but at the same time not burn out. I took the week off work for this but I don't know the best way to utilize the time.

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:31 pm

It depends on what works for you - I agree with the OP that constant practice, especially with LG, keeps me in the zone. But I'll be doing PT's all the way up until the test, then a few drills the morning of.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:41 am

Our general recommendation is to take the day before the LSAT off. That being said, if you're going to stress about it, I'd review some old tests that you took. If you have a solid PT score that you're happy with, don't keep taking more tests at the end of this week. Review old PTs, do some new questions, etc...

This last week really isn't about learning anything new. It's more about keeping your stress levels down and keeping yourself sharp. If you can do that taking a PT every day, go for it. If you can do that by reviewing materials/methods, do that. No general rule is going to cover every person. If you feel your stress level creeping up, though, take a break.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”